To Robby Pants (late responce)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2015, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2015 08:14 AM by Alla.)
RE: To Robby Pants (late responce)
(29-07-2015 05:21 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Ahhhhhh it all becomes clear to me...you had a "personal experience"...well I am not a neurologist, nor a psychologist, so I can not attest to what would cause you to think you had a personal revelation from a magical being.

Exactly, that is why you have to have your own personal experience then you will know what it causes. If you don't have it you do not know.
(29-07-2015 05:21 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ...maybe if I make an analogy you can grasp this concept easier...
The Johnson family's great Aunt Bethel has been battling poor health for years, she has been on the prayer list at church, and many heartfelt prayers have been uttered on her behalf. She is a devout Christian and just knows that god loves her and will heal her. Eventually she is hospitalized, and the doctors try to no avail to reverse her downward spiral....the family gathers with dear Rev Smith and they circle her bed and pray for god to heal her....the next morning, suddenly, inexplicitly, she takes a turn for the better....Praise the lord...god is good!

No one will EVER be able to convince them that is was just chance and coincidence that led to her sudden shift towards feeling better...it just has to be god...god answered their prayers....god is good....this is proof of god, they witnessed a miracle...

no, no they didn't. Billions of prayers are uttered for people daily, heartfelt, pleading, devoutful prayers..in hospitals all over the world...and what happens happens anyway. Now, you can play the "god does answer, the answer was no"...but that is a disingenuous assertion. This is the fallacy of personal experience...when you have something emotional happen in your life, it may make those gullible enough contribute it to jesus.

A shooting occurred in a high crime neighborhood in my city couple weeks ago....bullets went through the wall of a nearby apartment, striking an 8 yo girl in the head and killing her instantly, she was sitting on the couch doing homework beside her twin sister. The family said...it was a miracle, god saved her sister.....yeah....no No

Correlating an event in your life to some magical being is understandable for those who believe in magic, but it is not proof of causation. You thinking and believing a magical being sifted through 8 billion people to affect you personally is misguided. You thinking it happened is not proof of causation.
This is not a personal experience I am talking about. You do not know what causes this things if you have no personal revelation from God by the power of the Holy Ghost.
You may believe that God caused that but you can not know.
There is only one way to know for yourself what was the cause. It is to have your own personal revelation from God by the power of the Holy Ghosts.
I am also talking about this:
how can I know what is true in the Bible and what is mistakes of men?
The answer is this:
by having your own personal revelation. When Holy Ghost personally testifies to you of something you just know it is true.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2015, 08:14 AM
(29-07-2015 08:10 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 05:21 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Ahhhhhh it all becomes clear to me...you had a "personal experience"...well I am not a neurologist, nor a psychologist, so I can not attest to what would cause you to think you had a personal revelation from a magical being.

Exactly, that is why you have to have your own personal experience then you will know what it causes. If you don't have it you do not know.
(29-07-2015 05:21 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ...maybe if I make an analogy you can grasp this concept easier...
The Johnson family's great Aunt Bethel has been battling poor health for years, she has been on the prayer list at church, and many heartfelt prayers have been uttered on her behalf. She is a devout Christian and just knows that god loves her and will heal her. Eventually she is hospitalized, and the doctors try to no avail to reverse her downward spiral....the family gathers with dear Rev Smith and they circle her bed and pray for god to heal her....the next morning, suddenly, inexplicitly, she takes a turn for the better....Praise the lord...god is good!

No one will EVER be able to convince them that is was just chance and coincidence that led to her sudden shift towards feeling better...it just has to be god...god answered their prayers....god is good....this is proof of god, they witnessed a miracle...

no, no they didn't. Billions of prayers are uttered for people daily, heartfelt, pleading, devoutful prayers..in hospitals all over the world...and what happens happens anyway. Now, you can play the "god does answer, the answer was no"...but that is a disingenuous assertion. This is the fallacy of personal experience...when you have something emotional happen in your life, it may make those gullible enough contribute it to jesus.

