To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
09-12-2013, 03:59 PM
RE: To train up a child
(09-12-2013 03:46 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 08:20 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Good. So hurry up and kill yourself.

This is never an appropriate thing to say. Dodgy

In PJ's case, yes it is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-12-2013, 04:45 PM
(09-12-2013 03:56 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You forgot the part about "In my OPINION...." Rolleyes
No, I didn't. Drinking Beverage

(09-12-2013 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  In PJ's case, yes it is.
Chas, I usually agree with you, but not this time. It's not appropriate in anyone's case.

I don't care how annoying someone is on a message board, it's just a message board and not worth wishing someone dead about.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
09-12-2013, 04:49 PM
(09-12-2013 04:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 03:56 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You forgot the part about "In my OPINION...." Rolleyes
No, I didn't. Drinking Beverage

(09-12-2013 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  In PJ's case, yes it is.
Chas, I usually agree with you, but not this time. It's not appropriate in anyone's case.

I don't care how annoying someone is on a message board, it's just a message board and not worth wishing someone dead about.

Control issues much?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-12-2013, 04:55 PM
(09-12-2013 04:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 04:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  No, I didn't. Drinking Beverage

Control issues much?

It's sad that's all you can see in this. Do you realize people have actually committed suicide over such comments? All it takes is a person who was contemplating suicide anyway and you give the one final suggestion. You never know who you're really talking with on a message board or what their circumstances are. Why would you wish someone dead over mere nonsense? Save that for the truly evil people in the world.

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this because I have no intention of derailing this thread over it. You'll either get the point or you won't. Endless debating isn't likely to change anything.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
09-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Isn't it illegal in the US to encourage suicide?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
09-12-2013, 04:58 PM
(09-12-2013 04:55 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 04:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Control issues much?

It's sad that's all you can see in this. Do you realize people have actually committed suicide over such comments? All it takes is a person who was contemplating suicide anyway and you give the one final suggestion. You never know who you're really talking with on a message board or what their circumstances are. Why would you wish someone dead over mere nonsense? Save that for the truly evil people in the world.

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this because I have no intention of derailing this thread over it. You'll either get the point or you won't. Endless debating isn't likely to change anything.

Society would be better off without child abusers like PJ. I stand by my statement.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-12-2013, 05:10 PM
(09-12-2013 04:55 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 04:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Control issues much?

It's sad that's all you can see in this. Do you realize people have actually committed suicide over such comments?

And others have had their passive-aggressive "pity party" stopped dead in their tracks when someone called their bluff and handed them a loaded gun.

Really, you may have some kind of experience that my comment may have ruffled your feathers, but I am the wrong person to pontificate at about suicide.

09-12-2013, 11:09 PM
(09-12-2013 04:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 04:55 PM)Impulse Wrote:  It's sad that's all you can see in this. Do you realize people have actually committed suicide over such comments? All it takes is a person who was contemplating suicide anyway and you give the one final suggestion. You never know who you're really talking with on a message board or what their circumstances are. Why would you wish someone dead over mere nonsense? Save that for the truly evil people in the world.

Society would be better off without child abusers like PJ. I stand by my statement.
I feel the same way about proven child abusers. But PJ just might be nothing more than an attention-seeking troll.

09-12-2013, 11:54 PM
(09-12-2013 11:09 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 04:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Society would be better off without child abusers like PJ. I stand by my statement.
I feel the same way about proven child abusers.

PJ already admitted it. His confession is good enough for me.

Quote:But PJ just might be nothing more than an attention-seeking troll.

Society would be better off without THEM, too.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Study on long term effects of spanking