To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-11-2013, 08:27 AM
RE: To train up a child
(25-11-2013 06:17 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 03:08 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  That's good--because we didn't hit our kids either to teach them "no touch". Our children were never terrible twos. Give it some time and see what methods will work best for you, okay?

Hitting/flicking/spanking it's all the same to me. It's wrong. Spanking any child any age 40 times is abusive. Call up the CPS and ask them if your parenting techniques are acceptable.

I respectfully disagree with certain things taught in schools and by psychologists--moreover, I'm in my rights to do so. I 100% agree with CPS where they take a strong stand against striking a child in anger. I don't subscribe to everything CPS or Planned Parenthood or the President or other authorities hold to be facts, and neither should you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2013 08:43 AM by sporehux.)
Bible Discipline in action: WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS SICK.

And in the wonderful land of of America (land of the free and home of the afraid)
THIS IS FUCKING LEGAL !!!!!!!!!!!! (if you just dial the evil down 5%)! In normal countries you are in jail with paedophiles.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
26-11-2013, 08:28 AM
(25-11-2013 06:38 PM)sporehux Wrote:  the onus is now on please jesus to provide evidence that spanking improves child behaviour.
over not spanking at all and using alternate discipline methods.

A growing body of research has shown that spanking and other forms of physical discipline can pose serious risks to children, but many parents aren’t hearing the message
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/04/spanking.aspx

I'm interested in where the samplings are not the general population--which population is in large plurality or a majority running off into anger, stress, alcohol and narcotics. 25% (?) of children are also on ADHD medication, etc. - spanking could solve some issues for children - AND their parents! Some of the parents in those research samples should be spanked, and I imagine you agree!
26-11-2013, 08:34 AM
(25-11-2013 07:13 PM)sporehux Wrote:  PJ needs to explain why he knows what's better for children.
Than all the qualified experts in that field.
All the Countries that have weighed the evidence and choosen to ban all spanking.

He is the stereotype american the europeans like to lampoon. Complete utter arrogance for the rest of the world, my church say X , any facts disputing X are invalid.
So much for Hubris being a sin.

I'm sure if expert studies proved nose picking caused
Cancer, america would be the lone country to not ban it.

I disagree with "all" the qualified experts. Some of the experts with PhD's spank at home. The real question is what is right. Some of the European experts allowed children to be destroyed with thalidomide when it was illegal here in the "xenophobic" U.S.

All facts disputing X may be valid. We need to see what is true.

I'm here in part to promote the good news that Jesus died and rose for us and that trusting Him we have eternal life, so patriotism is a mere sidebar, but those countries that sneer at us still hold hands out for foreign aid of all kinds.

America is a terrific place where there is currently a lot of sin and evil. The correlation between spanking in this country and Chrisitianity is logical, and my missionary friends in Europe are astonished at Europe's increasing secularization even as it gets overwhelmed by Islam, narcotics abuse, legal prostitution, etc.

This is the end of days and saying "loving your children and disciplining them occasionally as the Bible suggests" is anathema is dangerous to us--and our kids.
26-11-2013, 08:35 AM
(26-11-2013 08:28 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 06:38 PM)sporehux Wrote:  the onus is now on please jesus to provide evidence that spanking improves child behaviour.
over not spanking at all and using alternate discipline methods.

A growing body of research has shown that spanking and other forms of physical discipline can pose serious risks to children, but many parents aren’t hearing the message
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/04/spanking.aspx

I'm interested in where the samplings are not the general population--which population is in large plurality or a majority running off into anger, stress, alcohol and narcotics. 25% (?) of children are also on ADHD medication, etc. - spanking could solve some issues for children - AND their parents! Some of the parents in those research samples should be spanked, and I imagine you agree!

Come on PJ, you have to be able to do better than just asserting "spanking could solve some issues for children" and pulling random statistics out of your ass... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-11-2013, 08:36 AM
(25-11-2013 07:53 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  PJ - I did not feel like I was abused. What I was trying to tell you is that spanking will be the overriding memory for your kid. If you don't think your kid remembers, in detail, you spanking them 30-40 times, you are fucking crazy.

Let me say that again. Your kids remember being spanked 30-40 times before they remember something nice you've done.

You will have to live with that.

I am living with these facts. I feel I can be helpful at the forum since this is mainly in my past. My children are a junior in college and a sophomore in high school. My kids only remember when I've lost my cool or raised my voice--spanking is something they plan to do with their kids and they've spoken in front of groups about how they were raised--addressing the concerns of college students and others who are new to the Bible method of discipline.
26-11-2013, 08:37 AM
(26-11-2013 08:34 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  This is the end of days and saying "loving your children and disciplining them occasionally as the Bible suggests" is anathema is dangerous to us--and our kids.

