Tolerance.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Tolerance.
Where a forum claiming intelligence tolerates death wishes, along with eternal torture, via neg rep points, to a fellow member, it really beggars belief.

Quite clearly, in the main, most of the banter here involves cheap shot stupidity, ridiculing others, and fatuous arguments claiming some bizarre but non existent credibility.

One must surely question the real intelligence of posters, except for the rare few who vainly attempt to lift the incredulously low standards.

For goodness sake TTA try and engage in more valuable debates and forget about the soul destroying drivel and its ultra boring perpetrators.

I will eagerly await sign of at least some improvement before posting again.

''Though they go mad,they shall be sane
Though they sink through the seas they shall rise again' Dylan Thomas.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
27-02-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: Tolerance.

[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
27-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Intolerance will not be tolerated.

(That's not relevant to the topic at hand, but it's clever)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2013, 01:10 AM
This is a tad overdue. I've been waiting for someone to say something for awhile now. I would've done it myself but you know.....it wouldn't sound right coming from me. Good on you Mr Woof.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
27-02-2013, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 01:42 AM by bemore.)
I know im guilty of this slightly myself but I do wonder why people do put so much effort in debating some of the theists that come here (im thinking pleasejesus as the most recent)

I dont understand/empathise... yet at the same time I do appreciate that people have religion rammed down their throats a whole lot more than what happens in the UK and other countries, so if something is affecting your day to day life I can understand why people do give the discussions with theists a lot of attention as it affects them more than it may others.

With regards to tolerance, id like to remind people that if they feel that they are having a problem then they can voice their concerns in the forum team section.

You have consciously forgotten you're breathing until you just read this. Why not take a few nice... slow.... and long deep breathes now you're aware.

Chill

Cool
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
27-02-2013, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 05:26 PM by Mr Woof.)
(27-02-2013 01:38 AM)bemore Wrote:  I know im guilty of this slightly myself but I do wonder why people do put so much effort in debating some of the theists that come here (im thinking pleasejesus as the most recent)

I dont understand/empathise... yet at the same time I do appreciate that people have religion rammed down their throats a whole lot more than what happens in the UK and other countries, so if something is affecting your day to day life I can understand why people do give the discussions with theists a lot of attention as it affects them more than it may others.

With regards to tolerance, id like to remind people that if they feel that they are having a problem then they can voice their concerns in the forum team section.
I will continue my endeavours to lift the intellectual standards of this forum, when and if posts of a high standard present themselves.

Sadly it would seem robust debate has been hi jacked by adolescents and older people (they should know better) who see their worth in smart gimicry, insults,sneers, and ignorant jibes. The forum has plenty of places for videos, familial issues, rants. recipes, small talk etc, so why must attempts at serious debates be impinged upon by trouble makers who refuse to engage arguments in any serious sense.

As for the forum team, its popular leader has not earned his place by strong theological argument.Surely not!
It is strange that a theist of dubious beliefs, even in that strange world of Christendom, is so revered on an atheist forum. Another moderator sees his 'quick wit' as the cure all for any dissent beyond the self limiting box of his quite rigid value systems.......hardly much point in approaching these people.

Persist I will however, despite all the barbs, and hopefully TTA forum will see fit to separate the more serious efforts of communication from those of less serious objectives.

''Though they go mad,they shall be sane
Though they sink through the seas they shall rise again' Dylan Thomas.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
27-02-2013, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 05:05 PM by Chas.)
(27-02-2013 04:00 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 01:38 AM)bemore Wrote:  I know im guilty of this slightly myself but I do wonder why people do put so much effort in debating some of the theists that come here (im thinking pleasejesus as the most recent)

I will continue my endeavours to lift the intellectual standards of this forum, when and if posts of a high standard present themselves.

Sadly it would seem robust debate has been hi jacked by adolescents and older people (they should know better) who see their worth in smart gimicry, insults,sneers, and ignorant jibes. The forum has plenty of places for videos, familial issues, rants. recipes, small talk etc, so why must attempts at serious debates be impinged upon by trouble makers who refuse to engage arguments in any serious sense.

As for the forum team, its popular leader has not earned his place by strong theological argument.Surely not!
It is strange that a theist of dubious beliefs, even in that strange world of Christendom, is so revered on an atheist forum. Another moderator see his 'quick wit' as the cure all for any dissent beyond the self limiting box of his quite rigid value systems.......hardly much point in approaching these people.

Persist I will however, despite all the barbs, and hopefully TTA forum will see fit to separate the more serious efforts of communication from those of less serious objectives.

You could try http://www.atheistforums.org if you don't like it here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2013, 05:03 PM
(27-02-2013 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  You could try http://www.atheistforums.org if you don't like it here.
Fixed.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-02-2013, 05:04 PM
(27-02-2013 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  You could try http://www.aheistforums.org if you don't like it here.

That would feel quite a bit like cheating on your wife though, wouldn't it?

Might need a hall pass.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
27-02-2013, 05:08 PM
cool story bro, needs more dragons.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
Yea! KC is a lying douche! he promised me choc-chip cookies and all I got was raisin.. RAISIN!!
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post