To all fans of TAE / dillahunty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2016, 05:39 AM
To all fans of TAE / dillahunty
Looks like a new debate is out between Dillahunty and Giunta.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
14-08-2016, 06:10 AM
RE: To all fans of TAE / dillahunty
(14-08-2016 05:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Looks like a new debate is out between Dillahunty and Giunta.

Also post-debate interviews by David Smalley
http://www.spreaker.com/user/smalleyandh...the-debate

I couldn't get through the Giunta interview because he patterns himself after William Lane Craig and is every bit as much a dishonest little weasel.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
14-08-2016, 06:12 AM
(14-08-2016 06:10 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 05:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Looks like a new debate is out between Dillahunty and Giunta.

Also post-debate interviews by David Smalley

I couldn't get through the Giunta interview because he patterns himself after William Lane Craig and is every bit as much a dishonest little weasel.

So he's a little like Craig but less molester looking?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
14-08-2016, 06:14 AM
(14-08-2016 06:12 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 06:10 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Also post-debate interviews by David Smalley

So he's a little like Craig but less molester looking?

Pretty much. he actually seems like a pretty likable guy when not making up excuses for his belief unlike Craig who just comes across as a total slimeball no matter what the subject is.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
14-08-2016, 06:18 AM
The best part was when AronRa stepped up at the mic after the debate.
It ended up looking like a WWF/WWE tag team.

Oh and that smug old man, who made dillahunty angry: One does not make Dillahunty angry! Facepalm

[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
14-08-2016, 01:10 PM
I fell asleep through most of it but I did hear Giunta say some shit about people sincerely believing what they saw and no historians at Yale, Harvard, etc ever taught it this way, so if we don't believe that they all were lying, then we are left with the idea that they did see something and historians never thought or taught x,y& z.

Then he talks about how jesus mostly certainly died from crucifixion and there was no way he could have escaped from the tomb.

He talks about these things as if they all truly happened. He presupposes that his god exists. He presupposes that jesus exists and presupposes that all of these stories are absolutely true.

He has no grounds for believing any of it.
He could have been talking about Luke Skywalker & Darth Vader with the same zeal of truthfulness.

"The people of New York have been writing stories about Spiderman for several years. Are we to really believe that they all were lying ? What kind of society would that have been if everyone lied about such a household name. You won't find any historians teaching that Spiderman wasn't a real historical figure."

Basically everything he said was null & void.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
14-08-2016, 01:30 PM
(14-08-2016 01:10 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I fell asleep through most of it but I did hear Giunta say some shit about people sincerely believing what they saw and no historians at Yale, Harvard, etc ever taught it this way, so if we don't believe that they all were lying, then we are left with the idea that they did see something and historians never thought or taught x,y& z.

Then he talks about how jesus mostly certainly died from crucifixion and there was no way he could have escaped from the tomb.

He talks about these things as if they all truly happened. He presupposes that his god exists. He presupposes that jesus exists and presupposes that all of these stories are absolutely true.

He has no grounds for believing any of it.
He could have been talking about Luke Skywalker & Darth Vader with the same zeal of truthfulness.

"The people of New York have been writing stories about Spiderman for several years. Are we to really believe that they all were lying ? What kind of society would that have been if everyone lied about such a household name. You won't find any historians teaching that Spiderman wasn't a real historical figure."

Basically everything he said was null & void.

I didn't watch the video.
What drives me nuts about these presups is they almost always go first in the debate. Then they raise so many points that a rebuttal covering everything is nearly impossible.
As was already said here, they don't make any valid points and many times try to switch the burden of proof to the non-believer.
I can't watch videos of people like Craig, Sye, and the like. They are so evasive and full of shit it isn't worth the frustration.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
15-08-2016, 07:45 AM
I just don't get why anyone would debate this topic. There is zero physical evidence and only a book which has contradicting accounts. In my view, the time would be better spent actually addressing existence of Jesus or something else. This is just masturbation without conclusion. What's the point?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
15-08-2016, 09:22 AM
AronRa in his first formal debate. Topic: "Is god the source of all that is good?"
Yes, as you may have expected, his adversary is (has to!) extremely dishonest and tries to "win" the debate by (re)defining words. Facepalm

15-08-2016, 09:29 AM
(15-08-2016 09:22 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  AronRa in his first formal debate. Topic: "Is god the source of all that is good?"
Yes, as you may have expected, his adversary is (has to!) extremely dishonest and tries to "win" the debate by (re)defining words. Facepalm

I was very disappointed by Aron's performance.
The topic is poor since it presupposes that a god exists but, even ignoring that, Aron didn't address the question. He argued that god is the source of some things that are bad but that's a separate issue from the main topic.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post