To Atheists Who Don't Care

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2012, 07:15 AM
RE: To Atheists Who Don't Care
(25-03-2012 05:59 AM)Leela Wrote:  It is interesting how everyone thinks they see clearly now, once they turn 20.
Got it all figured out, know how the world can work better, happier, fair,...
You see, we all know that stuff isn't going right, and a lot of bad things are happening that wouldn't have to IF everyone would act reasonable.
But people in general are not very reasonable. That has nothing to do with not caring.

When I was 20 I had all these great radical ideas, just like you but in another direction. Know what, at some point you will have to realize that you can't make the world better by writing into a forum.
And in 5 - 10 years you will look back and think "oh yes, I thought I was so wise back then" just like most of us do.

So just like you grew out of diapers, you will grow out of this. Just don't try to force your opinions on others like you are doing it here and right now in this forum. Yes, that's what you are doing, you are not really discussing, you are stating what you think you know and nothing can make you think about that.

If you want to change something, move your ass off your sofa and do something, that would be a good starter. See something is wrong or missing in your environment? Make a plan and act.
How many time do I have to say I don't know everything? I know I don't know everything I already admitted that in one of my posts earlier in this thread, I already admitted that many times on this forum. People are acting reasonable according to Darwin's survival of the fittest.

As for doing something? I live in a beautiful land but sadly this land where I live is not the greatest for doing something, much to far away where doing things would have more effect. But I'm still planning, first and most importantly of that plan was to find out where the corruption is coming from so I could act. Since I can't act right now I am sharing that info with others. Sadly others don't have any plans to find out where the corruption is coming from it seems. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2012, 07:29 AM
(25-03-2012 07:15 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  How many time do I have to say I don't know everything? I know I don't know everything I already admitted that in one of my posts earlier in this thread, I already admitted that many times on this forum.
You can say it as much as you want, you are not acting like it.

(25-03-2012 07:15 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  As for doing something? I live in a beautiful land but sadly this land where I live is not the greatest for doing something, much to far away where doing things would have more effect. But I'm still planning, first and most importantly of that plan was to find out where the corruption is coming from so I could act. Since I can't act right now I am sharing that info with others. Sadly others don't have any plans to find out where the corruption is coming from it seems. Drinking Beverage
Wrong. It doesn't matter where you live if you want to change something you will always have to do it yourself and you will find a way. Saying the place where you live is not good for that is an excuse and doesn't count. Everyone could say something like that "but what can I alone change?" "but noone will listen anyway" "i have no ressources for my plans" blahblahblah.
Well first of all, make yourself goals that are actually reachable. You won't be able to change the world but you can change your immediate surroundings, the place where you live, the people around you, the environment around you, maybe even the community where you live. Maybe start there. That's hard enough but it is doable.
Spreading information that is available for everyone of those people you are spreading it to is maybe not the smartest way, eh? Plus the information that you spread so far, at least in this forum, is not properly researched anyway. You spread what you think is true and any hints in another direction will be ignored by yourself. So if you want a bigger picture you wanna check more than one opinion on a topic, I know you claim you do that but again you show in your posts that you don't.

I like revolutioners like you who just talk and never act.
You find a reason to not do anything by stating that it is not a good place to do stuff where you are. Well either move or try anyway... or just keep reading and talking.

Gosh am I happy to be out of that age

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
25-03-2012, 07:42 AM
(25-03-2012 07:29 AM)Leela Wrote:  Wrong. It doesn't matter where you live if you want to change something you will always have to do it yourself and you will find a way. Saying the place where you live is not good for that is an excuse and doesn't count. Everyone could say something like that "but what can I alone change?" "but noone will listen anyway" "i have no ressources for my plans" blahblahblah.
Well first of all, make yourself goals that are actually reachable. You won't be able to change the world but you can change your immediate surroundings, the place where you live, the people around you, the environment around you, maybe even the community where you live. Maybe start there. That's hard enough but it is doable.
Spreading information that is available for everyone of those people you are spreading it to is maybe not the smartest way, eh? Plus the information that you spread so far, at least in this forum, is not properly researched anyway. You spread what you think is true and any hints in another direction will be ignored by yourself. So if you want a bigger picture you wanna check more than one opinion on a topic, I know you claim you do that but again you show in your posts that you don't.

I like revolutioners like you who just talk and never act.
You find a reason to not do anything by stating that it is not a good place to do stuff where you are. Well either move or try anyway... or just keep reading and talking.

Gosh am I happy to be out of that age
You realize that if I just act I will likely be killed, or arrested as a suspected terrorist and held indefinitely without trial? You act as if it's just a walk in the park, when in reality it's not, people need money I am no exception. People need time, I am no exception. I like people like you, instead of planning something you just don't care and hope someone else will do it.

