Tom Magliozzi - Car Talk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2014, 07:33 AM
RE: Tom Magliozzi - Car Talk
Back in the 70's, I took my Capri to their Good News Garage to replace the front struts. I don't remember if I met either of them.

A friend I worked with had gone to MIT and knew about the place.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 07:05 AM
In case you missed it, what an infectious laugh!

http://www.cartalk.com/content/1445-tommy-riposa-pace

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Ah - I loved Tommy.

On the tribute show this week hosted by Ray, a couple of times it was apparent he got a little choked up. It highlighted some of the fun moments and hinted at Tommy's life philosophy. But the last bit was perfect - it was a show when they had their Mom as co-host. She made a little gaff and when she realized it, she started laughing... it was very apparent where Tommy's enormous and infectious laugh came from.

A couple of years ago they announced their retirement from making new shows - Tommy said it had become more difficult to concentrate in the early stage of the disease and he wanted to enjoy what he could while he still could. I'm kind of glad it was only two years and he didn't linger too long. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-11-2014, 09:40 AM
(09-11-2014 09:34 AM)kim Wrote:  Ah - I loved Tommy.

On the tribute show this week hosted by Ray, a couple of times it was apparent he got a little choked up. It highlighted some of the fun moments and hinted at Tommy's life philosophy. But the last bit was perfect - it was a show when they had their Mom as co-host. She made a little gaff and when she realized it, she started laughing... it was very apparent where Tommy's enormous and infectious laugh came from.

A couple of years ago they announced their retirement from making new shows - Tommy said it had become more difficult to concentrate in the early stage of the disease and he wanted to enjoy what he could while he still could. I'm kind of glad it was only two years and he didn't linger too long. Shy

No matter how sad or upset I may be, all I have to do is listen to Car Talk and all is right with the world... the amazing power of laughter!

Instead of billions of people worshipping a torture event it would really help if instead they worshipped a stand up comedian.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-11-2014, 11:36 AM
One of the best things about growing up near the border was that North Country Public Radio over in New York always played Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on saturday mornings.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post