To get to Hell from Texas, Head North

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2016, 09:55 AM
RE: To get to Hell from Texas, Head North
Quote:Damn - gotta be the road to hell...did you see all that construction????? Blink

Well, I've heard rumors Hell is expanding...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2016, 10:11 AM
View My Video
12-08-2016, 04:29 PM
And then the rain came! In about the last 20 minutes the temp has dropped over 20 degrees and we have had well over an inch of rain.

Guess this will be a good test for all the house repairs. *sigh*

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
12-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Of course Hell is north of Texas. It's in Michigan and a not so toasty temperature if 75F as of 10 minutes ago... Angel

Got in my car after it had been sitting in my sunny driveway this afternoon and the thermostat read 114!!! (but after I'd driven for a bit it settled down to 97).
12-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Don't stop in DC.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-08-2016, 01:21 AM
NW Travis county here, we've been sitting around a hundred for a few weeks now, indices from 104 to 110. High humidity.

Still not as bad as Aug 2012 -- 21 days straight in triple digits, heat index well above that.

Reminds me, I need to recharge the AC in my truck, it's a goddamned greenhouse in there.
13-08-2016, 02:12 AM
Quote:Reminds me, I need to recharge the AC in my truck, it's a goddamned greenhouse in there.

I just had to replace the compressor, dryer, condenser, evaporator and expansion valve on my daughter's car last week, the compressor ate itself and threw chunks all throughout the system. Replaced everything and power flushed the lines, then set my big vacuum pump on it...took 20 minutes to draw down, but it was still pulling moisture an hour later. Humidity sucks. Finally got it dry inside and charged it, damned thing blows ice, 34 degrees at the center vent. Aaahhhhh....I sat in it to test it out and dozed off, woke up an hour and a half later and had to go put gas in it for her, lol. A dad's work is never done...Smile
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
13-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Good to see another mechanical type in here. I'm currently putting disc brakes on my '70 Chevy truck. It came with drums all around. I have to find the leak and then recharge the system, too. I have a vacuum pump from an AC service cart that I bought decades ago, and a 30# tank of R-12 that's about half there. I'm retired, but do most of my own repairs/upgrades. I like what you do with cars and trucks and bikes; I've looked at those threads but don't recall if I commented or not, atm.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
14-08-2016, 08:46 AM
(13-08-2016 01:21 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  NW Travis county here, we've been sitting around a hundred for a few weeks now, indices from 104 to 110. High humidity.

Still not as bad as Aug 2012 -- 21 days straight in triple digits, heat index well above that.

Reminds me, I need to recharge the AC in my truck, it's a goddamned greenhouse in there.

Hi, Thump.....on Lake Travis near Briarcliff.

You play at any of the local spots?
[+] 1 user Likes JakSiemasz's post
14-08-2016, 11:40 AM
(13-08-2016 03:48 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Good to see another mechanical type in here. I'm currently putting disc brakes on my '70 Chevy truck. It came with drums all around. I have to find the leak and then recharge the system, too. I have a vacuum pump from an AC service cart that I bought decades ago, and a 30# tank of R-12 that's about half there. I'm retired, but do most of my own repairs/upgrades. I like what you do with cars and trucks and bikes; I've looked at those threads but don't recall if I commented or not, atm.

Thanks! Although I'm not sure opening a shop was the best idea, to be honest. Building hotrods has always been one of my hobbies, and it was relaxing and rewarding...I usually finished a project, drove it for a year or two until somebody really wanted it, then sold it and started over. I didn't need the money after I retired, I just somehow thought it would be fun. It is, pretty much, but...never turn your hobby into your job. I have 3 projects of my own that should have been done several years ago...but after building customer cars all week, the last thing I want to do on Saturday is go out and build MY car, lol.

R-12 has gotten to be such a burden...we gut factory air and put a Vintage Air kit in everything, they're awesome, look great, blow ice, and use R-134a. It help that the company is 25 minutes away, too, lol.