To go from atheist to theist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: To go from atheist to theist
If this bothers you to maybe start thinking that the god of the bible is real then remember that muslims also have many stories where atheists convert to islam
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes 4Syntraph's post
06-04-2015, 09:55 PM
I actually just remembered an incident that involved my ex's older brother. He was like, a full blown atheist - to the point that he aggressively made fun of religion and ridiculed anyone who seriously believed it.

One of my friends, who happened to be Christian, dated him and they broke up after about almost six months to a year into their relationship. She was never bothered by his disbelief. She's always been very casual about others' beliefs but always kept to her own.

Anyway, they stayed broken up for about 2-3 years then one day out of the blue he had a sudden "awakening." I want to say it had something to do looking up conspiracies or the like. I know he was promoting the Zeitgeist on Facebook like crazy too.

Then he soon started to aggressively post all this religious stuff and saying "the day" was coming and we all need to be ready for it. A lot of people thought he was playing a joke and making fun of religion again. But then soon people saw he was being serious and started leaving comments saying they couldn't be his friend anymore if he was being absolutely serious.

He ended up going through such a culture shock or whatever, that he had to be admitted into the hospital. He's been less aggressive since then but now he considers himself Christian and sometime soon after, him and my friend got back together.

I think it really says something when the rest of his family, who happen to be religious didn't feel comfortable with this sudden change in him and they went to the extent to blame it on my friend - but as far as I know, she wasn't really involved with him while he was going through whatever the fuck happened to him.

Like, I'm absolutely dumbfounded how someone like him could go in reverse like that...Blink

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
06-04-2015, 10:34 PM
I know my own struggles with faith stem from fear, if I'm honest. Atheism makes sense to me, it's a logical conclusion after one actually takes the time to examine the inane beliefs of Christianity, etc. But, that doesn't mean it solves some of the emotional needs we have as humans, and perhaps atheists who become theists, they too fear 'something' and then reach out for the unknown, and label it God. I will never return to theism...but, I can understand what drives people to it.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post