To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
19-11-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: To train up a child
All,

I take it from your comments that you don't want me to discuss which book methods I support and which I don't, the specifics of what I do, or why it works or doesn't work--you merely want to hurl invective at me on a rhetorical basis.

And Taqiyya, I'm not dictating your choices--I'm asking if you want to ask me as a test case exactly what went down in my home or whether you just want to disagree rhetorically from your platform. The reason why I'm not dictating your choices is because you are choosing whether you want to stand outside and protest or interview the fellow you're protesting. It's still your choice.

You keep saying "this is wrong" but if you're so sure, why not discuss it with me more to enhance your stance and help me back down on my stance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes PleaseJesus's post
19-11-2013, 03:04 PM
(19-11-2013 03:00 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  All,

I take it from your comments that you don't want me to discuss which book methods I support and which I don't, the specifics of what I do, or why it works or doesn't work--you merely want to hurl invective at me on a rhetorical basis.

And Taqiyya, I'm not dictating your choices--I'm asking if you want to ask me as a test case exactly what went down in my home or whether you just want to disagree rhetorically from your platform. The reason why I'm not dictating your choices is because you are choosing whether you want to stand outside and protest or interview the fellow you're protesting. It's still your choice.

You keep saying "this is wrong" but if you're so sure, why not discuss it with me more to enhance your stance and help me back down on my stance.

Tell us, which of their techniques you experimented with on your children.
19-11-2013, 03:04 PM
(19-11-2013 02:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 02:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's just sad. I can't believe people still listen to the pearls.

I listened, and took notes. They and I have obedient, believing, confident, secure, wise, intelligent, respectful, accomplished children.

The converse is true--many angry and vile people I've known were not disciplined as children just as the Bible predicts--the rod and reproof give wisdom both.

I've never needed to hit my kids, and they're all those things obedient, respectful, confident, secure, wise beyond their years...and smart enough to know there are lazy parents and smart ones....

Relying on hitting a child is just lazy parenting.

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2013, 03:05 PM

I take it from your comments that you don't want me to discuss which book methods I support and which I don't, the specifics of what I do,

You pretty much already explained it , didn't you ?
Quote: I do pretty much everything the Pearls do and did,

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
19-11-2013, 03:06 PM
(19-11-2013 02:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I read the book twice, and if you want to know 1) what it says since these are not straight quotes you have above (going from memory) or 2) what it means in context, ask me.

My children show every evidence of having NOT been abused. I do pretty much everything the Pearls do and did, and my children are not abused.

You can choose to pick on me re: the book or actually ask someone who puts their principles to practice and find out some stuff. You choose.

Often a symptom of an abused child. No visible marks and secrets kept out of fear. I am not saying that is the case with your children (I certainly hope not) but that sentence is what abusive parents strive for whether they can verbalize that goal or not.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-11-2013, 03:07 PM

Oh, look, a dodge.

Quote:And Taqiyya, I'm not dictating your choices--I'm asking if you want to ask me as a test case exactly what went down in my home or whether you just want to disagree rhetorically from your platform.

I already asked you if you do this shit to your kids. You are just dodging.

Quote: The reason why I'm not dictating your choices is because you are choosing whether you want to stand outside and protest or interview the fellow you're protesting. It's still your choice.

You are not going to dictate how I interact on this forum.

Quote:You keep saying "this is wrong" but if you're so sure, why not discuss it with me more to enhance your stance and help me back down on my stance.

Why are you AVOIDING discussing it with all these gymnastics?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 4 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
19-11-2013, 03:11 PM
(19-11-2013 03:05 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  

I take it from your comments that you don't want me to discuss which book methods I support and which I don't, the specifics of what I do,

You pretty much already explained it , didn't you ?
(19-11-2013 03:00 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I do pretty much everything the Pearls do and did,

....which is an outright admission that you abuse your kids, you rotten piece of shit.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 5 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
19-11-2013, 03:18 PM
It is again evident that I am:

*judged before I can offer any facts in evidence

*confronted by individuals who are very adamant that they have the right answers, before they ask any questions

Typical is this line of "Do you do ANY of this, because if you do, you are abusing children"--and then you talk about Christian witch hunts on other threads! Let's pretend we're are thinking adults here. Ask me some questions about how I raise my children that aren't blind quotations from a book--sound familiar? Don't you love it when Christians do this to you?! and we'll proceed.

I do not abuse my children. I never have, and I never shall.

Thanks.
19-11-2013, 03:22 PM
(19-11-2013 03:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It is again evident that I am:

*judged before I can offer any facts in evidence

*confronted by individuals who are very adamant that they have the right answers, before they ask any questions

Typical is this line of "Do you do ANY of this, because if you do, you are abusing children"--and then you talk about Christian witch hunts on other threads! Let's pretend we're are thinking adults here. Ask me some questions about how I raise my children that aren't blind quotations from a book--sound familiar? Don't you love it when Christians do this to you?! and we'll proceed.

I do not abuse my children. I never have, and I never shall.

Thanks.

Stop pandering.

What of their techniques did you use?
What is your definition of abuse?
19-11-2013, 03:24 PM

It's not about you, it's about what the book advocates.

If you accept any of those quoted statements from the book, you are a moral cretin.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like Chas's post