To be a woman: Sometimes I think it must suck!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: To be a woman: Sometimes I think it must suck!
(21-11-2013 02:07 PM)kim Wrote:  I think I observe more women changing to meet someone's preferences. I think this idea of "change to meet someone's preferences" is very much a double standard. I often see it to be more of an expectation of women than of men.

I have also observed more men than women, being more comfortable with who they are and how they look - they seem to "know" (or have just decided) there are women who like the kind of guy they are. When women are similarly comfortable, I wonder if the "acceptance" of this behavior is the same.
Probably women do change to meet preferences more than men, but I just don't think it's as bad as some people think it is.

I will be the first to admit that I am also superficial sometimes. I gladly do the shaving and plucking a and whatnot, because I also have similar expectations. I cannot deal with facial hair or excessive chest hair. I think it's icky lol. I know that's superficial, but it is still how I really feel about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
22-11-2013, 11:09 PM
(22-11-2013 10:54 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned, the suckiest thing about being a woman is rinsing out a diva cup in a public bathroom. That, and menstruating in the first place.

I'm completely lost, and I'm a woman... Diva cup?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
22-11-2013, 11:11 PM
(22-11-2013 11:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm completely lost, and I'm a woman... Diva cup?

Google 'menstrual cup' and you're set. Or just diva cup.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
22-11-2013, 11:12 PM
(22-11-2013 11:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 10:54 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned, the suckiest thing about being a woman is rinsing out a diva cup in a public bathroom. That, and menstruating in the first place.

I'm completely lost, and I'm a woman... Diva cup?

I'm with you, what is a diva cup?
22-11-2013, 11:13 PM
A diva cup is a brand of menstrual cup. Silly geese. Tongue

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
22-11-2013, 11:16 PM
(22-11-2013 11:11 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 11:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm completely lost, and I'm a woman... Diva cup?

Google 'menstrual cup' and you're set. Or just diva cup.

Well, luckily there are so many other options that if you found that hard you wouldn't have to do it. I don't think I like the idea.
22-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Wow, learn something new every day, seems like too much trouble lol I don't think I'll be posting this in the "what did you learn today" thread though Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
22-11-2013, 11:18 PM
(22-11-2013 11:13 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  A diva cup is a brand of menstrual cup. Silly geese. Tongue

This is the first time I have ever heard of a menstrual cup. Lol
22-11-2013, 11:20 PM
It's the most awesome thing ever! Just not when you need to empty it in a public place.

22-11-2013, 11:22 PM
(22-11-2013 11:20 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  It's the most awesome thing ever! Just not when you need to empty it in a public place.

Hmm...label me a skeptic. Lol