Today the pope said.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: Today the pope said.....
I think Tim Minchin summed it up pretty well... Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
16-01-2015, 09:19 AM
The pope is missing an important point here. Free societies are only really free when they allow people to have and express unpopular and minority opinions. You can be turned off by the message of Charlie Hedro, or the Westboro Baptist church, or the Ku Klux Klan and still defend their right to be heard. The way you combat bad ideas is by shining the light of truth on them.

If religion, or racism, or any concept is a good idea, then it should be defended on its merit. Once you need to enforce your ideas with violence, you've lost the debate. Once you've agreed some ideas should be silenced, you've lost a free society.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
16-01-2015, 10:05 AM
(16-01-2015 09:19 AM)BnW Wrote:  The pope is missing an important point here. Free societies are ...
The Vatican is not a free society. It's a theocracy.

And the Pope knows that.

I doubt the Vatican has an extradition treaty with any other country.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
16-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Pope says to "expect a punch" as the proper response to insult. Did he forget about Matthew 5:39 "Turn the other cheek"? (see attached)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

16-01-2015, 06:39 PM
(16-01-2015 03:12 PM)Chodukno Wrote:  Pope says to "expect a punch" as the proper response to insult. Did he forget about Matthew 5:39 "Turn the other cheek"? (see attached)

Can't hear you! Convenience urge incoming!

It is funny to hear cherry-picking believers talk about the deadly effects of words. Bullets are child's play next to words, people! Be quiet and put up with it, lest you hurt superiority complexes out there!

The pope hurt its so called progressive posture today Facepalm Had to happen at some point or another.
16-01-2015, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2015 09:10 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-01-2015 03:12 PM)Chodukno Wrote:  Pope says to "expect a punch" as the proper response to insult. Did he forget about Matthew 5:39 "Turn the other cheek"? (see attached)

He was just grumpy cuz his beanie flew off in the wind when he was coming out of his plane. You have any idea how much pope beanies cost ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-01-2015, 09:54 PM
(16-01-2015 09:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

He was just grumpy cuz his beanie flew off in the wind when he was coming out of his plane. You have any idea how much pope beanies cost ?

It really was comica
The Pope lost his yamaka

Don't ask me why but I'm amused by the part where the guy on screen right is signaling someone to go get it.

When you go out in the wind with unsecured headgear you're likely to get it blown off. I bet a statistical study would reveal it happens to church leaders just as often as to lay people.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
16-01-2015, 10:47 PM
How did the pope's mom get pregnant?

She dressed up as an alter boy.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
17-01-2015, 08:35 AM
(16-01-2015 09:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He was just grumpy cuz his beanie flew off in the wind when he was coming out of his plane. You have any idea how much pope beanies cost ?

The wind takes his beanie and the rain forces him to change plans... you'd think he'd see that somebody is trying to tell him to just shut the fuck up already...
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
17-01-2015, 08:56 AM
(16-01-2015 09:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Hat be all "I belieeeeve I can flyyyyyy!"

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?