To Robby Pants (late responce)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: To Robby Pants (late responce)
This reminds me of the aliens on Galaxy Quest, they didn't understand the concept of lying.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
31-07-2015, 07:33 PM
(31-07-2015 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  There is some truth(one drop) in your statement, my dear GirlyManSmile
"Every religion is true one way or another."

Why do you dismiss the rest of Joseph Campbell's statement? You have already suggested more than once that the Bible needs to be read metaphorically.
I never suggested such a thing. Something in the Bible needs to be read metaphorically, something needs to be understood literally.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
31-07-2015, 07:44 PM
(31-07-2015 05:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  GWG already linked three examples.

But for my example, I submit the work of one Andrew Wakefield, who released a fraudulent research paper claiming to have found a causal link between the MMR vaccine and autism.
His 'work' has been thoroughly demonstrated to be inaccurate by every scientist who examined it; it has not a single iota of truth within, and yet people still cite him on a daily basis when arguing against vaccination.

You don't need truth, just sufficiently credulous people.
Without reading this research I know that there is at least one drop of the truth. Otherwise Andrew Wakefield would not believe it himself.

If your standard for "drop of truth" is that Humans exist and have received vaccines. There is that "truth" to it. That's about it.

I've already stated you have insensibly low standards for what you think links conclusions, Like your outlandish conclusions of atheists and seeking to destroy/kill religious folks or your motivation to have stricter rules on people YOU fear regardless of how it impacts them. You have a need for counselling even if from a preacher/clergyman. The logical leaps you make are of a person in danger to others.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-07-2015, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 07:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(31-07-2015 07:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why do you dismiss the rest of Joseph Campbell's statement? You have already suggested more than once that the Bible needs to be read metaphorically.
I never suggested such a thing.

I'm pretty sure I recall you saying that poor fig tree Jesus defiled was a metaphor or story or parable. I think you suggested something similar for the creation fable in Genesis. I'm pretty sure I could pull up more.

(31-07-2015 07:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  Something in the Bible needs to be read metaphorically, something needs to be understood literally.

Which parts of the Bible should be read literally and which metaphorically? And how do you distinguish which is which and who is who?

#sigh
31-07-2015, 07:50 PM
(31-07-2015 06:47 PM)julep Wrote:  No No No Fucking no. Wanting something to be true, and devising a study to prove it so, then falsifying the results of the study, is IN NO MEANS "basing research on some truth."
Every false theory, teaching, philosophy has some truth. Where can I read his whole work? I will find you some truth.

31-07-2015, 07:52 PM
(31-07-2015 05:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  GWG already linked three examples.

But for my example, I submit the work of one Andrew Wakefield, who released a fraudulent research paper claiming to have found a causal link between the MMR vaccine and autism.
His 'work' has been thoroughly demonstrated to be inaccurate by every scientist who examined it; it has not a single iota of truth within, and yet people still cite him on a daily basis when arguing against vaccination.

You don't need truth, just sufficiently credulous people.
Without reading this research I know that there is at least one drop of the truth. Otherwise Andrew Wakefield would not believe it himself.

He didn't believe it - he was consciously lying. He stood to gain financially from the lie.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-07-2015, 07:55 PM
(31-07-2015 07:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 06:47 PM)julep Wrote:  No No No Fucking no. Wanting something to be true, and devising a study to prove it so, then falsifying the results of the study, is IN NO MEANS "basing research on some truth."

Every false theory, teaching, philosophy has some truth. Where can I read his whole work? I will find you some truth.

Flat earth 'theory' has no truth in it. Phlogiston 'theory' doesn't. Nor does geocentrism.

Also, I linked to Wakefield's paper, it was the final link on my post. The one after the refuting paper.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-07-2015, 07:57 PM
(31-07-2015 07:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm pretty sure I recall you saying that poor fig tree Jesus defiled was a metaphor or story or parable. I think you suggested something similar for the creation fable in Genesis. I'm pretty sure I could pull up more.
No, GirlyMan, I have never said that all in the Bible has to be understood metaphorically.
(31-07-2015 07:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How do you distinguish which is which and who is who?
By the power of the Holy Ghost.Angel
But how can you have this help of the Holy Ghost?
True atheist wouldn't care about it. Do you agree?

31-07-2015, 08:01 PM
(31-07-2015 07:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  Without reading this research I know that there is at least one drop of the truth. Otherwise Andrew Wakefield would not believe it himself.

He didn't believe it - he was consciously lying. He stood to gain financially from the lie.
I don't deny this possibility. But those who believe him find some drops of the truth.
Otherwise they wouldn't believe him.

31-07-2015, 08:09 PM
(31-07-2015 07:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  By the power of the Holy Ghost.Angel
But how can you have this help of the Holy Ghost?
True atheist wouldn't care about it. Do you agree?

Oh I've had the experience of ingesting, chewing, swallowing and regurgitating the Holy Spirit 4 decades ago. You know what it left me with? A keen sense of smell for bullshit. Your sense of smell for bullshit is not even developed let alone refined.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post