Today is DND

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2012, 05:05 PM
RE: Today is DND
(19-01-2012 04:53 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-01-2012 04:07 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Arizona doesn't have a big race problem. Well, maybe a race of illegal immigrants.

I don't know, I don't live there.
I do know that back in the 80s they were boycotted for not recognizing the day of commemorating MLK. They finally began to recognize the date in 1994 in order to get government funding.

But like I said, I don't live there, so shouldn't comment.
But here's a guy who does live there... Smile
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47293.html

One thing I know is to never trust a Politico article. But how stupid is that? A state doesn't want to acknowledge a holiday so they don't get fed funding? I think we have to many stupid federal holidays anyway. Any excuse for government workers to get a day off.

Federal holidays that are stupid and shouldn't warrant a day off.

Veterans Day
Memorial Day
Labor Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Any president's birthday

Before you know it the mail won't run on mothers and fathers day.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
19-01-2012, 05:36 PM
(19-01-2012 05:05 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Before you know it the mail won't run on mothers and fathers day.

They are probably going to stop running the mail on Saturdays so ... yes. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Ah, Dead. That was what I didn't figure out. Still, why do you all write about this and you are all scared to write it down? Strange people. We had a whole topics about the "nigga" and "niger" words, so what the problem? Oh wait, did HoC start this thread? It figures...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-01-2012, 09:41 AM
(19-01-2012 05:36 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-01-2012 05:05 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Before you know it the mail won't run on mothers and fathers day.

They are probably going to stop running the mail on Saturdays so ... yes. Shy

Doubt it. Postal workers don't want lost wages so they will continue to raise the cost of stamps and pander to the federal government for subsidies until the program becomes as unsustainable as Social Security. They get paid for federal holidays though so they don't care about those.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
22-01-2012, 08:51 PM
(19-01-2012 05:05 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Federal holidays that are stupid and shouldn't warrant a day off.

Veterans Day
Memorial Day
Labor Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Any president's birthday

You're probably just pissed because your greedy ass boss don't give you those days off. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-01-2012, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 09:46 PM by houseofcantor.)
(20-01-2012 02:48 AM)Filox Wrote:  Ah, Dead. That was what I didn't figure out. Still, why do you all write about this and you are all scared to write it down? Strange people. We had a whole topics about the "nigga" and "niger" words, so what the problem? Oh wait, did HoC start this thread? It figures...

Smile

My boss called it Dead Nigger Day; I love my boss. Early experience with simulation was me "getting ready to take a bullet for him." He'd be driving that big ol' Ram around, windows down, "nigger this, spic that; fucking wetback..."

Sounds pretty "racist," huh? Just the way he learned to communicate; I can tell you now it is a moral thing. Because he's still alive, and I never hadda act out the sims. That's the way life taught him to evaluate a man, these are valid stereotypes in the context of his life experience; and nobody would step up, why? Because he has that kind of "pure heart;" he proved himself to himself, he expects others to prove themselves to him. Cannot blame him when I see the bullshit caused by PC.

Usually I don't say nigger, I say black. I'm prejudiced. If there's four blacks walking down the street; I'll kick up the "jedi mind tricks," it's an expectation of trouble. (jedi mind tricks work, fool Big Grin) But if there's one black guy, I'm more likely to be friendly; this is just practical stereotype based upon experience. Natives, Mexicans, and blacks; those are my "favorites." These are some interesting people. Whites? There's so many I've run across that just feel "entitled," it bugs me.

My man Jay, originally told me to avoid Phoenix because of the natives. He was definitely right, in the sense of me and a bunch of natives; that ain't a criminal element, that's a criminal compound. Big Grin

I avoid 'em now, from experience - I mean, quantities of alcohol that kill normal herds of elephants experience. Tongue

Sure, I can speculate; but every native I've met and hung around with, it's like - let's get something to drink... and that's it. This ain't "racial profiling," this is me talking like a fucking human being; anybody takes this shit personal is a fucking idiot. I can toss my Irish ass in the mix... like alcohol and poetry and Gwynnies... and yeah, a sleight becomes a life or death struggle in an instant. Donchu know no mics? Big Grin

But I like Martin Luther King Day. It's got it all over shit like Christmas.
(19-01-2012 05:05 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Federal holidays that are stupid and shouldn't warrant a day off.

Veterans Day
Memorial Day
Labor Day
MLK Day
Columbus Day
Any president's birthday

Before you know it the mail won't run on mothers and fathers day.

Here's my spin: Veteran's, Memorial, and Independence should be rolled into one - and should be spun up like Christmas in this fucking country. Columbus Day? Fuck that... gimme a Leif Ericson Day. Labor Day? Yeah, let's celebrate wage slavery... not. We got Paddy's and DND; Cinco de Mayo - holiday. Something Italian, something Norwegian, something German, something English... or perhaps the whole first week of May; some melting pot shit, that's what I'm talking about.
(19-01-2012 09:33 AM)kim Wrote:  Oh... HoC is currently living in ARIZONA...
Just think for a moment about that... and Martin Luther King.

