To theists only: is it reasonable for a theist to sin?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2017, 01:51 AM
RE: To theists only: is it reasonable for a theist to sin?
The responses to me have been hilarious! Really! I believe you all look in the mirror and believe you are talking to me!

Apparently, I AM the only one who can see color in rhetorical discussions. You black-and-white fellahs insisting that words can only be used within a constricted framework either are incapable of thinking outside your tiny boxes or are afraid someone will crack your precious rice bowls.

Respect is NOT earned by denigrating another person. One or two have earned some respect; you others have earned my disrespect through your behavior and tone that I have come to expect from Christians, believe it or not.

But the biggest laugh of all is that you all think I am a theist! Ha-ha-ha! Slap my fanny and pass the jug! That's a good 'un!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2017, 02:11 AM
(10-01-2017 01:51 AM)Wallisddj Wrote:  The responses to me have been hilarious! Really! I believe you all look in the mirror and believe you are talking to me!

You believe many weird things so one more isn't surprising.

Quote: Apparently, I AM the only one who can see color in rhetorical discussions. You black-and-white fellahs insisting that words can only be used within a constricted framework either are incapable of thinking outside your tiny boxes or are afraid someone will crack your precious rice bowls.

You're the only one... Another special snowflake.

Quote: Respect is NOT earned by denigrating another person. One or two have earned some respect; you others have earned my disrespect through your behavior and tone that I have come to expect from Christians, believe it or not.

I don't care about your respect. You're just another fool incapable of backing his drivel. At least your excuse (volume of research) is somewhat original, I give you that.

Quote: But the biggest laugh of all is that you all think I am a theist! Ha-ha-ha! Slap my fanny and pass the jug! That's a good 'un!

You're so stupid that I would be really surprised if you wouldn't be one. You aren't much different from standard theist troll whose "arguments" hinges on wordplay.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
10-01-2017, 02:21 AM
(10-01-2017 02:11 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 01:51 AM)Wallisddj Wrote:  The responses to me have been hilarious! Really! I believe you all look in the mirror and believe you are talking to me!

You believe many weird things so one more isn't surprising.

Quote: Apparently, I AM the only one who can see color in rhetorical discussions. You black-and-white fellahs insisting that words can only be used within a constricted framework either are incapable of thinking outside your tiny boxes or are afraid someone will crack your precious rice bowls.

Quote: Respect is NOT earned by denigrating another person. One or two have earned some respect; you others have earned my disrespect through your behavior and tone that I have come to expect from Christians, believe it or not.

I don't care about your respect. You're just another fool incapable of backing his drivel. At least your excuse (volume of research) is somewhat original, I give you that.

Quote: But the biggest laugh of all is that you all think I am a theist! Ha-ha-ha! Slap my fanny and pass the jug! That's a good 'un!

You're so stupid that I would be really surprised if you wouldn't be one. You aren't much different from standard theist troll whose "arguments" hinges on wordplay.

Yes, yes. Well, you certainly earned my respect today, didn't you? Ever thought of looking into anger management?
10-01-2017, 02:26 AM
(10-01-2017 02:21 AM)Wallisddj Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 02:11 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You believe many weird things so one more isn't surprising.

Yes, yes. Well, you certainly earned my respect today, didn't you? Ever thought of looking into anger management?

Why should I care about troll respect? Also anger? Your armchair psychology is just as lacking as your debating skills.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
10-01-2017, 02:31 AM
Wallisddj, you got any reply to some of the people who did take time to answer you in detail (e.g. mordant, Chas, unfogged)? You seem to easily pass from long-winded bullshit to laughing at people but I haven't seen any answers to people's rebuttals.

We get 2 or 3 people per week who're convinced they're special snowflakes, another one isn't gonna be of interest unless you can actually back up your stuff. You said something about being retired in the Philippines and being a theologian in another thread if I recall correctly? And yet you're not a theist?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-01-2017, 02:36 AM
(10-01-2017 02:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Wallisddj, you got any reply to some of the people who did take time to answer you in detail (e.g. mordant, Chas, unfogged)? You seem to easily pass from long-winded bullshit to laughing at people but I haven't seen any answers to people's rebuttals.

