Today in class

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Today in class
Hey everyone, I have been gone for over a month because I have been so busy. I was a regular on here for a while. Anyway in my Sociology class today people were using the Bible to reference what society should be like. One thing they said is that gay marriage should be illegal, and what not. I replied that the Bible also says that if a guy rapes a girl he has to marry her. That the Bible is outdated and the authors wrote in their time and context. They actually somewhat agreed!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2010, 04:57 PM
RE: Today in class
Yay you're back!

Anyways, that is pretty amazing. I haven't heard many good things come from telling Bible wielding school kids anything negative against the Bible.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
17-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:I replied that the Bible also says that if a guy rapes a girl he has to marry her.
And the girl has to marry him. Picking up women bible-style. Smile

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
17-11-2010, 09:24 AM

(16-11-2010 04:39 PM)omega21 Wrote:  They actually somewhat agreed!

Looks like you still have some work to do. Hahaha.
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Wait you mean they actually listened? I love the people who take those verses and say oh he is anti gay cause of the man shall not lie with a man like one with a woman.. but over look the fact in the same book it says no shell fish, no touching dead pigs skin (sorry football fans), no sex with woman while she bleeds, no cutting your hair.... ect ect... Nice to hear some people are starting to not just jam fingers in their ears and just blindly go on.

(16-11-2010 04:39 PM)omega21 Wrote:  Hey everyone, I have been gone for over a month because I have been so busy. I was a regular on here for a while. Anyway in my Sociology class today people were using the Bible to reference what society should be like. One thing they said is that gay marriage should be illegal, and what not. I replied that the Bible also says that if a guy rapes a girl he has to marry her. That the Bible is outdated and the authors wrote in their time and context. They actually somewhat agreed!
17-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah I was surprised that they actually were a little open minded. Usually religious people tend to ignore what they here if it goes against the Bible. There is no point in ever referencing the Bible. All it is, is an outdated book written by a bunch of unknown authors that wrote it in their time and place. They had no clue as to what the world would be like today. Granted there are a few good passages as in don't hate, don't steal, don't murder, and don't cheat on your wife, etc... but those very few good passages predate the Bible anyway. I don't think that there is much originality in there at all.
17-11-2010, 03:37 PM

lol as far as those verse of don't hate you might want to point those out to the people who sit outside and picket prop 8, and yell at all the homosexuals that we will burn in hell for the EVIL CRIME of loving another human being...