To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-11-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: To train up a child
(25-11-2013 06:24 PM)sporehux Wrote:  (Assuming your argument is valid)

PJ , please explain why you are ignoring all the evidence
That smacking is unnessicary , almost all first world countries have made it illegal Because of the high probability of mental health damage.
And based on many countries having it outlawed for so long, that don't have evil child epidemics, what evidence do you have that all these countries are wrong ?

Study shows even loving parenting that had spanking is harmful.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...103621.htm

Http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-...d-all-kids

Because he's not interested in good parenting - only control and domination; training, not teaching.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-11-2013, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2013 06:42 PM by sporehux.)
the onus is now on please jesus to provide evidence that spanking improves child behaviour.
over not spanking at all and using alternate discipline methods.

A growing body of research has shown that spanking and other forms of physical discipline can pose serious risks to children, but many parents aren’t hearing the message
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/04/spanking.aspx

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
25-11-2013, 07:03 PM
(25-11-2013 03:15 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 09:58 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You know, asshole, one of my children was grievously abused as an infant by a supposedly trusted adult, and I have NO patience or tolerance AT ALL for your bullshit and your bullshit rationalizations. You have already admitted enough in this forum to get your ass arrested. Don't push your luck.

I see. Just as with every other person who responded on this thread, those who were disciplined by loving theist or atheist parents are hip--and those who have experienced real trauma and abuse are upset, naturally.

Bullshit.

Quote:Please leave the thread if you feel you will not listen to reason or my arguments.

Your "arguments" are not reason by any stretch of the imagination, and there is NO defending your adherence to a manual for abusing children.

Quote: If you want to discuss the issues calmly, it could be helpful for both of us, right?

I am CALMLY calling you out on your abuse of your children and your advocacy of a manual for child abuse. Don't fucking strawman my position, you patronizing son of a bitch.

Quote:Also, I admitted to spanking my children, which is not illegal in my state.
You already admitted to using just about all of the methods in that manual for child abuse, and advocating them as well. there is no backtracking from that.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-11-2013, 07:06 PM
(25-11-2013 03:07 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 06:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  PJ - how can you say that you don't beat your kids, if you spank them 40 times. Clearly it's not the gentle tapping you were referring to.

You are incredibly frustrating to talk to. You backtrack, subvert, and make illogical arguments that don't support your claim. You say one thing, the completely change your story.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to frustrate you with semantics.

Yes, you are.

Quote:Having said that, in my way of thinking drunks beat other drunks in bars and nightclubs. Abusive parents hit their kids with belts and fists.

...and PVC pipes, like your book advocates and you admit you have done.

Quote:pWe spanked our children. The beat and hit words are sometimes used in an inflammatory fashion. There's a difference between corporal punishment or spanking and beating someone with a baseball bat.
Only in a matter of physical degree. The emotional wounds are the same.

25-11-2013, 07:07 PM
(25-11-2013 03:08 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Give it some time and see what methods will work best for you, okay?

Oh, yeah, parenting advice from an admitted child abuser. That's what *I* sure want. Rolleyes

25-11-2013, 07:09 PM
(25-11-2013 03:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The Bible says also that "folly is bound in the heart of a child". There is no exception to this universal except for the young Jesus.

FUCK your fairytale book.

25-11-2013, 07:11 PM
(25-11-2013 03:13 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 09:22 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  So you trade one WEAPON for another WEAPON. Yeah, that makes you real different. Rolleyes

If you think a wooden spoon or a small piece of PVC is an effective "weapon" don't ever be a security guard or a cop. Hit yourself on the hand with such--but only bring the end up a few short inches, then come down calmly and with accuracy. It stings--it's not a weapon.

"A weapon, arm, or armament is any device used in order to inflict damage or harm to living beings"

You can't equivocate your way out of this.

25-11-2013, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2013 07:23 PM by sporehux.)
PJ needs to explain why he knows what's better for children.
Than all the qualified experts in that field.
All the Countries that have weighed the evidence and choosen to ban all spanking.

He is the stereotype american the europeans like to lampoon. Complete utter arrogance for the rest of the world, my church say X , any facts disputing X are invalid.
So much for Hubris being a sin.

I'm sure if expert studies proved nose picking caused
Cancer, america would be the lone country to not ban it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
25-11-2013, 07:13 PM
(25-11-2013 03:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I am sincerely sorry to hear some of what you've shared.

Liar. If you WERE, you wouldn't advocate the continuation of child abuse.

Quote:I can say honestly I've been there--and I also currently counsel different ones who've been abused.

Oh, great, the abuses counseling the abused.

Quote:My wife and I--and I've no doubt KC's family as well--spank not very hard and not with our hands or a belt, and with an extra-calm voice so the child knows dad and mom are self-controlled and not angry, not at all.

As I wrote earlier, you can tell in the children at the mall who is abusing either by anger--or just as bad--by neglect. Our kids would run down the hall laughing--because they always felt loved and never in fear of us--ever.

You can't equivocate your way out of this. You have already admitted abusing your children.

25-11-2013, 07:15 PM
(25-11-2013 06:02 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  First you say you spanked your kids calmly and without force, then you say you hit them as much as 15 times for the offense and 15 more for lying about it. Or 20 and 20 respectively. Spanking someone 40 times is - one could argue -, using force from the excessive ness. So which is it?

In other words, PJ is a pathological liar. Who knew? Shocking