To Miseryjokebird!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2012, 02:07 PM
To Miseryjokebird!
All forums have their lowest common denominator......people who want to cruelly target specific groups and ridicule the aged and dying people.

As for the vid, and hopeless would be comic, i would love to get him into the ring at my local gym and slam dunk his fat arse into the cross buckle.

I am far from being a politically correct person; I dion't mind black comedy done well and directed at those interested. There comes a time however when even the best becomes cruel, sick, and abusive especially when presented by a moron.

Mjb, based on previous posts, seems to have a hatred for old people and hatred is always hatred leading in all directions............You might get old one day; it will give you a chance to grow some brains hopefully.

I have always tried to avoid your posts; unfortunately as a 70 year old, the title overcame my curiosity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
11-03-2012, 02:40 PM
RE: To Miseryjokebird!
(11-03-2012 02:07 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As for the vid, and hopeless would be comic, i would love to get him into the ring at my local gym and slam dunk his fat arse into the cross buckle.

Haha you are probably a little pussy, just like every other internet tough guy.

It was a joke video...whats hard about that to understand. However, there were some truths in it as well, particularly concerning gullible old people who watch faux news and always vote republican against the best interest of themselves and their prodigy.
11-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Being a forum there will often be other members you disagree with, or entirely dislike. It is a culmination of individuals from all over the world and perspectives from all over the world.
I find that there is often this assumption that because we have all come here because of one singular idea, for some reason we must all believe everything identically and share the same opinions on all things. Living in a natural harmony.
That unfortunately only occurs with the Borg.
This is also the reason I think an atheist political party is silly.

Let's just lose this assumption and realize we are all totally different people with entirely different ideas of what life is and how it should work.

Then maybe when we don't agree with someone we can just avoid them or politely debate with them. You know instead of calling each other names like children.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
11-03-2012, 04:26 PM
(11-03-2012 02:07 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Mjb, based on previous posts, seems to have a hatred for old people and hatred is always hatred leading in all directions............You might get old one day; it will give you a chance to grow some brains hopefully.

Ditto.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-03-2012, 06:30 PM
(11-03-2012 04:18 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Being a forum there will often be other members you disagree with, or entirely dislike. It is a culmination of individuals from all over the world and perspectives from all over the world.
I find that there is often this assumption that because we have all come here because of one singular idea, for some reason we must all believe everything identically and share the same opinions on all things. Living in a natural harmony.
That unfortunately only occurs with the Borg.
This is also the reason I think an atheist political party is silly.

Let's just lose this assumption and realize we are all totally different people with entirely different ideas of what life is and how it should work.

Then maybe when we don't agree with someone we can just avoid them or politely debate with them. You know instead of calling each other names like children.

I sort of agree. I don't see why we must debate like adults though, or why name calling is considered childish. If someone posts something that is a sweeping generalization that is offensive to a particular group why should that group or anyone else that finds it distasteful not retaliate.

In losing the assumption that we are all the same, we must also lose the assumption that we should all respond the same. You say we are all different then that we should all adhere to the same protocol when responding. Why?

If some see something that they think is designed specifically to insult them in some way, why are they not allowed to insult back. If someone posted a racist video and I agreed in a not very polite manner then should I expect reason and rationality in the responses I get.

People who are polite and rational get polite and rational back. People who are not do not. That is only my opinion of course, as you quite rightly say we are all different.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Eternal's post
11-03-2012, 06:34 PM
(11-03-2012 06:30 PM)Eternal Wrote:  People who are polite and rational get polite and rational back. People who are not do not. That is only my opinion of course, as you quite rightly say we are all different.

For the most part. But there sure are some loose cannons out there who will fire at anyone.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-03-2012, 06:41 PM
(11-03-2012 06:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(11-03-2012 06:30 PM)Eternal Wrote:  People who are polite and rational get polite and rational back. People who are not do not. That is only my opinion of course, as you quite rightly say we are all different.

For the most part. But there sure are some loose cannons out there who will fire at anyone.

Agreed. That was more how I try to approach it rather than a definitive statement.

Friedrich Nietzsche
11-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Calling people names IS childish, not that there isn't room for childish behavior on occasion. I'm not saying people have to debate in an adult manner. Every situation is different.
I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do anything. just putting in my two cents.
It's been a recurring theme lately, to battle back and forth. Maybe it's just getting on my nerves a little.

I wrote out a huge thing just now and then deleted it. I'm too tired.
Here's a funny Gif instead.

[Image: j67pW.gif]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
11-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Lol, cool GIF.

Friedrich Nietzsche
11-03-2012, 08:41 PM
(11-03-2012 07:05 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I wrote out a huge thing just now and then deleted it. I'm too tired.
Here's a funny Gif instead.

Can I point out how valuable this technique is when interacting with other people, especially on forums online? If you can't figure out what to say, you can say nothing. You can also pretend that someone didn't say a mean thing.

And when you're overcome with the need to write a long, scathing, twisty response and actually do finish writing it...you can just delete it. Nobody has to know. Once I learned how to do that, I think I started coming off as less of an asshole online.

Well, people at least don't yell at me as much anymore.
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post