Today I feel like that guy from The Matrix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2013, 07:31 PM
RE: Today I feel like that guy from The Matrix
In the past I was a youth and children's pastor. There's a certain amount of respect and ego gratification that I got out of it. Having all the answers was cool too. Boxed my superwoman cape up along with my bible.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jkbtulsa's post
06-07-2013, 06:57 AM
RE: Today I feel like that guy from The Matrix
Alright Lord Erxy, I am going to say something nice to you, please don't expect it again!

I think many people that go into ministry are good, thoughtful individuals. They enjoy helping people and being there for them in times when others would rather not. I always thought many ministers would make good therapists and social workers (without the Jebus card to play). They really want to help. Yes, I would put you in this category, now I probably need a therapist Smile

The day to day grind of a regular job would leave someone like you without the same feeling of accomplishment. Could you find a volunteer opportunity that would allow you to help others? Schooling for a MSW etc. I think would suit you best as you could actually do some good.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
12-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Today I feel like that guy from The Matrix
(06-07-2013 06:57 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Alright Lord Erxy, I am going to say something nice to you, please don't expect it again!

I think many people that go into ministry are good, thoughtful individuals. They enjoy helping people and being there for them in times when others would rather not. I always thought many ministers would make good therapists and social workers (without the Jebus card to play). They really want to help. Yes, I would put you in this category, now I probably need a therapist Smile

The day to day grind of a regular job would leave someone like you without the same feeling of accomplishment. Could you find a volunteer opportunity that would allow you to help others? Schooling for a MSW etc. I think would suit you best as you could actually do some good.

Thanks, Atheist KC. I appreciate the sentiments that I'll never hear out of you again!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post