Dead
N
Day

Piece of shit Arizona.
My NYC buds call it Racist Arizona.
Fucking Arizona. Dodgy

It is nasty here. It's that snowbird shit, combined with redneck ignorance. When I was a nobody living in the bushes, and news was whether or not my house was flooded, Arizona was all right. But working? I mention how i love my boss? We don't talk about Mexicans or immigration policy. Other people I don't even start; cause I wanna start busting skulls. And I'm a mic, not a Mexican; but them mofos, I'm not hearing smack talk about 'em. They work their ass off - sure there's this "exploitive element," like all peeps - but my experience with them ( and I'm talking a fuckload ) - they got a way of talking and living and communicating - and once it's que tal 'migo, it's rock and roll. People get up in arms about America for Americans - Hulk smash - America is what it is from the kind of spirit these peeps can bring to the table.

But if I go downtown, talk like that? Better be wearing a vest, and no joke. Why I'm outta here; like Riddick says, ain't my fight. If I'm gonna go from being a nobody to a somebody, I gotta be in a state that shares my state of mind. Massatuky led the charge with gay marriage and is seriously considering marijuana legalization, and I gotta go there anyway? That might be - coincident. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-01-2012, 04:06 AM
Hahahaha, your boss sounds so God damn stereo-typical... Like he just walked out of a movie where they want to show some "redneck" driving in his pickup... Funny.

Smile

"We don't take kindly to your kind around here..."

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Redneck; like having subscription radio to listen to NASCAR as philosophy 24/7? Angel

Chelsea fits the cowboy stereotype from boots to name; can't even talk with him about racial philosophy - a nigger is this and a wetback is that and they all need to get the fuck out - but when there's a job needing doing he's the kind of jobber to get it done. If there's a black or Mexican that just so happens to have done the job alongside him; he has no qualms about telling them about niggers and spics and where they need to go. Big Grin

Yeah, that's my closest friend in AZ; we talk for about fifteen minutes every six months, but we got a date for the weekend as this cowpoke is rolling outta Dodge... if I hound him about it. In terms of naive philosophy; we're both of the "elder sage" variety in that both of us know the answer to life's question in the context of our being... leaving him to talk about NASCAR and me to talk about Gwyneth...

You might have noticed I talk about Gwyneth rather frequently; that's because that girl is more important than breathing but most people got the wrong idea about life... what color is that neck? Big Grin

Reminds me of that girl trying to speak out about racial equality by empathizing with the plight of the black man... she's my sweet everything so of course she can't be, like, wrong; I just gotta make pretend some events never occurred. Big Grin

Yeah, if it wasn't for the mail, life would be meaningless. But every once in a while, I move the contents of the box to the bin. Doing my part, for capitalism in America. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2012, 02:16 PM
(25-01-2012 08:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah, if it wasn't for the mail, life would be meaningless. But every once in a while, I move the contents of the box to the bin. Doing my part, for capitalism in America. Angel

When you don't have cable and your Netflix movie doesn't show up because it's MLK Day life can seem very meaningless.

-Mark Twain
25-01-2012, 03:37 PM
(25-01-2012 08:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Redneck; like having subscription radio to listen to NASCAR as philosophy 24/7? Angel

Chelsea fits the cowboy stereotype from boots to name; can't even talk with him about racial philosophy - a nigger is this and a wetback is that and they all need to get the fuck out - but when there's a job needing doing he's the kind of jobber to get it done. If there's a black or Mexican that just so happens to have done the job alongside him; he has no qualms about telling them about niggers and spics and where they need to go. Big Grin

Yeah, that's my closest friend in AZ; we talk for about fifteen minutes every six months, but we got a date for the weekend as this cowpoke is rolling outta Dodge... if I hound him about it. ...

Hmm... Arizona sounds a lot like Kansas.
A bit more subtle here, though. Have to get to know someone real well before the revelations venture out into the wide open prairie.

Then someone decided to push a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage and well... this begat the infamous bumper sticker: Kansas: as bigoted as you think

Topeka
— House Speaker Mike O'Neal, R-Hutchinson, has forwarded an email to fellow House Republicans that refers to first lady Michelle Obama as "Mrs. YoMama" and compares a photograph of her to a picture of the Grinch.
"Twins separated at birth?" the subject line of the email says.
After putting up an initial defense, Kansas House Speaker Mike O’Neal today relented and apologized for an e-mail he forwarded to fellow Republican lawmakers calling first lady Michelle Obama “Mrs. YoMama.”,,,,,,I’ve had bad hair days too. I forwarded it too quickly missing the text included in the body of the email. To those I have offended, I am sorry. That was not at all my intent.”

I once thought by staying in my home state, I could at least make an influential difference.
Why the fuck do I bother? Rolleyes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post