To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
19-11-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: To train up a child
(19-11-2013 03:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It is again evident that I am:

*judged before I can offer any facts in evidence

You gave evidence and facts. You admitted you abuse your children: "I do pretty much everything the Pearls do and did,"

Quote:*confronted by individuals who are very adamant that they have the right answers, before they ask any questions

I asked you straight up if you did that shit to your kids. Baby Jeebus cries when you lie.

Quote:Typical is this line of "Do you do ANY of this, because if you do, you are abusing children"--

What part of BEATING A CHILD WITH A RUBBER HOSE, WITHHOLDING FOOD, PUNISHING THEM UNTIL THEY ARE "WITHOUT BREATH TO COMPLAIN", AND USING UNPROVOKED PUNISHMENT TO INTIMIDATE THEM IS ABUSE do you fail to understand?

Quote:and then you talk about Christian witch hunts on other threads!

This isn't a witch hunt. You have already admitted that you abuse your children.

Quote: Let's pretend we're are thinking adults here.

Let's YOU pretend that you are, because everyone else in this thread already is.

Quote:Ask me some questions about how I raise my children that aren't blind quotations from a book--sound familiar? Don't you love it when Christians do this to you?! and we'll proceed.

I already asked you if you did this shit to your kids. And you have been stonewalling ever since.

Quote:I do not abuse my children. I never have, and I never shall.

You already admitted that you abuse your children: "I do pretty much everything the Pearls do and did,.."

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
19-11-2013, 03:26 PM

*confronted by individuals who are very adamant that they have the right answers, before they ask any questions

Typical is this line of "Do you do ANY of this, because if you do, you are abusing children"--and then you talk about Christian witch hunts on other threads! Let's pretend we're are thinking adults here. Ask me some questions about how I raise my children that aren't blind quotations from a book--sound familiar? Don't you love it when Christians do this to you?! and we'll proceed.

I do not abuse my children. I never have, and I never shall.

Thanks.

I read bits of the book a long time ago but found nothing that aligned with positive reinforcement and solution focused parenting.

I found a lot of "do this, but then do this" or "only do such-and-such so far".

Maybe my memory is off. What are the two best things/tips you would take away from the book and what are the two worst (critic) things you observed?

Although I agree it also takes a person who has no logic or empathy to take it as far as the (I can't call them parents) people did, I know this is not the first time this book has greyed the lines for people who can not clearly see the difference between right and wrong, making a parenting scenario go from bad to worse.

(In response to OP news, which I saw this article a little while ago) There is nothing that makes me more sick, pukey, uncomfortable and angry as child abuse does. A true tragedy.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
19-11-2013, 03:27 PM

*confronted by individuals who are very adamant that they have the right answers, before they ask any questions

Typical is this line of "Do you do ANY of this, because if you do, you are abusing children"--and then you talk about Christian witch hunts on other threads! Let's pretend we're are thinking adults here. Ask me some questions about how I raise my children that aren't blind quotations from a book--sound familiar? Don't you love it when Christians do this to you?! and we'll proceed.

Thanks.

I didn't say you abused your children I said parents who rely on corporal punishments of their children as young as 6 months are guilty of being lazy.

It's not your fault, you simply don't know better. Sad.

Now shoo fly.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2013, 03:28 PM

Thanks.

You offered the following evidence:
" I do pretty much everything the Pearls do and did, and my children are not abused."

So you beat them with a plastic hose? You withheld food?

Backpedal time, PJ?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
19-11-2013, 03:31 PM
As someone raised by people that thought you just needed to beat a child enough to make them good, I can't even read all the entries. Being beaten bloody on a regular basis or at least being threatened with the very real fear of it fucks with your head as well as damages your body, for-fucking-ever. Saying that's how god wants it done makes it even more vile when you then expect that child to pray to that god.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 11 users Like Anjele's post
19-11-2013, 03:37 PM
(19-11-2013 03:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Thanks.

You offered the following evidence:
" I do pretty much everything the Pearls do and did, and my children are not abused."

So you beat them with a plastic hose? You withheld food?

Backpedal time, PJ?

There are many religious organizations that have denounced the pearls books. It's a shame pj, so entrenched in his belief, will defend anyone who claims to be Christian.

If pj were Muslim, no doubt he'd be just as extreme in his beliefs.

I pity him a bit -- being so myopic, he can no longer properly discern right from wrong.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-11-2013, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 04:18 PM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
So to recap. The evil, immoral, rudderless, athseists find the abuse and mistreatmet of children reprehensible and the xian is trying to defend/explain away/sweep said behavior under the rug.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 11 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-11-2013, 03:39 PM
(19-11-2013 03:37 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  So to reap. The evil, immoral, rudderless, athseists find the abuse and mistreatmet of children reprehensible and the xian is trying to defend/explain away/sweep said behavior under the rug.

As long as you do it while saying...this is what god wants...then it's okay.

Divine abuse.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
19-11-2013, 03:41 PM
PJ, how old are your children nicely obedient children now? Are they teenagers yet?
19-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Some excerpts:

On p.55 the Pearls say a mother should hit her child if he cries for her:

If a father is attempting to make a child eat his oats, and the child cries for his mother, then the mother should respond by spanking him for whining for her and for not eating his oats. He will then be glad to be dealing only with the father.

On pulling the hair of a breastfeeding baby (p.7).

“One particularly painful experience of nursing mothers is the biting baby. My wife did not waste time finding a cure. When the baby bit, she pulled hair (an alternative has to be sought for bald-headed babies).”

Dozens of more quotes out there. Horrible.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post