To Atheists Who Don't Care

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2012, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 05:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: To Atheists Who Don't Care
(24-03-2012 04:23 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(24-03-2012 09:44 AM)kineo Wrote:  And yet you're unwilling to vote because it's a "sham". The best way we have to cause change is through our vote, and you are unwilling to have a say in the way the government operates. But you sure as shit will find a way to feel superior to those that will, and you want to make sure everyone here knows it.

So what's your answer?
Revolution.

Girly ain't down with that.

Quote:
Quote:And are YOU actively trying to stop world problems?
I was hoping to start with truth.

God's speed, fool. There ain't no fuckin' truth out here.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-03-2012, 04:38 PM
(24-03-2012 04:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-03-2012 04:23 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  Revolution.
Girly ain't down with that.
Many of my fellow Americans are Big Grin God bless their souls.
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
24-03-2012, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 04:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-03-2012 04:38 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(24-03-2012 04:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly ain't down with that.
Many of my fellow Americans are Big Grin God bless their souls.

Don't get Girly wrong. He's got an arsenal full of Mossberg's, enough ammo to hold the zombies off for at least a fortnight, and a family fully trained in proper firearm usage. You wanna bring your revolution to my house you better be prepared to encounter some resistance.

24-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Not interested in revolution. Our system isn't perfect and it isn't always just. But I think it's one of the best working system so far.

And besides, you need to define revolution more than just saying "revolution". Do you mean political revolution? A civil war? A change in the system? What kind of change and how will you change it? And if you got your revolution, how can you be sure that the truth will always be told? And which truth? When happens when there are conflicting stories and no way to tell for certain which side holds the truth? Is it going to be YOU who decides what is true and what is false?

Generalities do you no favors- they either scare people off or they anger them. Or both.
24-03-2012, 05:09 PM
(24-03-2012 04:23 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(24-03-2012 09:44 AM)kineo Wrote:  And yet you're unwilling to vote because it's a "sham". The best way we have to cause change is through our vote, and you are unwilling to have a say in the way the government operates. But you sure as shit will find a way to feel superior to those that will, and you want to make sure everyone here knows it.

So what's your answer?
Revolution.

Quote:And are YOU actively trying to stop world problems?

What truth?
The truth can be changed and twisted until you don't know what is the truth.

Like Africa for example, we pour millions of money into African countries but it disappears very quickly.
Instead we are funding the corrupted governments.
We remove the corrupted governments then what?
The public vote for another leader who looks out for the people blah,blah
We found out 5 years later, the leader is just as worse as the one we removed.

The world problems don't just go away easily even if we remove the source of the problem. More problem will just keep coming. The world will always have problems.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 2 users Like tazmin98's post
24-03-2012, 05:11 PM
(24-03-2012 05:03 PM)kineo Wrote:  Not interested in revolution. Our system isn't perfect and it isn't always just. But I think it's one of the best working system so far.

And besides, you need to define revolution more than just saying "revolution". Do you mean political revolution? A civil war? A change in the system? What kind of change and how will you change it? And if you got your revolution, how can you be sure that the truth will always be told? And which truth? What happens when there are conflicting stories and no way to tell for certain which side holds the truth? Is it going to be YOU who decides what is true and what is false?

Generalities do you no favors- they either scare people off or they anger them. Or both.
Civil War. I've seen chunks of my own shit that look better than our current system of government. There is a large difference between accidentally telling someone something that's not true because you yourself don't know if it's true, and actively lying to them.

A generality would be saying 'atheists don't care' not 'to atheists who don't care' see I'm not making a generalization because I'm only already targeting those atheists who don't care.
24-03-2012, 05:20 PM
(24-03-2012 05:11 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(24-03-2012 05:03 PM)kineo Wrote:  Not interested in revolution. Our system isn't perfect and it isn't always just. But I think it's one of the best working system so far.

And besides, you need to define revolution more than just saying "revolution". Do you mean political revolution? A civil war? A change in the system? What kind of change and how will you change it? And if you got your revolution, how can you be sure that the truth will always be told? And which truth? What happens when there are conflicting stories and no way to tell for certain which side holds the truth? Is it going to be YOU who decides what is true and what is false?

Civil War. I've seen chunks of my own shit that look better than our current system of government. There is a large difference between accidentally telling someone something that's not true because you yourself don't know if it's true, and actively lying to them.

A generality would be saying 'atheists don't care' not 'to atheists who don't care' see I'm not making a generalization because I'm only already targeting those atheists who don't care.
So you think you got the world all figured out? You think you care enough? Really? You do? Well, when you get your PhD, and you become an economics professor and politician, you show me what you are made of.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
24-03-2012, 05:22 PM
(24-03-2012 05:11 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  

"Revolution" was a generality. It was unclear what you meant. It could have been a political revolution, or a ethical revolution. But it's clear now that you want civil war. Civil war is unnecessary. I'm not going to continue to speak with you about civil war in the US. Radical talk like that is of no interest to me and that's not why I'm on these forums and it disgusts me.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
24-03-2012, 05:30 PM
(24-03-2012 05:09 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  
(24-03-2012 04:23 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  Revolution.

What truth?
The truth can be changed and twisted until you don't know what is the truth.

Like Africa for example, we pour millions of money into African countries but it disappears very quickly.
Instead we are funding the corrupted governments.
We remove the corrupted governments then what?
The public vote for another leader who looks out for the people blah,blah
We found out 5 years later, the leader is just as worse as the one we removed.

The world problems don't just go away easily even if we remove the source of the problem. More problem will just keep coming. The world will always have problems.

That's my girl. Wink

24-03-2012, 05:42 PM
(24-03-2012 05:20 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  So you think you got the world all figured out? You think you care enough? Really? You do? Well, when you get your PhD, and you become an economics professor and politician, you show me what you are made of.
Nope, I made that mistake when I was 16. I'm not going to become a politician, or a lawyer. There's no point in doing things which will only result in failure. However I have to have some parts of the world figured out, otherwise I'd be lost, but there's always a lot more to learn... we never stop learning.

And Kineo for the love of god, if someone said revolution to you, you wouldn't think about an 'ethical' revolution, you'd think about a revolutionary war. It may be radical yes, but sometimes we can't always sit around and hope things get better on their own.
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post