To Robby Pants (late responce)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: To Robby Pants (late responce)
(27-07-2015 11:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 10:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Do you though?
I do, I do Yes
Cool as long as you know your fiction is fiction then no problem, though it could use a few more dragons and maybe a wizard.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-07-2015, 04:36 AM
(27-07-2015 10:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 09:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Who created the rules your god is subject to ?
Hmm, those laws are eternal and there is no beginning and no end of generations of Gods. So, for now I may assume that nobody.

So your god is not creator of all.
Interesting.
You preachy da heresy.
Me a gonna tell da Prophets.

BTW, didn't Paul tell women to be silent ?
Why you so gabby ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-07-2015, 05:05 AM
[Image: 2c27e57b3febf20f8ad9b1dc27a9-does-god-ne...arship.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
28-07-2015, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 06:59 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
Although the phrase "true prophet" is an oxymoronic term, as they have never existed, like god, lets take a peek at yours....

1. Came from a family that was known for their slothfulness and illegal behavior. Joseph Smith was tried and convicted of a crime called "money digging" which was a scam wherein he and some unscrupulous friends convinced local people that they knew the whereabouts of secret treasure, and would con them into being paid to dig for it.

2. While leading the church in Illinois, created an illegal bank by convincing his followers to contribute their life savings. He did this by showing them a box that was supposedly full of coins, but in fact had one layer and the rest filled with rocks. He, the chosen prophet of god, then invested the money in bad land schemes and lost it all, first running from the law and then blaming it all on other people who he had coerced into signing their names to the contracts.

3. Became a polygamist first without bothering to tell his wife, until he was supposedly caught shanking his 16 year old housemaid, Fanny Alger. There is some dispute about that, but it is known he polygamously married at least ten women all under the legal marrying age, the youngest 14. She later admitted, after going to Utah with the Mormons, that he sired a child by her.

The "revelation" on polygamy happened after he began having affairs with women. He even sent men on missions and then convinced their wives at home to engage in sexual congress with him.

4. Joseph smith was imprisoned because the people of Nauvoo, Illinois, rebelling against him, published a paper denouncing him. Smith's henchmen destroyed the printing press, a direct offense against the constitutional right of freedom of the press. He also threatened the lives of everyone involved with the paper and confiscated their goods and property by force.

Sounds legit.

Now on "we don't know how long a day is"...

Those who argue that the word "day" means "long age," point out that the Hebrew word, yom, can have a number of meanings, only one of which is "day of 24 hours." They further seek to strengthen their position with the use of Psalm 90:4 and II Peter 3:8, comparing a day to a thousand years. Both of these verses, however, are simply using figures of speech (similes) to show that God is not constrained by the same time parameters as are humans. These verses are really irrelevant to the discussion of the meaning of "day," in Genesis 1.

It is recognized, of course, that the word "day" can be used with a number of variations. It can have any of five meanings:

1) a period of light
2) a period of 24 hours
3) a general, vague time
4) a point of time
5) a year

The context determines which of these is intended by the writer. The English language also can have up to 14 definitions for the word "day." The reader should be reminded that the purpose of language is to communicate. The mythical Moses wrote in a language that was allegedly meant to communicate to his readers. Words must be defined by their relationship to one another. Word meaning must be determined from within its context. It will be shown how the context defines the word in Genesis 1.

The use of a number with the word "day" is very illuminating. This combination occurs 357 times outside of Genesis 1. The combination is used in four different ways, but each time it is used, it must mean 24-hour periods of time. If the combinations had been intended to mean long periods of time, both the texts and contexts then become meaningless. A typical verse is Genesis 30:36: "And he (Laban) set three days journey betwixt himself and Jacob." God frequently issued commands that the people were to do or not to do certain things on a given day. This use occurs 162 times. A good example is Exodus 24:16: "And the glory of the Lord abode upon Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days, and on the seventh day He called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud." These are the most typical uses of the word "day" with a number. Four times the terms are used to show a starting point. Ezra 3:6 says, "From the first day of the seventh month they began to offer burnt offerings unto the Lord." A number may also be used with "day" to convey an ending point. An example is Leviticus 19:6: "It shall be eaten the same day ye offer it, and on the morrow: and if ought remain until the third day, it shall be burnt in the fire." It would appear, then, that whenever the Old Testament uses a number with the word "day," it means a 24-hour period of time without any demonstrable exception.

