To Atheists Who Don't Care

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2012, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 12:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: To Atheists Who Don't Care
(24-03-2012 04:38 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(24-03-2012 04:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly ain't down with that.
Many of my fellow Americans are Big Grin God bless their souls.

Well I'm still not sure that I give a shit, but why don't you give me the names of these blessed souls anyway so I can determine for myself whether yours is a cause worth following.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2012, 01:05 PM
(25-03-2012 11:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Before you go anywhere you need to decide:
a. What's wrong. Precisely what's wrong, not "everything's fucked and I could do it so much better" because that's bullshit.
b. What are your options for effecting change. I know you're so damn keen to kill everyone you don't like, but it's guaranteed to be both the hardest method to put into practice and the most likely to fail. Also the method that leaves you with the most mess to clear up afterwards. People have been trying war for centuries and it does *fuck all* to improve the status quo.
c. How far *you* can go, where precisely you fit in. You might see yourself as the victorious general but if you see things in the grandiose terms you'll just be another unwashed idiot who never does anything.

For example, what do you know about war? A lot I bet. Been reading up on the internet I'm sure. Could you be a soldier? Could you direct an army? I bet you think you could, but the guys in professional armies all over the world have been studying war their whole lives, if you're gonna go up against them you better be prepared to do some training yourself. If you don't do this, you will fail.

Or you could continue to throw your narcissism around on the internet Big Grin
A. Everything is fucked and 75% of the people on the planet could do a better job than the corrupt assholes in the government are doing.
B. I don't want to kill everyone I don't like, I want to kill the murderers we call our leaders, it's called justice.
C. What? I'm no general.

I know that many of the wars in the past 70 years in which the U.S. was involved in was started by the U.S. The other half was started by the Soviet Union. The army isn't as professional as you think it is, the Marines, oh yes but the army? Nope. I was actually kind of hoping the military would join our cause. You know, with the planes and the tanks, and the machine guns, pretty hard for a bunch of civilians to stand up against that. Especially the planes.

Any hope of success would lie in the military not being used against it's citizens, is revolution a bad idea? Yes it is, do you have a better idea? If so lets hear it.
25-03-2012, 01:26 PM
(25-03-2012 01:05 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 11:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Before you go anywhere you need to decide:
a. What's wrong. Precisely what's wrong, not "everything's fucked and I could do it so much better" because that's bullshit.
b. What are your options for effecting change. I know you're so damn keen to kill everyone you don't like, but it's guaranteed to be both the hardest method to put into practice and the most likely to fail. Also the method that leaves you with the most mess to clear up afterwards. People have been trying war for centuries and it does *fuck all* to improve the status quo.
c. How far *you* can go, where precisely you fit in. You might see yourself as the victorious general but if you see things in the grandiose terms you'll just be another unwashed idiot who never does anything.

For example, what do you know about war? A lot I bet. Been reading up on the internet I'm sure. Could you be a soldier? Could you direct an army? I bet you think you could, but the guys in professional armies all over the world have been studying war their whole lives, if you're gonna go up against them you better be prepared to do some training yourself. If you don't do this, you will fail.

Or you could continue to throw your narcissism around on the internet Big Grin
I don't want to kill everyone I don't like, I want to kill the murderers we call our leaders, it's called justice. VENGEANCE
There we go.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
25-03-2012, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 01:42 PM by morondog.)
Arctic... everything's fucked is not an answer. What's so outrageous that WAR is the only solution? The corrupt assholes in government huh? What about the stupid know-nothing anarchistic freaks who think they could do a better job? I wouldn't trust you to mow the lawn, never mind run a country.

You want to kill the murderers we call leaders? why are people who're working damn hard to give you a lifestyle where you can whine deserving of death? *You* want to be a murderer just like them remember.

And no soldier is going to listen to your rambling.

As far as better ideas go, almost anything is a better idea than your bullshit proposal. My personal choice is to change the *already working* system, if if I think it needs change. You could go through the recognized channels like becoming a politician - from your posts you're *well* qualified - but noooo you want your revolution with guns and senseless killing.

