Tolerance.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 05:08 PM
RE: Tolerance.
(27-02-2013 04:00 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 01:38 AM)bemore Wrote:  I know im guilty of this slightly myself but I do wonder why people do put so much effort in debating some of the theists that come here (im thinking pleasejesus as the most recent)

I dont understand/empathise... yet at the same time I do appreciate that people have religion rammed down their throats a whole lot more than what happens in the UK and other countries, so if something is affecting your day to day life I can understand why people do give the discussions with theists a lot of attention as it affects them more than it may others.

With regards to tolerance, id like to remind people that if they feel that they are having a problem then they can voice their concerns in the forum team section.
I will continue my endeavours to lift the intellectual standards of this forum, when and if posts of a high standard present themselves.

Sadly it would seem robust debate has been hi jacked by adolescents and older people (they should know better) who see their worth in smart gimicry, insults,sneers, and ignorant jibes. The forum has plenty of places for videos, familial issues, rants. recipes, small talk etc, so why must attempts at serious debates be impinged upon by trouble makers who refuse to engage arguments in any serious sense.

As for the forum team, its popular leader has not earned his place by strong theological argument.Surely not!
It is strange that a theist of dubious beliefs, even in that strange world of Christendom, is so revered on an atheist forum. Another moderator see his 'quick wit' as the cure all for any dissent beyond the self limiting box of his quite rigid value systems.......hardly much point in approaching these people.

Persist I will however, despite all the barbs, and hopefully TTA forum will see fit to separate the more serious efforts of communication from those of less serious objectives.

Well, KC's knowledge of the Bible and of Calvinist doctrine is quite impressive. Nutso, but impressive.

The forum team members are all approachable, and your presumption that it is pointless to approach some of them is insulting and ignorant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-02-2013, 05:12 PM
(27-02-2013 05:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  cool story bro, needs more dragons.

Nah. Unicorns. Sparkly unicorns.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-02-2013, 06:04 PM
(27-02-2013 05:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 05:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  cool story bro, needs more dragons.

Nah. Unicorns. Sparkly unicorns.
Hah de hah hah...........morons at play, holding truth at bay.

All sucking up to their stupid peers and incapable of standing on their own two feet.

Pathetic syncophants!
Find all posts by this user
27-02-2013, 06:09 PM
(27-02-2013 06:04 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 05:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nah. Unicorns. Sparkly unicorns.
Hah de hah hah...........morons at play, holding truth at bay.

All sucking up to their stupid peers and incapable of standing on their own two feet.

Pathetic syncophants!

You know, Mr. Woof, you can take your humorless, pompous self elsewhere if you don't like it here.

27-02-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 06:26 PM by Mr Woof.)
(27-02-2013 06:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 06:04 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Hah de hah hah...........morons at play, holding truth at bay.

Pathetic syncophants!

You know, Mr. Woof, you can take your humorless, pompous self elsewhere if you don't like it here.
Providing I refrain from sadistic death wishes,along with wishes of eternal sufferings, to fellow members I will stay here as long as I choose to.........................Get back to your 'pet people' old man!

At least the "recommended" forum is pretty clear as to what it is about............
27-02-2013, 06:25 PM
So you don't like that people can say pretty much what they like here? Debate still goes on here always has always will. If you don't like the place feel free to leave again... How many times are you up to now? There are plenty of far less tolerant atheist forums out there if you are looking for an atheist circle jerk you wont be disappointed.
27-02-2013, 06:31 PM
(27-02-2013 06:25 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  So you don't like that people can say pretty much what they like here? Debate still goes on here always has always will. If you don't like the place feel free to leave again... How many times are you up to now? There are plenty of far less tolerant atheist forums out there if you are looking for an atheist circle jerk you wont be disappointed.
I thought you were more intelligent.
Where young people get annoyed and wish death and suffering to others, any decent moderator would at least apply a mild reprimand. How many times are you up to tolerarating absolute shit on a forum purporting to express intelligence, my friend! It would seem, indefinitely!
27-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Where the hell did I miss death threats?
Damn job, keeps me from the good stuff.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-02-2013, 06:36 PM
(27-02-2013 06:31 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I thought you were more intelligent.
Where young people get annoyed and wish death and suffering to others, any decent moderator would at least apply a mild reprimand. How many times are you up to tolerarating absolute shit on a forum purporting to express intelligence, my friend! It would seem, indefinitely!

So you are stamping your feet because you don't like muffs neg rep?. Get over it.

Where's the death threat?
27-02-2013, 06:37 PM
(27-02-2013 06:22 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 06:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  You know, Mr. Woof, you can take your humorless, pompous self elsewhere if you don't like it here.
Providing I refrain from sadistic death wishes,along with wishes of eternal sufferings, to fellow membersI will stay here as long as I choose to.........................Get back to your 'pet people' old man!

At least the "recommended" forum is pretty clear as to what it is about............
aaaaannnnnd like that you've lost me. Could've stopped at the first post and everything could've been fine. oh but of course not! You just had to step into the realm of hypocrisy!

Yes. There is a large amount of circle jerking on this forum (mostly with new members until they smarten up). Yes there's a lot of stupid dick waving contests around here. Yes Half the time "debating" theists like Egor and "what's his face" (I forget leave me alone) consists of childish insults and empty threats. Yes I too participate in these sometimes but that's part of the job description. You don't like it? Call it out (step one complete) and rise above it. Become that logical voice of peace and intelligence. Dick fighting with the admins really doesn't help anything.

As for Chas. Cmon buddy. I know you're better than this. Let's work something out with each other to solve the disagreements. It's not that hard.

I'm not scolding anyone, I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I just don't like civil wars.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post