A shooting occurred in a high crime neighborhood in my city couple weeks ago....bullets went through the wall of a nearby apartment, striking an 8 yo girl in the head and killing her instantly, she was sitting on the couch doing homework beside her twin sister. The family said...it was a miracle, god saved her sister.....yeah....no No

Correlating an event in your life to some magical being is understandable for those who believe in magic, but it is not proof of causation. You thinking and believing a magical being sifted through 8 billion people to affect you personally is misguided. You thinking it happened is not proof of causation.
This is not a personal experience I am talking about. You can not know if those things are just coincidences or God's help if you do not have personal revelation by the power of the Holy Ghost.
You may believe this or not believe this but you do not know.
There is only one way to know for yourself. It is to have your own personal revelation from God by the power of the Holy Ghosts.
I am also talking about this: how can I know what is true in the Bible and what is mistakes of men? The answer is by having personal revelation. When Holy Ghost personally testifies to you of something you just know that His testimony to you personally is true.

So did the "Holy Spirit" tell you that Joseph Smith was correct about ancient Jewish civilization existing in North America including the Garden of Eden in Missouri?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
29-07-2015, 03:25 PM
(29-07-2015 08:14 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So did the "Holy Spirit" tell you that Joseph Smith was correct about ancient Jewish civilization existing in North America including the Garden of Eden in Missouri?
You do not need an answer to this question.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
29-07-2015, 03:28 PM
(29-07-2015 03:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 08:14 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So did the "Holy Spirit" tell you that Joseph Smith was correct about ancient Jewish civilization existing in North America including the Garden of Eden in Missouri?
You do not need an answer to this question.

Absolutely epic evasion, I expected no less.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
29-07-2015, 03:39 PM
(28-07-2015 11:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 08:28 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @Alla

Don't take this as a personal insult, but I think your God say whatever you want him to say. He seems to be a sock puppet for your moral, scientific, spiritual and social beliefs.
No, I don't want anything. I am not that smart to make all this up. I only share with RobbyPants The Doctrine that is taught by true Prophets of true Gods.
This Doctrine is restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

If you are not smart enough to write fictional work, create a cosmology and a story frame to explain some aspects of our world through character, others are. Joseph Smith, Lafayette Ron Hubart and several others are amongst those persons who created a religion out of nothing for their own profit. To this day, thousand of people still believe their lies. It's one of the effect of the Poe law. The most horrible thing, is that by simply reading their books, its impossible to determine if they are more crazy then those of other major religions like Islam or Hinduism. That's why investigating their claim is so important. It allows us to determine if they are believable or simply an act of delusion.
29-07-2015, 04:03 PM
(29-07-2015 03:28 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 03:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  You do not need an answer to this question.
Absolutely epic evasion, I expected no less.
I do not expect from true atheist to have need in this kind of knowledge.
Are you true atheist? I expect more

29-07-2015, 04:06 PM
(29-07-2015 03:39 PM)epronovost Wrote:  That's why investigating their claim is so important. It allows us to determine if they are believable or simply an act of delusion.
Sure, investigate. This is the right thing to do.

29-07-2015, 04:17 PM
(29-07-2015 04:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 03:39 PM)epronovost Wrote:  That's why investigating their claim is so important. It allows us to determine if they are believable or simply an act of delusion.
Sure, investigate. This is the right thing to do.

The results of my investigation so far are that all religions from Christianity, Hinduism to deism are false; based on ignorance, tradition, hope, fear, delusion and sometime deception.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
30-07-2015, 08:14 AM
(29-07-2015 04:17 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 04:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  Sure, investigate. This is the right thing to do.

The results of my investigation so far are that all religions from Christianity, Hinduism to deism are false; based on ignorance, tradition, hope, fear, delusion and sometime deception.
At least you did the right thing. You investigated. Good for you.Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
30-07-2015, 06:02 PM
(28-07-2015 01:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 04:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So your god is not creator of all.
Interesting.
You preachy da heresy.
Me a gonna tell da Prophets.
My God Who is Yahweh never said that He is Creator of all. He said that He is Creator of earth and heaven and all that is in them. But He never said how big heaven is. So, my preachy is not heresy. The Bible proves these words of mine as true statements.

The Bible is not evidence, it is a bunch of claims so it proves nothing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user