You want revolution across the board because you don't like society as it is. I'm guessing (since you were so damn specific in your reply to my what's wrong question) that you don't like government control so I assume you want some kind of anarchy? Anarchy is not necessarily bad, I've heard some decent arguments for it, but you're going to have to replace the government with *something*. Roads need to be maintained, police forces, fire departments, the economy needs to still run because *people need food*. These are facts that you can't get away from. If you want to change things by violence then you will need to build a power structure and a war capability - and instantly you have become the thing that you want to destroy. Because if you think that after the war, assuming that you manage to win, which is extremely unlikely, if you think that the power structure is gonna dissolve and you're gonna live in anarchist happy town for the rest of your life, then you're yet again an idiot. Power begets power, if it's not you, the ethical ruler at the helm, someone else will make a grab for it. And what makes you think that you're so well qualified to lead? Or are you proposing to follow someone greater than yourself?
Here's my prediction for the results of your revolution if you ever do anything besides talk:

1. You might manage to convince either some idiots or people with their own agendas that following your lead is a good idea. A small group probably. If you get enough support some politician will try to use you.
2. You'll either do as the politician says and get cut loose when he decides that you've served your purpose, you will end up either dead or jailed and that'll be the end of your movement.
3. Otherwise, you'll follow your own ideas, perpetrate some senseless idiocy somewhere, probably involving killing some innocent people, and get arrested. If you're enough of a nuisance the army gets called in and you get shot.

Big Grin

But you've demonstrated a bit of reluctance to get your ass on the line anyway. It's all hoping to convince soldiers. ROFLMAO Laughat You want to convince people that they should expend their lives so that *you* can bring about your utopia... Well, people are idiots so you might find some who're dumb enough.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-03-2012, 02:50 PM
(25-03-2012 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Arctic... everything's fucked is not an answer. What's so outrageous that WAR is the only solution? The corrupt assholes in government huh? What about the stupid know-nothing anarchistic freaks who think they could do a better job? I wouldn't trust you to mow the lawn, never mind run a country.

You want to kill the murderers we call leaders? why are people who're working damn hard to give you a lifestyle where you can whine deserving of death? *You* want to be a murderer just like them remember.

And no soldier is going to listen to your rambling.

As far as better ideas go, almost anything is a better idea than your bullshit proposal. My personal choice is to change the *already working* system, if if I think it needs change. You could go through the recognized channels like becoming a politician - from your posts you're *well* qualified - but noooo you want your revolution with guns and senseless killing.

You want revolution across the board because you don't like society as it is. I'm guessing (since you were so damn specific in your reply to my what's wrong question) that you don't like government control so I assume you want some kind of anarchy? Anarchy is not necessarily bad, I've heard some decent arguments for it, but you're going to have to replace the government with *something*. Roads need to be maintained, police forces, fire departments, the economy needs to still run because *people need food*. These are facts that you can't get away from. If you want to change things by violence then you will need to build a power structure and a war capability - and instantly you have become the thing that you want to destroy. Because if you think that after the war, assuming that you manage to win, which is extremely unlikely, if you think that the power structure is gonna dissolve and you're gonna live in anarchist happy town for the rest of your life, then you're yet again an idiot. Power begets power, if it's not you, the ethical ruler at the helm, someone else will make a grab for it. And what makes you think that you're so well qualified to lead? Or are you proposing to follow someone greater than yourself?
Here's my prediction for the results of your revolution if you ever do anything besides talk:

1. You might manage to convince either some idiots or people with their own agendas that following your lead is a good idea. A small group probably. If you get enough support some politician will try to use you.
2. You'll either do as the politician says and get cut loose when he decides that you've served your purpose, you will end up either dead or jailed and that'll be the end of your movement.

But you've demonstrated a bit of reluctance to get your ass on the line anyway. It's all hoping to convince soldiers. You want to convince people that they should expend their lives so that *you* can bring about your utopia... Well, people are idiots so you might find some who're dumb enough.
Everything is fucked is an observation. I can see from your post that you haven't even begun to follow the rabbit, since you still think becoming a politician would work. That's what John F. Kennedy and his Brother Robert F. Kennedy thought too... hell Martin Luther King wasn't even a politician and they still got him! And Bill Cooper too... and these are just the big guys, god knows how many small people have been framed or murdered.