If the meaning of the word "day" with a number always means a 24-hour period of time outside of Genesis 1, then it should also mean a 24-hour period of time inside Genesis 1. The words that mythical Moses used to communicate what God did during creation are very significant. If mythical Moses had meant to signify that the "days" were more than 24 hours in length, he could easily have done so. If we are to understand what mythical Moses wrote, then the language he used must be understood in its normal meaning. The normal meaning is that of 24-hour periods of time.

Just a few thoughts to consider in your quest for truth....I won't bother eviscerating the Mormon religion itself as it is child's play.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
28-07-2015, 05:48 AM
(27-07-2015 06:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 05:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm not talking about "taking away" moral agency. I'm asking why it was given in the first place.
If God Heavenly Father didn't give us our moral agency we(His children) would never become like Him/like God. If we can not be like Him we can not have what Gods have - eternal progression and fullness of joy.
Why can't we be like God if we have no moral agency? The answer is this: Gods have their moral agency. And if we do not have at least one thing that Gods have we can not be like Them.

So, being "God-like" isn't so much what God does, but the fact that God chose to be like himself? I'm not really getting how this works. It seems circular.

(27-07-2015 06:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 05:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Why do things need to be "good" in contrast to "evil"? Why can't they just be what we would consider "good" from our frame of reference without any corresponding evil? Sure, it would evaluate as "neutral" from that frame of reference, but why does that matter? Why must we evaluate our goodness in contrast to an evil?
This setup makes it seem like the goodness isn't what is important, but rather that you're doing better than something else.
If there is no contrast of good and evil or better to say if there is no opposition in all things( I talk about moral things) moral agency is useless.
Not to have moral agency means not to have an opportunity to become like Gods.
(27-07-2015 05:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yeah, but God didn't have to make us like three-year-olds.
He had to make us like three years old so we can exercise our moral agency to choose learning and growing so we can become Gods.

Why is choosing to be like God the most important thing in the universe? It sound like actually being like God is less important than the choice.

(27-07-2015 10:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 09:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Who created the rules your god is subject to ?
Hmm, those laws are eternal and there is no beginning and no end of generations of Gods. So, for now I may assume that nobody.

Is this like an infinite regress thing? There are an infinite number of gods preceding this one?
28-07-2015, 01:01 PM
(28-07-2015 04:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 10:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  Hmm, those laws are eternal and there is no beginning and no end of generations of Gods. So, for now I may assume that nobody.

So your god is not creator of all.
Interesting.
You preachy da heresy.
Me a gonna tell da Prophets.
My God Who is Yahweh never said that He is Creator of all. He said that He is Creator of earth and heaven and all that is in them. But He never said how big heaven is. So, my preachy is not heresy. The Bible proves these words of mine as true statements.
(28-07-2015 04:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  BTW, didn't Paul tell women to be silent ?
Why you so gabby ?
No, he didn't tell this. That would be stupid.
The Bible is full of errors that make no sense and things that make no sense are not true.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-07-2015, 01:18 PM
(28-07-2015 05:48 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 06:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  If God Heavenly Father didn't give us our moral agency we(His children) would never become like Him/like God. If we can not be like Him we can not have what Gods have - eternal progression and fullness of joy.
Why can't we be like God if we have no moral agency? The answer is this: Gods have their moral agency. And if we do not have at least one thing that Gods have we can not be like Them.