This sort of things takes planning, lots and lots of planning... at least if you want to have even the slightest hope of success. Object number one on the plan, find a steady job.

Also just because something someone else believes in is something that you don't believe in does not mean they have not done proper research, likewise this applies to me to.
25-03-2012, 07:48 AM
(25-03-2012 07:42 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  You realize that if I just act I will likely be killed, or arrested as a suspected terrorist and held indefinitely without trial? You act as if it's just a walk in the park, when in reality it's not, people need money I am no exception. People need time, I am no exception. I like people like you, instead of planning something you just don't care and hope someone else will do it.
First of all, people have always found ways to act. And if it is so important for you, you wont even care if you die on the run as long as the goal is being achieved (whatever your goal is)
Second: I am not the one who wants a revolution, that's you. And I myself btw have two big projects running right now. One for me, one for people. Tell me again about not having a plan?

(25-03-2012 07:42 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  Also just because something someone else believes in is something that you don't believe in does not mean they have not done proper research, likewise this applies to me to.
Well said. Now act as if you mean it.

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
25-03-2012, 07:54 AM
(25-03-2012 07:48 AM)Leela Wrote:  Well said. Now act as if you mean it.
Sure I will, right after I have more money than just for gas. Kind of unfair that you get to know my plans but I don't get to know yours.
25-03-2012, 07:55 AM
For a start Arctic, anyone who plans violent revolution as you suggest *should* be jailed IMO. You rant about executing people - what if the lens is turned on you, would you die for your cause?

Second, improving the world starts with a bit of work close to home. Start small. You can fight corruption or whatever is your poison of choice on a small scale first. Work your way up. People who do this make a difference. People who dream big from the start never get started and never achieve anything.

Third, violence is pointless. We have working infrastructure and good ways of doing things. You don't have to tear it all down before you build something new.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-03-2012, 08:04 AM
well TAS, I am not the one who plans a big revolution Wink I don't see anything unfair but if you want to know one of my projects you may just click on the banner in my signature.
Started it 2 weeks ago and it is already running (slowly of course but it's a start). That's how fast it can go.

25-03-2012, 09:03 AM
(25-03-2012 07:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  For a start Arctic, anyone who plans violent revolution as you suggest *should* be jailed IMO. You rant about executing people - what if the lens is turned on you, would you die for your cause?

Second, improving the world starts with a bit of work close to home. Start small. You can fight corruption or whatever is your poison of choice on a small scale first. Work your way up. People who do this make a difference. People who dream big from the start never get started and never achieve anything.

Third, violence is pointless. We have working infrastructure and good ways of doing things. You don't have to tear it all down before you build something new.
Well it doesn't have to be a violent revolution, but I simply can't see them going peacefully, they've murdered many people already. Nor can I see a peaceful revolution working, likely it would just end up that they'd probably assassinate the leaders. (they've done it before) and to answer the last part, I'd rather tear it all down and start fresh than leave a bit of the cancer there from which it can spread again. To get rid of cancer, you have to get rid of all of the infected tissue.
25-03-2012, 11:37 AM
(25-03-2012 09:03 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  Well it doesn't have to be a violent revolution, but I simply can't see them going peacefully, they've murdered many people already. Nor can I see a peaceful revolution working, likely it would just end up that they'd probably assassinate the leaders. (they've done it before) and to answer the last part, I'd rather tear it all down and start fresh than leave a bit of the cancer there from which it can spread again. To get rid of cancer, you have to get rid of all of the infected tissue.
Have you read 1984 Arctic? That's what you'll get. Besides which many will stand against you because you clearly have no clue. A leader has to be worthy to be followed. At this present moment your revolution is fucked before it starts, precisely because you want to wave a magic wand and everyone must follow what you say. This kind of thing, a social problem, takes *work* to overcome. Long hard years of work.

Before you go anywhere you need to decide:
a. What's wrong. Precisely what's wrong, not "everything's fucked and I could do it so much better" because that's bullshit.
b. What are your options for effecting change. I know you're so damn keen to kill everyone you don't like, but it's guaranteed to be both the hardest method to put into practice and the most likely to fail. Also the method that leaves you with the most mess to clear up afterwards. People have been trying war for centuries and it does *fuck all* to improve the status quo.
c. How far *you* can go, where precisely you fit in. You might see yourself as the victorious general but if you see things in the grandiose terms you'll just be another unwashed idiot who never does anything.

For example, what do you know about war? A lot I bet. Been reading up on the internet I'm sure. Could you be a soldier? Could you direct an army? I bet you think you could, but the guys in professional armies all over the world have been studying war their whole lives, if you're gonna go up against them you better be prepared to do some training yourself. If you don't do this, you will fail.

Or you could continue to throw your narcissism around on the internet Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Read "The Empire" by Orson Scott Card.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]