Today I started asking questions...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2015, 04:48 AM
RE: Today I started asking questions...
I honestly cannot imagine what you must be going through. I feel utterly useless in not being able to help. Please know that I care and that I wish you the very best of luck.

I wish I had more to give. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Today I started asking questions...
(15-07-2015 04:48 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I honestly cannot imagine what you must be going through. I feel utterly useless in not being able to help. Please know that I care and that I wish you the very best of luck.

I wish I had more to give. Sad

Thank you Banjo! Take solace in knowing that at least I am through my own cognitive dissonance and must just get through the remainder. I can't imagine the joy I will feel when completely unyoked from all this bondage! Fuck, it will feel good!

I appreciate the kind words sir! Smile

**Crickets** -- God
15-07-2015, 07:57 AM
RE: Today I started asking questions...
I like the way your brain works, Tonechaser. I think you'll do just fine. Keep struggling with difficult and painful ideas, keep holding on to your beliefs to the exact (and only to the) degree that you can support those beliefs with Reason, and don't let the power of social pressure make you feel you should feel something else.

We're always here to support you and/or offer analysis if you feel you need the intellectual "hug" of not being The Only One In The World™, as atheism can often seem.

It's getting better, rapidly, on that issue; the younger generation is far more skeptical, in large part due to the ready availability of good information on subjects that were previously easy for charlatans to fool their masses about.

Kurt Vonnegut's short essay, which I call "Guessers", has always been of help to me, in that regard.

http://particle.physics.ucdavis.edu/Misc...lweis.html

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post