To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
22-11-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: To train up a child
(22-11-2013 09:39 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  A child may be spanked and feel hurt--but this hurt does not lead to longterm trauma... it actually leads to trust in the parents and a longterm pattern of improved behavior.

Bullshit.

Quote:The Bible.....

You can FUCK your fairytale book. Literally. Wrap the sumbitch up with barbed fucking wire and shove it up your ass.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2013, 09:01 PM
(22-11-2013 09:40 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 07:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't give out abuse manuals, you fucking moron.

The Pearls' book is not an abuse manual,
\

Yes it is.

Quote: and again, millions of born again parents use similar methods with their families.

Millions? Hardly. Only a few inbreds who don't have enough brain cells to figure out that they are being hoodwinked by a charlatan.

22-11-2013, 09:09 PM
(22-11-2013 09:43 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 08:39 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Which means you endorse the following:

Some of the discipline techniques the Pearls teach include:

Using plastic tubing to beat children, since it is "too light to cause damage to the muscle or the bone”
Wearing the plastic tubing around the parent's neck as a constant reminder to obey
"Swatting" babies as young as six months old with instruments such as "a 12-inch willowy branch," thinner plastic tubing or a wooden spoon
"Blanket training" babies by hitting them with an instrument if they try to crawl off a blanket on the floor
Beating older children with rulers, paddles, belts and larger tree branches
"Training" children with pain before they even disobey, in order to teach total obedience
Giving cold water baths, putting children outside in cold weather and withholding meals as discipline
Hosing off children who have potty training accidents
Inflicting punishment until a child is "without breath to complain"

Taq:

Yes. I endorse most everything in the book.

And that makes you a sick fucking fuck.

Quote:Why not merely ask me what I don't endorse and then you'll have a fuller picture.

You said you "endorse most everything in it". I don't need to know anything more.

Quote: Also, you haven't given any context of a general sense of the book--only pull quotes from other sources--you haven't read the book.

I don't give a flying fuck about whatever equivocal "context" shell game you want to try and play. I already asked you if you did that shit and you said yes.
Nothing more to say about it but this:

Quote:Let's employ some logic here:

You wouldn't know logic if it bent you over and buggered you.

Quote:If is says to beat older children with a WEAPON*, then why are younger children not beat with a WEAPON*? Why would the WEAPON* used to spank (I don't believe the book ever uses the word BEAT) be discarded for the older child?

Because an older child might kick your sorry ass if you don't use a WEAPON* on him.

*fixed for clarity and perspective

22-11-2013, 09:13 PM
(22-11-2013 09:50 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Children are not to be beaten, they are to be spanked. God made the gluteus maximus region in part to be a soft cushion for a few spanks that make a child cry. Blood is not to be drawn--do you have any concept of how hard you have to hit a child with a 1/4 inch thick section of PVC plastic on their bottom to KILL them?

So you beat your kids with PVC pipe, on the advice of that ignorant, inbred fucking baboon in the video. Fucking incredible.

Quote:I will continue to recommend the Pearls' book and the Bible, and Tolkien, and some Stephen King, and Hitchens, to some non-psychotic persons. Is that okay?

YOU are not a "non-psychotic" person.

22-11-2013, 09:14 PM
(22-11-2013 09:53 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Respect for the body and healthy taboos, with a total lack of unhealthy taboos and superstitions is the hallmark of our parenting.

Um your whole fucking religion is superstition. You are just too stupid to figure it out.

22-11-2013, 09:17 PM
I tries reading the book. I stopped after 5 mins,it hurts me to read it.
I tkink that what the pearls used is a shitty method. Aside from the pain,the abuse and mental problems,this method
1) kills the so wonderfull(and sometimes dangerous) natural curiousity
2) this does not teach them why its wrong,it just creates (touch this object-pain) relation. The child will only not do something out of the fear of parents.
3.this creates blind following of orders instead of actually raising and learning a child to know right from wrong
4.basically,the pearls are saying punish the child for natural urges
5.this removes all the love from the parent-kid relation

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
22-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Also,pj,i don't think you should take parenting advice from the bible. After all(if you believe the adam and eve story) god couldnt even teach adults not to eat from a tree.

22-11-2013, 09:20 PM
(22-11-2013 09:58 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm not upset by a Christian who discreetly ABUSES THE FUCK OUT OF THEIR children

fixed!

Quote:in abeyance of a state statute.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Quote:Further, all Christians in every state should be discreet.

In other words, hide the abuse because you know it's fucking abuse. A hallmark of an abuser, incidentally.

Quote:1) Why embarrass the child in public?

Yes, keep the humiliation and abuse in private, where the child has no one to stand up for them. All you are doing is betraying your own abuser mindset.

Quote:2) People who were spanked in anger or otherwise abused will call Child Protection Services at a slight provocation.

Oh, isn't that fucking CUTE. You want to strawman caring peoples' motives as THEY are the ones with a problem. You are a fucking abuser through and through.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
22-11-2013, 09:22 PM
(22-11-2013 10:00 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  However, I would NEVER use a pipe on him. We use a plastic spoon.

So you trade one WEAPON for another WEAPON. Yeah, that makes you real different. Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
22-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Cathym,how were you raised? What are the thoughts about your upbringing? If you did write it already,i missed it