To be fair, he's black and the person doing the shooting is a cop. So it's ok.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: To be fair, he's black and the person doing the shooting is a cop. So it's ok.
(21-07-2016 09:51 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Seriously, wtf is wrong with Murican cops? Seem that at times there is nothing you can do to avoid getting shot by them.
Like, if they go out on a call, they are not allowed to get back to the station without shooting someone.

It's not their fault, they have quotas to meet.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2016, 11:36 AM
RE: To be fair, he's black and the person doing the shooting is a cop. So it's ok.
(21-07-2016 11:13 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 09:00 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I took that to mean that maybe she wasn't the one recording the video, so maybe she didn't witness the events unfold from the beginning. It's possible she just didn't feel she had enough information to jump to any conclusions. That's what we want from people, isn't it? We want their knee-jerk reaction to be to reserve judgement until they have all the facts.

Possibly. I don't know who is recording. I suspect they can all see what's going on. In the same conversation some dude with a hispanic accent says the thing with the blacks though.... And her comment follows that. I take that as the context. That there is something imminently threatening and dangerous about him even in that submissive position. She is conflicted because she can see that he is no threat when he is shot, but she considered him to be threatening.

To me the facts in the video are enough to tell me the officer is at fault. Even without the beginning. Guy is lying down, both hands up. Even if I don't hear what he says to the cops. I don't see anything to suggest he is a danger in that clip. Except possibly in the context of an inherently threatening person.

I could be wrong. Because the actual shooting is missing. Maybe the therapist makes what are interpreted as threatening moves towards his patient. Facepalm

I would not be surprised to learn that the officer is at fault here, but I'm basing that on what I see from the edited video.

The woman may or may not have seen or heard the entire thing. Even if she witnessed the entire ordeal, she may have had too much adrenaline pumping through her system to view this impartially. I think it's a good thing that she's not jumping to conclusions.

I think her reaction is refreshing, not sobering.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
21-07-2016, 11:48 AM
(21-07-2016 11:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 09:51 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Seriously, wtf is wrong with Murican cops? Seem that at times there is nothing you can do to avoid getting shot by them.
Like, if they go out on a call, they are not allowed to get back to the station without shooting someone.

It's not their fault, they have quotas to meet.

Yeah, I thought that might be it.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
21-07-2016, 11:51 AM
(21-07-2016 04:54 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Apparently the only requirement for wielding a badge of authority is a pulse and a body temperature roughly in the 90s.

The average IQ score for applicants accepted by US police departments is 104. That is several points above the US average of 98. 104 is about average for a citizen of Taiwan. Having said that many US police department won't hire someone with an IQ above 114. Apparently having really intelligent cops is a bad thing.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
21-07-2016, 08:23 PM
(21-07-2016 11:51 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 04:54 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Apparently the only requirement for wielding a badge of authority is a pulse and a body temperature roughly in the 90s.

The average IQ score for applicants accepted by US police departments is 104. That is several points above the US average of 98. 104 is about average for a citizen of Taiwan. Having said that many US police department won't hire someone with an IQ above 114. Apparently having really intelligent cops is a bad thing.

I wish you were making that up. I knew of the case in 2000, but apparently it's still standard. Dodgy

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/court-p...ire-smart/

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
21-07-2016, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2016 08:44 PM by yakherder.)
(21-07-2016 08:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 11:51 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  The average IQ score for applicants accepted by US police departments is 104. That is several points above the US average of 98. 104 is about average for a citizen of Taiwan. Having said that many US police department won't hire someone with an IQ above 114. Apparently having really intelligent cops is a bad thing.

I wish you were making that up. I knew of the case in 2000, but apparently it's still standard. Dodgy

The article lost me at "Michael Moore." Anything I hear that fruitcake say I automatically assume to be bullshit Tongue

There is no IQ test that is part of becoming a police officer, and people who get perfect scores on the tests they do give are often hired. The exception is if they have reason to believe they might have been cheating.

'Murican Canadian
21-07-2016, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2016 09:30 PM by Anjele.)
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bullet-...li=BBnb7Kz

Oops...cop meant to shoot the autistic man in an effort to protect the man who was actually shot.

Good call by a 'decorated' officer. Facepalm

On Monday, a North Miami police officer shot Kinsey, 47, after, police said, the officer mistakenly believed that Kinsey was going to be killed by the 23-year-old autistic man playing with a toy truck who was sitting on the ground next to him. Rivera said the officer feared the autistic man had a weapon.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-07-2016, 09:28 PM
(21-07-2016 08:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 11:51 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  The average IQ score for applicants accepted by US police departments is 104. That is several points above the US average of 98. 104 is about average for a citizen of Taiwan. Having said that many US police department won't hire someone with an IQ above 114. Apparently having really intelligent cops is a bad thing.

Yeah, I'd like to think that a smart detective would be a welcome addition to a PD. Like, one who can see past the bullshit, and not forward things to an overzealous prosecutor? Yes, I am aware of what happened to you. Dodgy There were multiple failures in the legal system, there. At least you weren't executed. Plenty of that has gone around. Nice to be exonerated, posthumously. Sadcryface
21-07-2016, 09:31 PM
(21-07-2016 09:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bullet-...li=BBnb7Kz

Oops...cop meant to shoot the autistic man in and effort to protect the man who was actually shot.

Good call by a 'decorated' officer. Facepalm

On Monday, a North Miami police officer shot Kinsey, 47, after, police said, the officer mistakenly believed that Kinsey was going to be killed by the 23-year-old autistic man playing with a toy truck who was sitting on the ground next to him. Rivera said the officer feared the autistic man had a weapon.

"Ima run this toy truck up one side of your head and down the other until you bleed to death!" FFS, here is yet another PO who should be serving "fries with that".
21-07-2016, 09:31 PM
I think jobs with power draw people in who get off on having power. I suspect people who are drunk on power do shitty things.

If only there was a way to screen for that.
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post