To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
27-11-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: To train up a child
(27-11-2013 11:24 PM)sporehux Wrote:  According to "how to train a child up", by the pearls.
You just have to give your husband sex before punishing the kid this dissipates the anger (he said this for real),
And enjoy hitting your child, make it fun, He says.

Then this Abuse is by the Bible good parenting.

This was taken from an earlier version of the Pearls website: not chopped up for out of context impact, this is horses mouth stuff.

According to Michael Pearl:

“But if your husband has sexually molested the children, you should approach him with it. If he is truly repentant (not just exposed) and is willing to seek counseling, you may feel comfortable giving him an opportunity to prove himself, as long as you know the children are safe. If there is any thought that they are not safe, or if he is not repentant and willing to seek help, then go to the law and have him arrested. Stick by him, but testify against him in court. Have him do about 10 to 20 years, and by the time he gets out, you will have raised the kids, and you can be waiting for him with open arms of forgiveness and restitution. Will this glorify God? Forever. You ask, “What if he doesn't repent even then?” Then you will be rewarded in heaven equal to the martyrs, and God will have something to rub in the Devil’s face. God hates divorce — always, forever, regardless, without exception.”

ShockingShockingShockingShockingShockingShockingShockingShockingShockingShockingShockingShockingShockingShockingShocking

Tell me why I am not surprised.

SHOCKED, yes.

But NOT surprised.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2013, 12:56 AM
(27-11-2013 09:43 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The multi-quote button (between the Reply and Report buttons) is your friend Taq...

Unfortunately it is not available on mobile :/
28-11-2013, 01:13 AM
(28-11-2013 12:56 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 09:43 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The multi-quote button (between the Reply and Report buttons) is your friend Taq...

Unfortunately it is not available on mobile :/

Nor does just pointing at a UI button suffice to explain the vagaries of how whoever programmed it intended that a casual interwebs user put it to use.

28-11-2013, 01:24 AM
I am on your side TM, but do you think your posts through? Imagine if you were a Christian who spanks their kids reading through this post. Do you think your comments would make someone think, hmmm maybe she is right and I need to consider changing my ways
No, if I were a Christian who spanks I would think, damn this is the craziest angriest person and I am not even going to consider any of her advice because she is nuts
I am not saying you are nuts, but what do you expect people to think after some of your posts? Most of them don't make any points at all.
This is what people see: FUCK YOU...random insult...blah blah angry smack talking.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 5 users Like Losty's post
28-11-2013, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2013 02:22 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(28-11-2013 01:24 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am on your side TM,

Bullshit.

Quote: but do you think your posts through?

You have no idea.

Quote: Imagine if you were a Christian who spanks their kids reading through this post.
Why don't you ask me to see the world through the eyes of the bastards who flew airliners into the WTC? Same rationale. Stockholm Syndrome much?

Quote: Do you think your comments would make someone think,

OBVIOUSLY I FUCKING DO. Whether now, tomorrow, or after ten years of your trying to deny the obvious, YES.

Quote: hmmm maybe she is right and I need to consider changing my ways

She...?

Quote:No, if I were a Christian who spanks

ARE YOU "an xtard who spanks"? IF not, then what makes you can speak for all, or ANY of them?

Quote:I would think,

Look, spare me your fantasies.

Quote: damn this is the craziest angriest person and I am not even going to consider any of her advice because she is nuts

Look, are you some sort of perverted theist shill?

Quote:I am not saying you are nuts,

It's obvious that you would like to. Spare the disingenuous bullshit, k?

Quote: but what do you expect people to think after some of your posts?

I expect honesty and frankness, and absolutely no bullshit. No shell games, no mealy-mouthed equivocations, no pathetic sophistry, and no bullshit. You have a problem with that?

Quote:Most of them don't make any points at all.

Bullshit.

