To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
19-11-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: To train up a child
(19-11-2013 03:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  My children are now a sophomore in high school and a junior in college. Still obedient (mostly), respectful and etc. There is so much I'd like to share but it continues to sound like a show trial here from 1930's Russia... "Did you do ANY of those things I'm quoting to you? If you did, you have no context and no reason, so you're guilty, guilty, guilty..."

On the other hand, I was recalling earlier today a fellow who approached me after years had gone by when I'd preached to him--he said "These years later, you were right about so many things regarding rearing children and about family outcomes and etc. You were right..."

I did have something I wanted to begin with, regarding training a child under the age of one year, but I'd sure like it if we can set some ground rules and see a little more respect for another's life experience than you've given so far--why not pretend I'm a fellow atheist for now--and then you can only occasionally curse or mock me rather than every time you post?

I'd like to talk about this subject precisely BECAUSE it's sensitive, but y'all need to get over your own issues a bit before we can go forward with mutual respect. I KNOW child rearing is sensitive, I hit these blocks often in public preaching--try to act with mentality, not mob mentality, how about it, folks?

Public preaching? Like you are one of those crazy assholes in NYC with the sandwich signs about how fornication is the way to hell, repent!!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
19-11-2013, 07:09 PM
(19-11-2013 06:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 03:49 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  The people who WROTE the book are mentally off. One of the most horrifying disgusting books I have ever read!!

You actually read it? Like, you bought it, further supporting these despots?

I refuse to buy the book.

I didn't buy it. You can read the whole book online for free.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
19-11-2013, 07:11 PM
(19-11-2013 07:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 06:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You actually read it? Like, you bought it, further supporting these despots?

I refuse to buy the book.

I didn't buy it. You can read the whole book online for free.

I don't recommend the book unless you want to spend your night filled with rage and sorrow. I cried through some of it. It's disgusting.
19-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Punishment for those who published this book! Shame on you. Angry
19-11-2013, 07:56 PM
(19-11-2013 03:26 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 03:18 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It is again evident that I am:

*judged before I can offer any facts in evidence

You gave evidence and facts. You admitted you abuse your children: "I do pretty much everything the Pearls do and did,"

Quote:*confronted by individuals who are very adamant that they have the right answers, before they ask any questions

I asked you straight up if you did that shit to your kids. Baby Jeebus cries when you lie.

Quote:Typical is this line of "Do you do ANY of this, because if you do, you are abusing children"--

What part of BEATING A CHILD WITH A RUBBER HOSE, WITHHOLDING FOOD, PUNISHING THEM UNTIL THEY ARE "WITHOUT BREATH TO COMPLAIN", AND USING UNPROVOKED PUNISHMENT TO INTIMIDATE THEM IS ABUSE do you fail to understand?

Quote:and then you talk about Christian witch hunts on other threads!

This isn't a witch hunt. You have already admitted that you abuse your children.

Quote: Let's pretend we're are thinking adults here.

Let's YOU pretend that you are, because everyone else in this thread already is.

Quote:Ask me some questions about how I raise my children that aren't blind quotations from a book--sound familiar? Don't you love it when Christians do this to you?! and we'll proceed.

I already asked you if you did this shit to your kids. And you have been stonewalling ever since.

Quote:I do not abuse my children. I never have, and I never shall.

You already admitted that you abuse your children: "I do pretty much everything the Pearls do and did,.."

I swear to god (pardon the expression), but everytime I read ANY of PJ's post on his child rearing, I just hear "it puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again..."

Helllllloooo clarice

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
19-11-2013, 07:59 PM
(19-11-2013 07:11 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I didn't buy it. You can read the whole book online for free.

I don't recommend the book unless you want to spend your night filled with rage and sorrow. I cried through some of it. It's disgusting.

I wonder what that book review would look like. "All-in-all a good read. Only downside is I spent the rest of the evening rocking back and forth, sucking my thumb, and whispering faintly to myself...."

19-11-2013, 09:19 PM
What happened to PJ? Someone gives him the opportunity to defend himself without throwing insults at him, and suddenly he has nothing to say?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
19-11-2013, 09:19 PM
(19-11-2013 07:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 07:11 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I don't recommend the book unless you want to spend your night filled with rage and sorrow. I cried through some of it. It's disgusting.

I wonder what that book review would look like. "All-in-all a good read. Only downside is I spent the rest of the evening rocking back and forth, sucking my thumb, and whispering faintly to myself...."

"If only my parents had had this book and its recommendations on how to treat autism!"

... okay, I don't know what, if anything, the book says about autism. But just imagining it... brrr. Or if it doesn't say anything about autism and just has the one-size-fits-all approach. BRRRR.
19-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Fuck you pearls! You need to go to prison. Can they not go to porison as well? If the book basically says that they used those methods,isnt that like a mass produced confession? Fuck you ,people who did this to your children! I hope you sit the full 30 years! I hope they beat you in prison!

Wtf is wrong with people following this book? Sun they havw some sense of morality?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
19-11-2013, 10:18 PM
(19-11-2013 09:41 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Sun they havw some sense of morality?

Sure. Just not one from this century. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post