Told I couldn't wear a particular pair of pants at work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: Told I couldn't wear a particular pair of pants at work
It has always boggled my mind how companies like this get any actual fucking work done when you have petty fools like this as managers. lol Worrying about pants resembling sweat pants when others are wearing sweat pants.

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
16-08-2015, 10:27 PM
(15-08-2015 10:16 AM)jerseygirlar Wrote:  I work in a very casual office setting. It's so informal people wear jeans to work everyday and so we don't really have a dress code. However last week I was pulled aside from my supervisor and told I couldn't wear my favorite pair of pants anymore. They are dressy casual pants that are fairly loose fitting, and I was told they give the appearance of sweatpants. I've work these a dozen time before and have never been told that I couldn't wear them. My coworkers frequently wear actual sweatpants and have never been told they could not wear them anymore. I feel like I'm being treated like a child when I was lectured. I'm 23, but my supervisor is only 28 and her tone was pretty condescending. When I stated I did not think they were sweatpants she just said they were. This isn't a big deal, but I needed to vent a bit. Just one of those small things that can get under your skin and bug you.

Your level of interaction with customers or vendors can make a difference in how important dress might be. This issue just came up at my place of work as a question (enforcing and updating a generically worded "business casual" dress requirement), and we gave thought to the possible need to make it an issue with certain positions more than others.

It's also possible that the manager has just decided to start talking to individuals about certain types of dress and you were lucky to be the first to be talked to. Since you have worn them a number of times before without comment from the manager, it seems that it has only been an issue recently. If others continue to wear sweatpants to the office after her talk with you, then you might have a concern about disparate treatment.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
18-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Switch to sweatpants. They're far more comfortable but it's harder to hide a spontaneous woodie.

#sigh
19-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Pic of the pants in question?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post