To Kikko: I expect better from fellow atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2011, 06:12 PM
To Kikko: I expect better from fellow atheist
Kikko don't get on youtube and talk down about Americans. I was on thethinkingatheist youtube page and Kikko, he is Hikko on youtube, posted a comment talking down about Americans. First off Kikko if you want to insult me say it to my face. You have lost all credibility. Everyone don't read his post the guy is immature, he discriminates, and is poorly educated because intelligent people don't make assumptions about an entire group of people. He makes us atheist look bad. Again Kikko grow up and man up. Say it to my face if you hate Americans because buddy I don't care for you either.

This is to everyone from other countries: I respect you all and your countries. I love other countries. I love talking to and making friends with people from other cultures. I have friends here on campus from Europe, Chile, and Canada. Please understand that we americans are not all the same. I am an atheist. I am a liberal. I think people from other countries are equals. I even defend other countries when people talk them down.

All in all, please understand what I am trying to say. I am tired of hearing that all Americans this and all Americans that in the general media. Again I respect you all and your countries.We are all equals. I even prefer women from other countries. Something sexy about that lol (just wanting to lighten the mood).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2011, 06:23 PM
RE: To Kikko: I expect better from fellow atheist
I'm too lazy to go and look. Can you post a summary of what was said?

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
23-01-2011, 06:24 PM
May we have a quote of him saying this? Or perhaps a print screen of said comment? I'm curious to what he has said, you may have simply misconstrued his point. Perhaps it was written in the thick of emotion or for the simple enjoyment of trolling. I'm not showing favouritism, I just want to hear it from both parties.

I don't think he should be condemned before expressing his side on the matter.

[Image: websig.png]
23-01-2011, 06:32 PM
On youtube.com if you go to thethinkingatheist youtube page there was a guy on there named RexRyan trolling and making disgusting comments at thethinkingatheist creator. Then Kikko (Hikko on youtube) made the comment, "RexRyan is either a troll or from america." The troll RexRyan made the comment about how he lost braincells watching the videos. Also RexRyan has a redneck trashy youtube page. So it can be interpreted that Kikko thinks all Americans are like that troll. RexRyan is a disgusting person yes and you can tell by his youtube profile, but Kikko was getting at the fact all Americans are like that.
23-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Couldn't he have been trolling the troll for the sake of pure humour? Or just trying to incite a rage fest?

[Image: websig.png]
23-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Well, I'd like to hear Kikko's side of that, because I can personally attest that we are not all white trash. Sadly, I can see why that stereotype might exist though. Some places have a high population of those people. Sadly I live in one of them. Sad

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
23-01-2011, 07:10 PM
(23-01-2011 06:39 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Well, I'd like to hear Kikko's side of that, because I can personally attest that we are not all white trash. Sadly, I can see why that stereotype might exist though. Some places have a high population of those people. Sadly I live in one of them. Sad

As do I. Its sad that the rest of the world views us Americans like this but sometimes I just cannot find a reason to argue. We don't exactly do much to shed the poor images of Americans.

I mean 'we' as a country in general. Not the great Americans we have at this site. As a society we deserve a great deal of the negative image we get. Instead of stomping our feet and getting upset that somebody would have that view.....we need to work on changing why we are viewed in that way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2011, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2011 07:27 PM by omega21.)
(23-01-2011 06:38 PM)Ms Rukia Wrote:  Couldn't he have been trolling the troll for the sake of pure humour? Or just trying to incite a rage fest?
I don't think he was doing either. I think he was just giving off his opinion and found that comment by a random youtuber as a valuable oppurtunity to express what he thinks about Americans since someone was acting like the stereotypical American.
(23-01-2011 07:10 PM)silent_drgn Wrote:  
(23-01-2011 06:39 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Well, I'd like to hear Kikko's side of that, because I can personally attest that we are not all white trash. Sadly, I can see why that stereotype might exist though. Some places have a high population of those people. Sadly I live in one of them. Sad

As do I. Its sad that the rest of the world views us Americans like this but sometimes I just cannot find a reason to argue. We don't exactly do much to shed the poor images of Americans.

I mean 'we' as a country in general. Not the great Americans we have at this site. As a society we deserve a great deal of the negative image we get. Instead of stomping our feet and getting upset that somebody would have that view.....we need to work on changing why we are viewed in that way.

I think that we are making great strides though. Our current goverment is not what it was in 2000-2008 and is helping our image after it was destroyed during those years. Our current liberal goverment can help us in letting the world know that Americans are not bad afterall, and that we want to work with other countries in making the world a better place, not against them.
23-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Well, the only thing I found said by Hikk0/Kikko was
Hikk0 Wrote:RexRyan is either a troll or from america.
Which the case may be made that it is a joke in bad humor, but I don't take it as anything else but a joke. I've been more offended by most of my favorite comics.

Unless there is something else that was said, I would say you're over-reacting a bit.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
23-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:I think that we are making great strides though. Our current goverment is not what it was in 2000-2008 and is helping our image after it was destroyed during those years. Our current liberal goverment can help us in letting the world know that Americans are not bad afterall, and that we want to work with other countries in making the world a better place, not against them.

I definitely agree with you on that. For me the largest amount of work is with the general public. Average people. Americans, in general, are not very kind to those that are from other countries and this gives us a very bad name.

Thats also not something that will change very quickly or easily.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user