Quote:This is what people see: FUCK YOU...random insult...blah blah angry smack talking.
Bullshit. You can suck the asses and eat the bullshit straw dogs of theist evangelicals all you want. You want to buy into that "angry atheist" bullshit, hook, line, and sinker, then FINE -- but just be fucking honest and admit that you are a theist shill.

28-11-2013, 02:39 AM
Taq...

You're bein' a dick. She's trying to be nice and all you see is someone contradicting you and you go into full on rage mode. I rate you owe LostAndInsecure an apology, and you owe yourself a smack upside the head.

Edit: above made while being totally unaware of the irony of posting it in this thread Undecided

So maybe I owe myself one as well Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-11-2013, 02:48 AM
Taq

[Image: how-to-lose-friends-and-infuriate-people...-front.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
28-11-2013, 06:27 AM
TM - I did not start this thread for this type of vitrole, especially when she doesn't deserve it. Don't be mean just because someone wants you to tone down the rhetoric of fuck yous. Or the spamming. It's possible to post without quoting. We are all intelligent, and can decipher what you are referencing...you don't need to quote PJ's every word.

If you don't like PJ, don't talk to him. It's really that easy. His kids are old, there is no more spanking so to tell him to stop is moot. He already stopped.

He is too deeply infected with the god virus to hear anything you are saying. His virus equips him with the ability to block out every vitriolic statement you make....and none of the contradictions will sink in. So really you are doing is flinging word garbage around for the rest of us to step over.

Please stop. Act like the adult I know you are. And do not jump all over people like lostandinsecure when she was only offering a helpful suggestion.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
28-11-2013, 08:38 AM
(27-11-2013 01:42 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 08:52 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Seriously PraiseJesus - as many posts made in this thread and ideas/suggestions/observations offered -- you **still** advocate spanking?
Really?

Most people when faced by incredible education and sound judgement will respond with: "Wow.... never thought of it that way = Ok. Maybe I was wrong to spank."

Course that requires rational thinking. And you Rationalize your thinking.
Psssst -- those two are NOT the same thing. Just sayin

I am aware of the alternatives to spanking. One I've tried to address several times in this thread without getting a response is "time out". "I don't want you here right now... go to your room alone..." where the child sulks... and feels keenly alone... we never did that.

Another item I've attempted to discuss here is that a spanking--and it's over--takes a minute or two to do it calmly and to address the child's questions and etc. Time outs and arguments and long talks can take ten times as long. I understand that people say on this thread "You're just lazy" or "You're just in a rush" but going from a frustrated or angry child to a pleasant child in two minutes is different than the kid crying along in their room for 45 minutes. The latter can truly affect the child's psyche.

Again, I'm willing to talk more details about how I do what I do and why it works both for parents and children, but simply telling me I'm obstinate in my ways is something we both already have learned. Smile Let's discuss the issues, not whether I'm aware of them!

I posted a great suggestion for a book:
How to Raise a strong willed child. Thousands of parents and kids have benefited from this book. It's about using techniques communicating with kids in a way that removes the *spank* instinct that many of our generation (and the generations prior to ours) have had.

It's quite simple - in this day and age there are alternatives to spanking a child. Period.

Look - let's try some philosophy here......... YOU clearly appreciate the here and now. You're using the Internet. Right? You may have a cell phone, a HD TV, etc (whatever gadgets you have or don't have............doesn't matter...... get the idea)
Point being ---
We've evolved since the days of applying a switch from the back yard or the fly swatter hanging by the kitchen door. We've evolved.

There are more sophisticated ways of dealing with children within the past 20 years. In fact, child rearing techniques have parralled other advancements - like the leaps and bounds seen in the medical field, etc.

Assuming they are SMART and CAPABLE and Not in Need of Control........... but guidance instead. Guidance does not require spanking or striking a child in any way.

You either GET that or you Do Not.
If you don't. We've got nothing else to discuss on child rearing.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
28-11-2013, 08:55 AM
As for the rest of the backs and forths of this thread -- I just can't even ---- I mean --- erm ---- I wish that ----

never mind.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.