Today's "customized" cars.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Today's "customized" cars.
In a word - LAME!!!

Back in the day, if you cruised the high school parking lot, you'd be able to tell which kids had money to burn. If a kid's 69 Nova had a big block engine with dual quad carbs sticking out the hood, and monster set of slicks on the back with the back end jacked up a foot in the air you knew he had a few bucks.

Furthermore he had a reason for doing what he did. He wanted to go faster than anybody else in the parking lot. And he probably could.

Now kids put stupid looking 2 foot high spoilers on the back end of car that serve no purpose whatsoever. A spoiler is put on the back of a race car to keep the back end on the ground and increase traction. I hate to tell you Bucky but that Honda Civic you're driving is front-wheel drive and that spoiler is just adding aerodynamic drag. It's not helping.

Then there's the 26in rims that make your piece of crap look like a Conestoga wagon. Not only does it look like one it probably handles like one as well.

Don't even get me started on the stupid shifter knobs that these little dweeb stick on their ride. And tearing out interior trim and painting it with paint, what the fuck is that about?

The worst one I seen was a twat who did the interior in a Halo theme. I guess I don't have to tell you the master chief wouldn't be impressed.

FYI - adding stereos with decibel levels that exceed nuclear disarmament treaties might seem like a cool thing to do, but if you're going to, keep it off the street. You're a hazard to other drivers and yourself and you're pissing off children, old people and the dogs with the noise.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-08-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Today's "customized" cars.
Foil!
Foil that is supposed to make parts of your car look like carbon! Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
21-08-2017, 10:32 AM
(21-08-2017 09:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In a word - LAME!!!

Back in the day, if you cruised the high school parking lot, you'd be able to tell which kids had money to burn. If a kid's 69 Nova had a big block engine with dual quad carbs sticking out the hood, and monster set of slicks on the back with the back end jacked up a foot in the air you knew he had a few bucks.

Furthermore he had a reason for doing what he did. He wanted to go faster than anybody else in the parking lot. And he probably could.

Now kids put stupid looking 2 foot high spoilers on the back end of car that serve no purpose whatsoever. A spoiler is put on the back of a race car to keep the back end on the ground and increase traction. I hate to tell you Bucky but that Honda Civic you're driving is front-wheel drive and that spoiler is just adding aerodynamic drag. It's not helping.

Then there's the 26in rims that make your piece of crap look like a Conestoga wagon. Not only does it look like one it probably handles like one as well.

Don't even get me started on the stupid shifter knobs that these little dweeb stick on their ride. And tearing out interior trim and painting it with paint, what the fuck is that about?

The worst one I seen was a twat who did the interior in a Halo theme. I guess I don't have to tell you the master chief wouldn't be impressed.

FYI - adding stereos with decibel levels that exceed nuclear disarmament treaties might seem like a cool thing to do, but if you're going to, keep it off the street. You're a hazard to other drivers and yourself and you're pissing off children, old people and the dogs with the noise.

I've never really done modification work to my cars, but I always maintained that if I did I did not want anyone to be able to see that it was modified. Kind of a wolf in sheep's clothing take. Now I tend to drive more noticeable cars anyway, so there may not be that much benefit in it, but I would never put any stickers that disclosed my choice of forced induction, or cold air intake, or whatever. And I would avoid any obvious tells like tires that are 6 inches wider than they should be, or a fire extinguisher in the cabin, etc.
[+] 1 user Likes Stefan Mayerschoff's post
21-08-2017, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 08:04 PM by SYZ.)
You mean like..... This embarrassing Honda Civic ricer?

[Image: 1998-honda-civic-hatch-back-ricer-modified-airbrush.jpg]

Facepalm

This thing couldn't even drag the skin off a custard!

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
21-08-2017, 08:23 PM
I learned to drive a stick in a '66 GTO with a Le Mans front end. Was painted sort of a brownish/ bronze color, had a Hurst Transmission, Cragar wheels, glass packs, and was jacked up in the back to a ridiculous level. The clutch was a mother to depress! I was pretty small and would have to leverage myself against the back of the seat to even get the pedal to the floor. There were other specs that I don't remember any more beyond the fact that it had a small steering wheel and wide tires on the back.

Everyone knew that car...it belonged to a really bad boy in town who I dated for a few years off and on. People noticed that car...it was a nice looking muscle car.

The interior was kind of crap...not real bad but definitely could have used some interior work.

It was loud and that damn thing was FAST! Holy crap, it was fast. I don't think I ever let on just how fast I had it a few times.

I don't see many cars that make me look twice any more. Back when I was in my teens and 20s there were a lot of good looking cars around the town where I grew up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-08-2017, 06:01 AM
Some kid in a nearby town customized one of those little baby pickup trucks. He lowered the suspension so he has ridiculously low ground clearance. It looks stupid. He also played with the exhaust and let us just say he didn't enhance anything there either.

We have a lot of the customized cars around town similar to the newer ones described above and if I had a soul, a little bit of it would die whenever I see one.

My first car was a 75 Olds Cutlass with a 350 4bbl. Totaled it before I could afford any mods. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
23-08-2017, 01:29 AM
LOL...

Quote:Some kid in a nearby town customized one of those little baby pickup trucks. He lowered the suspension so he has ridiculously low ground clearance.

[Image: $_20.JPG]

This is the Oz equivalent. Yuck. Gasp

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
23-08-2017, 06:09 AM
(23-08-2017 01:29 AM)SYZ Wrote:  LOL...

Quote:Some kid in a nearby town customized one of those little baby pickup trucks. He lowered the suspension so he has ridiculously low ground clearance.

[Image: $_20.JPG]

This is the Oz equivalent. Yuck. Gasp

Real handy if you're a midget delivering pizzas on the Bonneville Salt Flats.... Other than that, a really stupid waste of a truck.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-08-2017, 07:15 PM
[Image: sXRjT70_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape...elity=high]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
29-08-2017, 07:27 PM
(29-08-2017 07:15 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: sXRjT70_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape...elity=high]

And I thought you couldn't get Quaaludes anymore...

That thing, whatever the hell it is, proves otherwise...

Cuz damn.... It took some serious shit to come up with that!