To get to Hell from Texas, Head North

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 01:02 PM
I just love waking up to this crap.

Heat Advisory in effect today from 1:00PM to 8:00PM with Heat Indices: Ranging from 108-112 degrees.

[Image: 255m0k3.jpg]

We're not even at the peak of summer yet. This is why I lived in Alaska for 8 years.
It wouldn't be so bad- we used to have actual temps of 115 or so but low humidity. Now we have temps of 105 but humidity at 88%. What the hell?

Global...wetting?

See the county right above what looks like the word "Kames"? (It's actually Karnes) it has a little pointy jag in it's top left corner. Deep in the red, framed by Karnes, 281, 37, and 90. That's the hell that is my home, this time of year. Too bad we can't export heat to those who need it- antarctica, for instance.

8 months of the year are freaking awesome, luckily. This blows.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2016, 01:05 PM
RE: To get to Hell from Texas, Head North
(11-08-2016 01:02 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I just love waking up to this crap.

Heat Advisory in effect today from 1:00PM to 8:00PM with Heat Indices: Ranging from 108-112 degrees.

We're not even at the peak of summer yet. This is why I lived in Alaska for 8 years.
It wouldn't be so bad- we used to have actual temps of 115 or so but low humidity. Now we have temps of 105 but humidity at 88%. What the hell?

Global...wetting?

See the county right above what looks like the word "Kames"? (It's actually Karnes) it has a little pointy jag in it's top left corner. Deep in the red, framed by Karnes, 281, 37, and 90. That's the hell that is my home, this time of year. Too bad we can't export heat to those who need it- antarctica, for instance.

We are currently being baked to death in the DFW area. But, temps are to cool in a couple days for several days...with lots of rain in the forecast. We need the rain...no matter how much we water the yard and foundation the house is still shifting. *sigh*

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
11-08-2016, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 01:48 PM by The Dark One.)
Quote:We are currently being baked to death in the DFW area. But, temps are to cool in a couple days for several days...with lots of rain in the forecast. We need the rain...no matter how much we water the yard and foundation the house is still shifting. *sigh*

Yes, Dallas area gets hit a lot with rain and ice and tornadoes...somehow 90% of that stuff swerves north of us and hits you guys. We had a really wet winter and spring, following a 6 year drought...entire towns washed away. We're already back in drought conditions. Ugh!
11-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Oh shit, another fellow Texan! Hobo Tongue

Walked from the apartment to my car the other morning and broke into a sweat. 83 fucking degrees at 7:45 in the morning - madness. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
11-08-2016, 05:26 PM
[Image: 3bf02406849913990d21b9b1557a4f6d.jpg]

Couldn't resist. Tongue

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
11-08-2016, 05:30 PM
(11-08-2016 01:02 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I just love waking up to this crap.

Global...wetting?

Just more closer to the ocean. Here in the Dominican Republic or on any island the temp never gets into 3 digits, some law or something.
11-08-2016, 05:37 PM
We just need a big fan up north to blow some cold air your way.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
11-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Pussies.

Signed. Australia. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
11-08-2016, 06:07 PM
(11-08-2016 06:01 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Pussies.

Signed. Australia. Wink

All right you - I'll send you some Wylie, TX sized hail. Censored

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Suddenly my heat index of the mid-90s seems far more tolerable compared to what y'all are dealing with.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post