We get 2 or 3 people per week who're convinced they're special snowflakes, another one isn't gonna be of interest unless you can actually back up your stuff. You said something about being retired in the Philippines and being a theologian in another thread if I recall correctly? And yet you're not a theist?

Writing some shit about how funny we are is easy. Sensible answer on the other hand are not. So if you expect rebuttal that isn't wordplay then you will be disappointed.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
10-01-2017, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 05:38 AM by adey67.)
The reason people thought you were a theist is that you to some degree acted a bit like a theist troll as someone else pointed out, (although by no means the worst we have encountered I'll give you that)
You have completely failed to convince an average Joe (me) that I worship anything so you sure as heck aren't gonna convince the learned folks on here are you ? To be honest im still in the dark as to the majority of your points, tldr is an understatement, your posts meander along like a slow moving river taking twists and turns into small tributaries along the way and apparently from others posts I'm reading it would appear you are failing to answer rebuttals and questions which only serves to cause people to give you short shrift.
Ad hominems can be pretty much a standard response to theistic and non theistic trolls and woo merchants here, if everyone was uber tolerant with happy joy joy feelings we would be overrun with evangelical conversion stories conspiracy nuts and other forms of general fucktardery. It might or might not have been your intention to troll but its how you came off (leastways to me anyway). Someone once told me that this forum is not for everyone at the time I was offended but by golly they were absolutely right. There are plenty of other forums with strong rules against ad hominem attacks and flaming, perhaps you would feel more comfortable discussing your theories in that sort of atmosphere.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
10-01-2017, 06:16 AM
(10-01-2017 01:51 AM)Wallisddj Wrote:  Apparently, I AM the only one who can see color in rhetorical discussions. You black-and-white fellahs insisting that words can only be used within a constricted framework either are incapable of thinking outside your tiny boxes or are afraid someone will crack your precious rice bowls.

Nobody here said that words can ONLY be used within a constricted framework. What we are saying is that when words have multiple definitions and multiple usages you need to stick to one definition within any given argument. When you equate worship in the religious sense with worship used as metaphor in a secular sense you either strip away critical components of the religious use or add unintended baggage to the secular use. Your argument becomes a pointless mishmash of confused ideas.

Your fixation on having a single meaning for words and then applying that single usage in all contexts is not the profound approach that you seem to think it is. It is an overly simplistic approach that distorts what people mean and prevents effective communication. If you want to get your ideas across I suggest that you try a different approach. If you want to continue with your current approach I suggest that you try a different forum. It isn't going to work here because we have a fundamental disagreement on the way words are used.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
10-01-2017, 08:02 AM
(10-01-2017 06:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 01:51 AM)Wallisddj Wrote:  Apparently, I AM the only one who can see color in rhetorical discussions. You black-and-white fellahs insisting that words can only be used within a constricted framework either are incapable of thinking outside your tiny boxes or are afraid someone will crack your precious rice bowls.

Nobody here said that words can ONLY be used within a constricted framework. What we are saying is that when words have multiple definitions and multiple usages you need to stick to one definition within any given argument. When you equate worship in the religious sense with worship used as metaphor in a secular sense you either strip away critical components of the religious use or add unintended baggage to the secular use. Your argument becomes a pointless mishmash of confused ideas.

Your fixation on having a single meaning for words and then applying that single usage in all contexts is not the profound approach that you seem to think it is. It is an overly simplistic approach that distorts what people mean and prevents effective communication. If you want to get your ideas across I suggest that you try a different approach. If you want to continue with your current approach I suggest that you try a different forum. It isn't going to work here because we have a fundamental disagreement on the way words are used.

An excellent post Unfogged, jumbled word salads narrow word definition are all a recipe for disastrous non productive dialogue misunderstanding and resultant frustration.
10-01-2017, 08:08 AM
(10-01-2017 01:51 AM)Wallisddj Wrote:  One or two have earned some respect; you others have earned my disrespect through your behavior and tone that I have come to expect from Christians.

Well THAT'S a relief.
After all, you are the master of "respect".
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.