To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
21-11-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: To train up a child
(21-11-2013 02:04 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Well which is it? First you say you endorse most everything in the book and even handed it out to friends. Then you say you don't. Now when pressed directly, you say you do endorse it. So which is it, PJ? Why can't you straight up answer his question?

'cause he's a pathological liar.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 08:36 PM
(21-11-2013 03:07 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:   Yes, I endorse most everything in the book.

Which brings us back to the original point that you are a sorry sack of shit and a child abuser.

21-11-2013, 08:39 PM
(21-11-2013 03:07 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:   Yes, I endorse most everything in the book.

Which means you endorse the following:

Some of the discipline techniques the Pearls teach include:

Using plastic tubing to beat children, since it is "too light to cause damage to the muscle or the bone”
Wearing the plastic tubing around the parent's neck as a constant reminder to obey
"Swatting" babies as young as six months old with instruments such as "a 12-inch willowy branch," thinner plastic tubing or a wooden spoon
"Blanket training" babies by hitting them with an instrument if they try to crawl off a blanket on the floor
Beating older children with rulers, paddles, belts and larger tree branches
"Training" children with pain before they even disobey, in order to teach total obedience
Giving cold water baths, putting children outside in cold weather and withholding meals as discipline
Hosing off children who have potty training accidents
Inflicting punishment until a child is "without breath to complain"

21-11-2013, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 09:45 PM by sporehux.)
OK I'll bite: If this is not just some elaborate extended troll Please Jesus. can you explain why your powers of logic choose a minority point of view over a mountain of expert studies into child psychology:

Will you admit that you have invested so much into justifying this behavior that your unwilling now to factor in the pros and cons of such parenting.

All the pros you have so far mentioned leave so much grey area for harmful abuse that only a tiny percentage of families will come out with a normal child.

Do you consider yourself to be a better child psychology expert than people who study that field ? if not why do you ignore/exclude their results.

What evidence would it take to change your mind about the necessity/un of corporal punishment.?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
21-11-2013, 09:22 PM
How many deaths before you change your mind about this being a good book? I mean answer honestly if I said 10 children were "accidentally" beaten to death by parents using thing book as a guide would you stop recommending it? What about 15? 20? Is there a point where you would decide that maybe the book is too dangerous to recommend?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 4 users Like Losty's post
21-11-2013, 10:10 PM
I challenge the pro corporal punishment people to Video their "training" and play it back to another family member, and still feel like it was better than an alternative punishment.

Anyone else see the parallels with child abuse and religion:

Religion:
Its all True>but>but>but>but>but- to > God created the big bang and the framework for evolution

Abuse:
Never spare the rod >but>but>but>but>but - to > well we should still spank the ones too young to reason with.

21-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Corporeal Punishment is for fetishists and pedophiles.
21-11-2013, 10:36 PM
(21-11-2013 10:15 PM)C²L Wrote:  Corporeal Punishment is for fetishists and pedophiles.

What do you mean, This is totally not sexual

[Image: spanking-phantom.jpg]

But on serious note, is there a case for Corporal punishment being related to sexual gratification, that would be all kinds of wrong, pedophilia and incest, two things that are less important in the bible than Honoring thy father and mother.

"Does corporal punishment predispose children to be victims of sexual abuse?

"Spanked children don't regard their bodies as being their own personal property. Spanking trains them to accept the idea that adults have absolute authority over their bodies, including the right to inflict pain. And being hit on the buttocks teaches them that even their sexual areas are subject to the will of adults. The child who submits to a spanking on Monday is not likely to say 'No' to a molester on Tuesday. People who sexually molest or exploit children know this. They stalk potential victims among children who have been taught to 'obey or else' because such children are the easiest targets."

[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
21-11-2013, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 12:27 AM by sporehux.)
Start the horses mouth at 1:20

Don't know if this was posted before, but this is who PJ is endorsing.

Admittedly it seems cobbled for out of context impact, but nether the less its beyond disturbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt37bK_Vjug more horror

[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
21-11-2013, 11:17 PM
(21-11-2013 11:06 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Start the horses mouth at 1:20

Don't know if this was posted before, but this is who PJ is endorsing.

Admittedly it seems cobbled for out of context impact, but nether the less its beyond disturbing.

I have the sudden urge to light his beard on fire... Evil_monster

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]