To train up a child

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
18-12-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: To train up a child
(18-12-2013 08:29 PM)thedudette Wrote:  Is the book banned?!

Nope.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 09:16 PM
(18-12-2013 07:52 PM)thedudette Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 07:01 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  #1 in book sales - like forever. But then fear and control are powerful tools, no doubt. And consider fear sugar coated as love........... yeah............. wow.Shocking

That is unbelievably sick. Sad Those poor children...
Please tell me the writers of the book are in jail as well.

Um... I meant BIBLE sales. Bible is #1 book ever.

OOoooooops
(sorry did not mean to be confusing.........You said look how many bibles.....and thats what I tried to answer--- eeeeeeeek)

((ducks))

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
18-12-2013, 09:18 PM
(18-12-2013 09:00 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 08:29 PM)thedudette Wrote:  D: Is the book banned?! It has to be, people must know this book will have extremely negative consequences.
It's not like they have a reputable publisher to begin, actually it's their own publishing house. I doubt any reputable publisher would even touch it. I doubt many bookstores would even touch it. Oh wow, this is straight from the website for the description of the book.

"these truths are not new, deep insights from the professional world of research, but rather, the same principles the Amish use to train their stubborn mules, the same technique God uses to train His children."

Yeah..no further words needed.

I don't even know how to reply to that.
I can't believe that a parent would do those things to their child.
18-12-2013, 09:19 PM
(18-12-2013 09:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Books are only 'banned' by certain groups of people. If someone wants to publish a book there are many ways they can do it...it doesn't need any sort of official approval.

There is only one way to stop books like this from circulating and that's for people to stop buying them. But as long as it's presented as a 'God says' thing, it's going to sell.

There are more books like this?!
18-12-2013, 09:50 PM
I hate the idea of banning books. I know this book is evil, but banning a book seems like a very dangerous, very slippery slope to me.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
18-12-2013, 09:58 PM
(18-12-2013 09:50 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I hate the idea of banning books. I know this book is evil, but banning a book seems like a very dangerous, very slippery slope to me.
It really is, if every book that was challenged by school boards or PTA and special interest groups was actually banned we'd have very little to read. Anything considered "unpopular" or "unpleasant" would be gone. Who would ultimately make the call?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
18-12-2013, 10:12 PM
(18-12-2013 09:58 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 09:50 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I hate the idea of banning books. I know this book is evil, but banning a book seems like a very dangerous, very slippery slope to me.
It really is, if every book that was challenged by school boards or PTA and special interest groups was actually banned we'd have very little to read. Anything considered "unpopular" or "unpleasant" would be gone. Who would ultimately make the call?

I'm pretty sure there is more to the case of wanting a book taken off the shelves because it advocates violence against children than it being unpopular. The violence part does tend to make me side with the 'get this thing away from humanity' crowd.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-12-2013, 10:58 PM
(18-12-2013 10:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 09:58 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  It really is, if every book that was challenged by school boards or PTA and special interest groups was actually banned we'd have very little to read. Anything considered "unpopular" or "unpleasant" would be gone. Who would ultimately make the call?

I'm pretty sure there is more to the case of wanting a book taken off the shelves because it advocates violence against children than it being unpopular. The violence part does tend to make me side with the 'get this thing away from humanity' crowd.

It's not the point though. Can you imagine if the government mandated what books you're allowed to read? Haven't you ever read Farenheit 451?

"The books are to remind us what asses and fool we are. They're Caeser's praetorian guard, whispering as the parade roars down the avenue, "Remember, Caeser, thou art mortal." Most of us can't rush around, talking to everyone, know all the cities of the world, we haven't time, money or that many friends. The things you're looking for, Montag, are in the world, but the only way the average chap will ever see ninety-nine per cent of them is in a book."

Just because a book is filled with evil doesn't make it a bad book. In that book a piece of history will be stored. One day in the future people will see this book and it will remind them to keep looking forward and steering away from this lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
19-12-2013, 02:06 AM
There are simply some materials in printed form that you don't want adults to read because they will use that information in a negative way.

Formulas for chemical weapons of mass destruction.
Information about biological weapons that can kill half the population.

This book is and it's teachings are causing the deaths of children.
Removing it from publication is the moral thing to do.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
23-12-2013, 09:13 AM
I take it then, that no one wants to talk with me by Skype or phone to see how real Christians discipline their children, and to discuss the subtleties of the Pearls' book and philosophy?