Secondly you have some really stupid fucking philosophies up there. power begets power? wtf? You think I care about power? Or even money? These are things that do not exist outside of human society they mean nothing. I'm not even an anarchist, now you're just assuming things about me. Secondly I would really hate to be the leader of said revolution, whether peaceful or not, the chances me getting killed would be enormous. Unless I was as lucky as Hitler (the dude survived over 40 assassination attempts) and along with the huge chance of being killed then there's the stress.

Also, please don't say the government is busting it's ass to give me a living. Everyone who has watched T.V. recently has seen that the entire political system is playing one big game grab ass.

I used to be like you, I thought it was just a small manner of corruption... but it is way huger than I ever thought it would ever be. It's not even as though I think a revolution would work, just that if I'm going to die I'd rather die doing something meaningful. The fact that people like you are just so blissfully ignorant of the state of the world is not helping.

[Image: A_743506_2580021.gif]
25-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Yet you've repeatedly failed to come up with anything concrete other than shoot everyone as a solution.

I think I'll sign up for which ever team you're not on Big Grin
25-03-2012, 03:02 PM
(25-03-2012 02:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  Yet you've repeatedly failed to come up with anything concrete other than shoot everyone as a solution.

I think I'll sign up for which ever team you're not on Big Grin
Well you could hope to riot and remove those in power, but later on down the line you'd probably get fucked in the ass by the bankers.
25-03-2012, 03:09 PM
You don't get it. I'm actively against what you're trying to start. If you ever managed to organize yourselves enough to get your little party started I'd be right bang alongside the forces of law and order *protecting* those so unworthy bankers. After all, I've got a bank account.

If you want support for your cause you're gonna have to show a bit of organizational ability, some kind of clearly defined purpose and a *lack* of commitment to violence from the outset. Otherwise, your shining white movement will degenerate into a bunch of thugs.

Replacing government by a bunch of thugs seems like a dumb idea. Unless you can show that you have something vastly better to replace it with *and that that idea isn't just fairy dust farted from your ass* then you'll get nowhere.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-03-2012, 03:21 PM
(25-03-2012 03:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  You don't get it. I'm actively against what you're trying to start. If you ever managed to organize yourselves enough to get your little party started I'd be right bang alongside the forces of law and order *protecting* those so unworthy bankers. After all, I've got a bank account.

If you want support for your cause you're gonna have to show a bit of organizational ability, some kind of clearly defined purpose and a *lack* of commitment to violence from the outset. Otherwise, your shining white movement will degenerate into a bunch of thugs.

Replacing government by a bunch of thugs seems like a dumb idea. Unless you can show that you have something vastly better to replace it with *and that that idea isn't just fairy dust farted from your ass* then you'll get nowhere.
The Law and Order should be arresting the bankers on charges of crimes against humanity and other ones. Certainly wouldn't want to replace the government thugs with a bunch of other thugs, that would leave us right where we started. Do you fear change?
25-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Yes, war has accomplished so much peace in our world that we should continue to show our accomplishment of becoming vastly more intelligent than our predecessors by creating much more violence.

Is this our only option? I don't believe so.

It is a last resort if truly needed. I also don't believe we have reached that point.

Now our government system isn't perfect but being comparable to your feces is questionable. I thought our form of government was much better than the theocracies, dictatorships, and monarchies of before(Terrible forms of government still exist nowadays). We have the power of changing and making our system better to fit us and I say we take advantage of that. Why lose lives on a revolution when we can just change a system that currently exists now.

It isn't perfect but no system is. If you can propose a better one than feel free to express it.

You may argue that corruption is everywhere but that happens with any form of government and will continue to happen no matter which form or system you want too choose.

I just believe there is multiple other directions to achieve change. Martin Luther King and Gandhi are praised as heroes for promoting peace and Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin are seen as enemies for promoting war.

Yes we have fought some good wars for freedom and what is right. Just remember only a small amount have ever been for what is good.

I am becoming a politician and even though you may not believe I can change anything I can at least certainly try.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 3 users Like ShirubaDangan's post