Today's face palm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Today's face palm
So, a few years ago I was sitting at the ocean with a friend's husband, just talking and watching the sunset. I forget where my friend had gone, but it's immaterial anyways.

Well, during the conversation, somehow he started telling me about being attracted to other men. He seemed to be quite upset about it, and I found myself reassuring him that it was ok.

Fast forward some 5 years. I am chatting with him online - he is looking for a new job and I was seeing if I could help him along. We end up just shooting the shit and he starts talking about how gays were so in your face today, and how it just wasn't right. And how he had nothing against them but he just didn't want it in his face.

HELLO? DID YOU FORGET OUR CONVERSATION?

Confused

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Today's face palm
that's weird.

I would have asked him about the conversation on the beach.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
21-01-2014, 05:43 PM
(21-01-2014 05:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, a few years ago I was sitting at the ocean with a friend's husband, just talking and watching the sunset. I forget where my friend had gone, but it's immaterial anyways.

Well, during the conversation, somehow he started telling me about being attracted to other men. He seemed to be quite upset about it, and I found myself reassuring him that it was ok.

Fast forward some 5 years. I am chatting with him online - he is looking for a new job and I was seeing if I could help him along. We end up just shooting the shit and he starts talking about how gays were so in your face today, and how it just wasn't right. And how he had nothing against them but he just didn't want it in his face.

Confused

He's obviously fighting his inner gayness like all latent gays do.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
21-01-2014, 05:51 PM
(21-01-2014 05:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, a few years ago I was sitting at the ocean with a friend's husband, just talking and watching the sunset. I forget where my friend had gone, but it's immaterial anyways.

Confused

People change over time. How old is he?
21-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Meh, some men have bisexual fantasies too. They aren't gay and don't identify that way. They just suddenly develop an interest in smoking dick.

Sometimes they act on it most often it just remains a weird fantasy they jerk to.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-01-2014, 05:58 PM
On second thought, I think he's been struggling over the same issue for years. It seems he's got his natural desires in conflict with his religious/political ideology/beliefs.
21-01-2014, 06:00 PM
He's 55. He was 50 when we had the talk. I strongly doubt anything changed. I think he just forgot he told me. He had told me about how he had been attracted to men since he was a teen.

He seemed in much pain about it then. So, when he said this stuff today, I said: "Oh, but you know that's a good thing. You don't have to say things to me that you may need to say to others around you..." and I changed the subject. The discomfort was palpable, even on the interwebs.

He has a strange marriage - they don't get along too well. They live in South Carolina. If you ever watched "swamp people" ( I actually have not myself) his wife has relations there. They both worked for me at one point. She drove me bonkers, but he was nice to work with.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Alot of homosexuals or bisexual men take refuge in being biggoted homophobes, rather than outing themselves.

Some of the worst homophobes are closet gays.

When I see some preacher or rightwinger rant against homosexuality, I see a pathetic old man desperatly wanting to scream "Give me cock!!"

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 5 users Like The Germans are coming's post
21-01-2014, 06:11 PM
(21-01-2014 06:05 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Alot of homosexuals or bisexual men take refuge in being biggoted homophobes, rather than outing themselves.

Some of the worst homophobes are closet gays.

When I see some preacher or rightwinger rant against homosexuality, I see a pathetic old man desperatly wanting to scream "Give me cock!!"

Stop making baby Jesus cry!!!

[Image: haggard_190.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like TheBear's post
21-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Funny, my mom threw up a fuss just yesterday about gays being "in your face" - at one point in time (this was at some time in the past, she just brought it up again yesterday) she went to the gas station and a woman came out of the store and smiled at her and said "Hey, mama" and apparently my mom freaked out.

My dad got hit on once up in Dallas at a music store. At the cash register, the cashier asked how he was doing and my dad said "I'm fine" and the guy goes "Yes, you are" - lol. I thought it was funny/sweet, actually.

Anyway, I just don't see how either of those incidents constitutes someone having their homosexuality "in your face" but maybe I'm just not as uptight about that kind of thing. My mom was saying that their Sunday School teacher was talking about how gays don't reproduce they "recruit" people. To what, I don't know. To homosexuality?

If a woman flirts with me, and especially if she's cute, I consider it a compliment. Just because she flirted with me doesn't mean I have to sleep with her - I loves the menfolk - but it isn't hurting me in any way. Jeebus.

But I'm the kind of person to where if I see a same-sex couple out and proud in public, I feel all happy inside for them. Heh, kind of like the way I felt happy and proud inside when, earlier tonight, I purchased Hitchens' God is Not Great from my local B&N.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post