To I and I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2012, 07:53 AM
To I and I
Well, I haven't engaged with you, and I won't. There is no point to it.

But I thought I'd pass something on to you:

When everything you see happening around you starts looking like the same story, there is something wrong with your lens.

If nothing else, this world is full of variety. There are varieties of reasons why things involving humans happen, always.

Your lens may see some things correctly, but try to use a variety of lenses to look through, otherwise you are missing out.

Just saying.... Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
05-12-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: To I and I
(05-12-2012 07:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I haven't engaged with you, and I won't. There is no point to it.

When everything you see happening around you starts looking like the same story, there is something wrong with your lens.

If nothing else, this world is full of variety. There are varieties of reasons why things involving humans happen, always.

Your lens may see some things correctly, but try to use a variety of lenses to look through, otherwise you are missing out.

Just saying.... Drinking Beverage
One doesn't need to look through another lens to understand something "better". Does one gain more of a knowledge of Hitlers policies by looking at his childhood or early adulthood? No because Hitler was a symptom of wider european colonial views and racist views that many in europe believed. My belief that the U.S. shouldn't torture people isn't because I looked at torture through a different lens nor do I understand what torture feels like, and I don't need to do this to be against torture. You can never understand what other people are going through from their perspective, I have never been tortured and don't understand what torture feels like but I made the choice to be against torture, I don't need to know or talk to people that have been tortured to come to the conclusion that torture sucks and is a terrible thing.
05-12-2012, 08:18 AM
consider yourself lucky...

me and you share the same birthday

Drinking Beverage
05-12-2012, 08:19 AM
If you disregard information you loose certainty on your conclusions. Looking things from different lenses is just a metaphor about obtaining more information about the same topic, and you can never know how much is enough info, actually a good rule of thumb is that info is never enough.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
05-12-2012, 08:30 AM
(05-12-2012 08:19 AM)nach_in Wrote:  If you disregard information you loose certainty on your conclusions. Looking things from different lenses is just a metaphor about obtaining more information about the same topic, and you can never know how much is enough info, actually a good rule of thumb is that info is never enough.
I do obtain information about many topics, I don't pretend to know what other people in other cultures feel or go through and I don't believe I need to. It comes down to personal choice, even though I don't know what being tortured feels like, at some point I had to make a choice to be against it or for it.
05-12-2012, 08:51 AM
funny you use the word "choice", freaking philosophers messing with our minds Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
05-12-2012, 08:57 AM
To I and I
Wow, I. Applying Godwin's Law in your very first response. That might be a new record. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
05-12-2012, 09:45 AM
(05-12-2012 07:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I haven't engaged with you, and I won't. There is no point to it.

Someone please tell me - how is this not fucked up?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2012, 09:50 AM
(05-12-2012 09:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

It's not as fucked up as this:
[Image: tumblr_lz1q4vAeNc1qk5d6ao1_500.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
05-12-2012, 12:26 PM
(05-12-2012 09:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Yeah it is, but it's the truth. (Oh no, not the truth again! Confused )

I know when I meet someone I just cannot converse with.

But I couldn't help myself, I had to give him something to think about - if he would. I knew all that would come back was slogans. I had to try though.

I just have nothing to say about what he wrote, it does not relate.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post