To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
11-12-2013, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 04:51 PM by Losty.)
RE: To train up a child
(09-12-2013 02:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 08:20 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Good. So hurry up and kill yourself.

Are you speaking from the deep wellspring of love that is atheism?

PJ, I really really don't like you. That being said, I think it is horrible and disgusting to tell someone to kill themselves. I really hope you get some help, love. Or you wake up one day to realize the awful errors of your ways. Please don't take TM's statement to heart. If you're not a troll I am sure there is a good man inside you waiting and hoping for you to let go of your sick way of thinking and embrace living as a good person.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 11:46 AM
(11-12-2013 04:47 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 02:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Are you speaking from the deep wellspring of love that is atheism?

PJ, I really really don't like you. That being said, I think it is horrible and disgusting to tell someone to kill themselves. I really hope you get some help, love. Or you wake up one day to realize the awful errors of your ways. Please don't take TM's statement to heart. If you're not a troll I am sure there is a good man inside you waiting and hoping for you to let go of your sick way of thinking and embrace living as a good person.

Thank you for the sentiment. Now please explain how I am to embrace living as a good person using only my subjective standards of good.
18-12-2013, 11:59 AM
(18-12-2013 11:46 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 04:47 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  PJ, I really really don't like you. That being said, I think it is horrible and disgusting to tell someone to kill themselves. I really hope you get some help, love. Or you wake up one day to realize the awful errors of your ways. Please don't take TM's statement to heart. If you're not a troll I am sure there is a good man inside you waiting and hoping for you to let go of your sick way of thinking and embrace living as a good person.

Thank you for the sentiment. Now please explain how I am to embrace living as a good person using only my subjective standards of good.

You could start by not advocating child abuse. I want to tell you something, you remind me of my ex-husband. He would tell me things like, what about all those women who are really abused? Don't you think you're trivializing their abuse by calling me an abuser?
No, love, it doesn't work that way. Just because he never believed in punching me in the face and you never believed in punching your kids in the face doesn't make you better. Are there worse things out there than kicking a pregnant wife in the stomach or hitting a child up to 40 times with a PVC pipe? There are many things that are much worse, but that doesn't negate the wrongness or evilness. Why don't you put away your fairy tale books and torture manuals for a while and take some time to reflect. Everyone has their own definition of right and wrong, but only a horrible heartless person could think abusing a child could ever be good or right.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
18-12-2013, 01:25 PM
(18-12-2013 11:46 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Now please explain how I am to embrace living as a good person using only my subjective standards of good.

Since god is fictional, you are already adhering to subjective standards of good. They just happen to be shitty ones.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
18-12-2013, 01:35 PM
(18-12-2013 11:46 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Thank you for the sentiment. Now please explain how I am to embrace living as a good person using only my subjective standards of good.

Use more empathy and less mythology.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-12-2013, 01:44 PM
It is harming them. Once a mom came to our house and asked for a wooden spoon so she could hit her child who was obviously hungry. My husband said no . just a general note about these kids they are wild and not well behaved even though she took notes and still uses the To Train Up A Child method. I have seen her kids disobey, and they don't play with my kids any more.
[+] 1 user Likes DeeSK's post
18-12-2013, 02:32 PM
How the hell was this book even published?!
18-12-2013, 02:38 PM
(18-12-2013 02:32 PM)thedudette Wrote:  How the hell was this book even published?!

The idiot market.

What I don't get is that I would have thought that to accept the dickery of the book under discussion I would have assumed that you'd have to be too thick to read, which is clearly not the case...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-12-2013, 04:06 PM
(18-12-2013 11:46 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Thank you for the sentiment. Now please explain how I am to embrace living as a good person using only my subjective standards of good.

By living as a good person using your subjective standards of good.

Whyever would that be insufficient?

... this is my signature!
18-12-2013, 04:25 PM
(18-12-2013 11:46 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 04:47 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  PJ, I really really don't like you. That being said, I think it is horrible and disgusting to tell someone to kill themselves. I really hope you get some help, love. Or you wake up one day to realize the awful errors of your ways. Please don't take TM's statement to heart. If you're not a troll I am sure there is a good man inside you waiting and hoping for you to let go of your sick way of thinking and embrace living as a good person.

[Image: belief_zps3405e5f2.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post