So, being "God-like" isn't so much what God does, but the fact that God chose to be like himself? I'm not really getting how this works. It seems circular.
It works like this. I want to be like God the Father. It means that I may have the same things He has and I will be able to know and to do all things that He does.
It was a time when God Son Yahweh(Jesus Christ) wanted to become like His God and His Father and our Father(God). Now He is like Him. It was a time when His and our Heavenly Father was as mortal as we are and He wanted to become like His God and Father.
There is eternal chain of Gods.
There is a sealing room in our Temples where you can stand between 2 walls with huge mirrors. I can see behind me and before me infinity of reflections. It represents infinity of my ancestors and infinity of my descendants. Every one of us is a link in eternal chain of Gods.

(27-07-2015 06:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  If there is no contrast of good and evil or better to say if there is no opposition in all things( I talk about moral things) moral agency is useless.
Not to have moral agency means not to have an opportunity to become like Gods.
He had to make us like three years old so we can exercise our moral agency to choose learning and growing so we can become Gods.

Why is choosing to be like God the most important thing in the universe? It sound like actually being like God is less important than the choice.
It is the most important thing in the eternal and infinite universe because it gives an opportunity to have eternal progression of Gods. Eternal progression of Gods gives FULLNESS of joy.
Only fool or mentally ill doesn't wish himself/herself FULLNESS OF JOY.

(27-07-2015 10:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  Hmm, those laws are eternal and there is no beginning and no end of generations of Gods. So, for now I may assume that nobody.

Is this like an infinite regress thing? There are an infinite number of gods preceding this one?
Yes, there is no first God and there will be no last God.
It is hard to comprehend eternity and infinity to mortal man. That is why we do not know much about. God only teaches us about this world that He created for us.

28-07-2015, 01:34 PM
(28-07-2015 05:19 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Although the phrase "true prophet" is an oxymoronic term, as they have never existed, like god, lets take a peek at yours....

1. Came from a family that was known for their slothfulness and illegal behavior. Joseph Smith was tried and convicted of a crime called "money digging" which was .......
Sounds legit.
How do you know that all this is actually true?
(28-07-2015 05:19 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Now on "we don't know how long a day is"...
5) The mythical Moses wrote in a language that was allegedly meant to communicate to his readers.
Yes, to the readers who have faith in God Yahweh and who follow God's true prophets and who want to become or are God's covenant people.
Language of prophets was not meant for unbeliever to understand. That is why it is full of strange symbols.
Jesus taught and many didn't understand His symbolism.
"Do not cast pearls before swine" means make sure that unbelievers will have no knowledge/no understanding of mysteries of heaven.

28-07-2015, 05:09 PM
(28-07-2015 01:34 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 05:19 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Although the phrase "true prophet" is an oxymoronic term, as they have never existed, like god, lets take a peek at yours....

1. Came from a family that was known for their slothfulness and illegal behavior. Joseph Smith was tried and convicted of a crime called "money digging" which was .......
Sounds legit.
How do you know that all this is actually true?
(28-07-2015 05:19 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Now on "we don't know how long a day is"...
5) The mythical Moses wrote in a language that was allegedly meant to communicate to his readers.
Yes, to the readers who have faith in God Yahweh and who follow God's true prophets and who want to become or are God's covenant people.
Language of prophets was not meant for unbeliever to understand. That is why it is full of strange symbols.
Jesus taught and many didn't understand His symbolism.
"Do not cast pearls before swine" means make sure that unbelievers will have no knowledge/no understanding of mysteries of heaven.

How do you know it is not true? Smile

How do you know what jesus said? jesus never penned a single word, and no one who EVER wrote of jesus, actually met him. So how does one determine WHAT jesus said?

There is more evidence for bigfoot than jesus, so you must believe in bigfoot too I would imagine?

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-07-2015, 05:12 PM
(28-07-2015 01:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 04:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  BTW, didn't Paul tell women to be silent ?
Why you so gabby ?
No, he didn't tell this. That would be stupid.
The Bible is full of errors that make no sense and things that make no sense are not true.

Smartest thing you have said yet..."The Bible is full of errors that make no sense and things that make no sense are not true"..now dear child, how does one determine what is true and what is not? As the entire book is full of errors, and things that make no sense are not true...so what IS true?

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post