Well, there's your problem. When you believe in Hell on Earth during the Tribulation, and it's right around the corner, what is beating your children in the face damnation of their eternal souls? Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
26-11-2013, 08:38 AM
(26-11-2013 08:18 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  There was a time when spanking your kid was considered normal pretty much. That time.............. has passed.

Raising a strong-willed child (aka the ones who'd even come Close to needing a spanking)
http://www.amazon.com/The-NEW-Strong-Wil...1414313632

In this day & age with the internet at our fingertips and all manner of free counseling available there's NO reason for a parent or guardian, babysitter, etc to raise a hand to a child. If you're around children or anticipate that you might be - you OR the child lack patience or listening skills --- educate yourself on What to Do!!

Seriously - there's NO excuse for not educating yourself to avoid any sort of smacking[1] where a child is concerned.

[1] call it whatever you like........whitewash it as much as you'd like...... a hand raised in anger or frustration OR as response to bad behavior is a hand raised. Period.

I agree. No raising hands. No smacking. Any parent, even a born again parent, who is angry should be spanking at that time. Better to not spank then to turn anger on a child. Thanks for sharing that.
26-11-2013, 08:38 AM
(26-11-2013 08:34 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 07:13 PM)sporehux Wrote:  PJ needs to explain why he knows what's better for children.
Than all the qualified experts in that field.
All the Countries that have weighed the evidence and choosen to ban all spanking.

He is the stereotype american the europeans like to lampoon. Complete utter arrogance for the rest of the world, my church say X , any facts disputing X are invalid.
So much for Hubris being a sin.

I'm sure if expert studies proved nose picking caused
Cancer, america would be the lone country to not ban it.

I disagree with "all" the qualified experts. Some of the experts with PhD's spank at home. The real question is what is right. Some of the European experts allowed children to be destroyed with thalidomide when it was illegal here in the "xenophobic" U.S.

All facts disputing X may be valid. We need to see what is true.

I'm here in part to promote the good news that Jesus died and rose for us and that trusting Him we have eternal life, so patriotism is a mere sidebar, but those countries that sneer at us still hold hands out for foreign aid of all kinds.

America is a terrific place where there is currently a lot of sin and evil. The correlation between spanking in this country and Chrisitianity is logical, and my missionary friends in Europe are astonished at Europe's increasing secularization even as it gets overwhelmed by Islam, narcotics abuse, legal prostitution, etc.

This is the end of days and saying "loving your children and disciplining them occasionally as the Bible suggests" is anathema is dangerous to us--and our kids.

There was a time when spanking your kid was considered normal pretty much. That time.............. has passed.

Raising a strong-willed child (aka the ones who'd even come Close to needing a spanking)
http://www.amazon.com/The-NEW-Strong-Wil...1414313632

In this day & age with the internet at our fingertips and all manner of free counseling available there's NO reason for a parent or guardian, babysitter, etc to raise a hand to a child. If you're around children or anticipate that you might be - you OR the child lack patience or listening skills --- educate yourself on What to Do!!

Seriously - there's NO excuse for not educating yourself to avoid any sort of smacking[1] where a child is concerned.

[1] call it whatever you like........whitewash it as much as you'd like...... a hand raised in anger or frustration OR as response to bad behavior is a hand raised. Period.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
26-11-2013, 08:39 AM
(25-11-2013 07:03 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 03:15 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I see. Just as with every other person who responded on this thread, those who were disciplined by loving theist or atheist parents are hip--and those who have experienced real trauma and abuse are upset, naturally.

Bullshit.

Quote:Please leave the thread if you feel you will not listen to reason or my arguments.

Your "arguments" are not reason by any stretch of the imagination, and there is NO defending your adherence to a manual for abusing children.

Quote: If you want to discuss the issues calmly, it could be helpful for both of us, right?

I am CALMLY calling you out on your abuse of your children and your advocacy of a manual for child abuse. Don't fucking strawman my position, you patronizing son of a bitch.

Quote:Also, I admitted to spanking my children, which is not illegal in my state.
You already admitted to using just about all of the methods in that manual for child abuse, and advocating them as well. there is no backtracking from that.

TM:

I understand. I really get it. You are very serious about trying to see others cease abusing their young people. We don't. If you can keep to one or two posts instead of dozens and ask questions rather than just hurl verbal abuse at me, we can talk and reason. Thanks.