Poll: Do you tip when picking up take out food?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
To Tip or Not to Tip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: To Tip or Not to Tip
(04-11-2016 04:26 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 04:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why the fuck should I pay for good customer service?
I should just get good customer service. It's called doing your fucking job.

And this "waiters/waitresses are paid poorly" is a very poor excuse. All the more reason NOT to tip because you encourage that behaviour.
Maybe if waiters/waitresses never got tipped they might start demanding better wages/unionising.

See your point, Muffs, but perhaps you get "bare service".

We get smiles, hellos, a waiter/ress who comes within moments of my catching their eye, preference over the obnoxious noisy bastard three tables away, bigger bits of brownie. . .

Worth a couple of quid or so...

Nope, every time I've gone to a restaurant I've had fantastic service.
The best customer service I get is at banks and at restaurants.

It's a common misconception that because we don't tip here we have bad customer service. That's totally wrong.

I don't know about you but when I'm at work working I'm not thinking about the pay. I hate my job I wanna leave and I get paid a lot for what I do. I should really be on 2 dollars an hour less than what I am.
I don't give good customer service because I'm paid to do so, I give good customer service because I know how bad it is to get bad customer service and because bad customer service reflects poorly on me and the company I work for and finally because I'm a decent human being.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 03:17 AM
How is this even still a thing? Seriously who's ever satisfied with just the tip?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
09-11-2016, 04:20 AM
In NZ we don't tip. It's up to the business and management to train their staff and monitor and manage them. Don't need that kind of tension between waiters/waitresses and the customers.