Tolerance to Alcohol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2016, 06:41 AM
Tolerance to Alcohol
My SO and I were talking last night -- and she said something that my mother said once ---- "I can't even really tell if you HAVE been drinking."

I've always liked alcohol. As a kid - (probably 11 or so) I tried beer -- it didn't take me long to develop the taste.

It's been one of those things that was always around.

But it never seemed to be a problem with me. I've never gotten into any trouble with it -- legal, or personal. I just enjoy it.

But, for me to get drunk -- it takes a fair bit. I can easily drink a pint of whiskey, and most people wouldn't even notice that I'd had a drink. If I drink much more than that - I always just fall asleep.

It even seems to be a bit "photoreactive" to me, in that if I have one or two drinks during the day -- I need a nap.....

I might go a month, or even two -- having drinks each night - and then if I don't drink - for a night, a week or even 6 months - it really doesn't bother me. After my last major motorcycle accident, I went 3 years without.

The WORST thing about drinking - especially before going to bed -- is the excess calories.... You can really pork out on it. Second worse is having to piss in the middle of the night -- why I rarely drink beer anymore.

So - how's it for you??

Friend, foe, night time sleep aid, or monkey on your back???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2016, 06:50 AM
RE: Tolerance to Alcohol
I am unable to drink these days. Although I occasionally have a beer with a meal. But not often. Too many chemicals in my body these days.

I have had some sake with a Japanese meal and just awoke with the worst hangover.

So it is better for me to avoid it.

I have seen musicians play and drink and it not effect them. I played with an ex member of Tower of power and the guy would consume 2 bottles of red per set and never missed a note. I have no idea how he did it. I'd have fallen down. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-02-2016, 07:02 AM
I have to ask, had you been drinking when you crashed your bike?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2016, 07:38 AM
I'm Irish.... nuff said. Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 6 users Like Marozz's post
12-02-2016, 07:41 AM
I really enjoy a drink, but my comfort zone is just a touch beyond tipsy and not fully drunk. Two or three beers generally gets me there, and if we're talking whiskey, a glass will usually do it. Anything more and I'll just be a mess.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
12-02-2016, 07:52 AM
(12-02-2016 07:38 AM)Marozz Wrote:  I'm Irish.... nuff said. Tongue

I'm Irish on my parent's side of the family. Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
12-02-2016, 08:07 AM
I'm a light weight. Two drinks of any sort and I'm done because I can't drive if I have more. Even two is stretching it if it's not stung out over a couple of hours and some food. When I was younger I could hold more but then I drank more often and didn't have to drive. (I do not do drinking and driving.)

If I'm at home after two I'm just sleepy and ready for bed. I like a light buzz, tipsy and nothing more. I'm a happy drinker. I love everyone, it also makes me very amorous. Kiss

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
12-02-2016, 09:14 AM
I like to drink with friends; it's usually vodka, rum or beer. By myself I drink beer or two monthly or not at all.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-02-2016, 09:28 AM
I am not a big drinker, but I do like a glass of wine every once in awhile after a long day at work. And once in awhile, I do like going out to a tequila bar and enjoying myself a little too much Big Grin

Like Marozz, also Irish Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-02-2016, 09:44 AM
I just look at a bottle of wine and I feel drunk. Fortunately I can't stand the taste of alcohol. It all taste like shoe polish. I've had very expensive wine and blah! Yuck. I can't fathom how people drink the stuff.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post