To Robby Pants (late responce)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: To Robby Pants (late responce)
(31-07-2015 03:33 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  It is certainly true that a child confronted with Algebra at an inappropriately young age will be hopelessly confused. However, when was the last time such a child was told their faith in the validity of Algebra is absolutely necessary for their immediate welfare?
Very good point, Dark Phoenix. Very good point. Congratulation on making good points.
Now I have a question: where and when did God ask His children to believe something they can not comprehend?
When did God say: to have faith in eternity and infinity (things you can not comprehend) is absolutely necessary for your immediate welfare? What Scripture does teach this, ex-brother?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2015, 03:31 PM
(31-07-2015 05:47 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 07:53 AM)Alla Wrote:  I am not arguing this. I am saying that without having joy from making right choice you can't have fullness of joy. Because you won't know what it means to have joy from making right choice. If one piece of puzzle is missing it is not complete.
So I would say that it is important to have a choice so you may have fullness of joy.
It's hard for a 3 year old to comprehend algebra because it doesn't make any sense to him/her.
So, I am with you here.
But these both assume it has to be the case. Either God isn't powerful enough to make it any other way or God chooses it to be this way.
God choses this way because it is the only right way to do. God choses what is right.
To make us like Him from the start is wrong(evil) thing to do.

I already told you that you can not have joy from choosing what is right if you never chose the right. If you do not experience this joy you do not have fullness of joy - the thing that Gods have.
You can not choose the right if you do not have an opportunity to choose the wrong. You can not choose between right and wrong if you do not have moral agency.
Do you understand what I am saying?
If you do not understand, it is OK. I will not judge you for this. And it doesn't make you stupid. I still believe you are very intelligent and very educated person.
Honestly.

31-07-2015, 03:58 PM
(31-07-2015 03:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 12:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Not much of a god to worship if he didn't make everything.
God that creates absolutely everything is god that never existed, doesn't exist and will never exist.
(31-07-2015 12:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A second rate god at best.
God that creates heavens and earth and all that is in them is good enough for me to worship. BowingThumbsup

You say he didn't create everything. Is there a list somewhere, like a menu of which things god created and which things god didn't have the time nor inclination to create? The lazy bastard.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
31-07-2015, 04:03 PM
I find it amusing this child thinks she knows what this mythical god has done, and what its intentions are....Laughat

But then again, since mormonism is about one peg up on the delusional scale from scientology, it doesn't surprise me.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
31-07-2015, 04:20 PM
(31-07-2015 04:03 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I find it amusing this child thinks she knows what this mythical god has done, and what its intentions are....Laughat

But then again, since mormonism is about one peg up on the delusional scale from scientology, it doesn't surprise me.
I do not know what God Yahweh has done or what His intentions are unless He reveals this information.
I do not know what scientology teaches but every teaching has some parts of truth.

31-07-2015, 04:28 PM
(31-07-2015 04:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 04:03 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I find it amusing this child thinks she knows what this mythical god has done, and what its intentions are....Laughat

I do not know what God Yahweh has done or what His intentions are unless He reveals this information.
I do not know what scientology teaches but every teaching has some parts of truth.

Even fictionology or anything I profess to have divine knowledge of and teach with no need of confirmation from anyone?

http://www.theonion.com/article/scientol...ology-1327

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-07-2015, 04:28 PM
(31-07-2015 04:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  

Yes, and let me guess, you assert he revealed his message to you ....excuse me while I shake my head in pity, and giggle at your enormous delusion.

Truly? "every teaching has some parts of truth"?

Allow me to help you...lets look at scientology:

The official Scientology organization is composed of a number of “levels”. One begins as a “preclear” & works their way up. One must purchase virtually every service crucial to advancement directly from the "church" & at staggering prices. "Auditing", for example, is purchased in 12½ hour blocks, costing anywhere from $200-$750 for introductory sessions to between $8,000 & $9,000 for advanced sessions. Basically, Scientology claims to possess exclusive knowledge of the path to religious redemption & then charges obscene amounts of money for every tiny incremental step towards this end. $380,000 is a conservative estimate for the total cost of moving all the way up the Scientology hierarchal ladder.

At level OT III (Operating Thetan Level 3), some very strange & fiercely guarded secrets are imparted upon worthy members who have paid enough money to advance to such a level (and no, this isn't a joke): The evil alien ruler Xenu killed millions of aliens (Thetans) from around the universe by kidnapping them, bringing them to earth in golden DC-8 “space-planes”, stacking them around volcanoes & blowing them up by dropping “h-bombs” into the volcanoes. Scientologists believe the souls of these aliens (these souls are "Body Thetans") were captured, brainwashed & released; they then attached themselves to our ancestors (and according to Scientology’s belief in Thetan immortality, they also attached to us during “past lives”) & cause many of our mental & physical ills to this day. Auditing is said to “clear” us of these Body Thetans as well as the “mental implants” they supposedly impose on our minds.

Oh dear lawd, that is some crazy shit. Gasp

How about breatharianism?

Inedia (Latin for "fasting") or breatharianism /brɛθˈɛəriənɪzəm/ is the belief that it is possible for a person to live without consuming food. Breatharians claim that food, and in some cases water, are not necessary for survival, and that humans can be sustained solely by prana, the vital life force in Hinduism. According to Ayurveda, sunlight is one of the main sources of prana, and some practitioners believe that it is possible for a person to survive on sunlight alone. The terms breatharianism or inedia may also refer to this philosophy when it is practiced as a lifestyle in place of the usual diet.

Breatharianism is considered a lethal pseudoscience by scientists and medical professionals, and several adherents of these practices have died from starvation and dehydration.

http://www.breatharian.com/wileybrooks.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

Knowledge is power...seek some.

[Image: mww4cm.jpg]

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
31-07-2015, 04:36 PM
(31-07-2015 04:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Truly? "every teaching has some parts of truth"?
Yes, every teaching.
In order to deceive someone you have to gain some trust. In order to gain some trust you have to teach something that is true.

31-07-2015, 04:42 PM
(31-07-2015 04:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 04:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Truly? "every teaching has some parts of truth"?
Yes, every teaching.
In order to deceive someone you have to gain some trust. In order to gain some trust you have to teach something that is true.

If only that were true.....people have a tendency to get pulled into the woo spoken by charismatic spiritual/religious/cultish leaders....no true teachings required.

Heaven's gate cult
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s...ous_group)

Scientology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

Jim Jones's People's Temple
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
31-07-2015, 04:42 PM
(31-07-2015 04:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Yes, every teaching.

Apparently you are unable to realize that you've completely lost the intellectual capacity to determine what is true or false.

This is what happens when you divorce yourself from reality, you just make unfounded assertions while no one believes anything you say.

Fortunately, they do have places for people with this affliction:

[Image: insane-asylum-brentwood.jpg]

Seriously, you need help.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post