Tom Robbins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Tom Robbins
Any TR fans here???

I've read all of his books (as far as I know) - my favorites are Jitterbug Perfume and Skinny Legs and All.

The man can spin a tale that's worth contemplating.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2015, 05:08 PM
RE: Tom Robbins
I didn't know the guy from Jacobs Ladder was a writer?
22-03-2015, 05:11 PM
He's not.

That's TIM Robbins....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-03-2015, 11:11 AM
(21-03-2015 02:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Any TR fans here???

I've read all of his books (as far as I know) - my favorites are Jitterbug Perfume and Skinny Legs and All.

The man can spin a tale that's worth contemplating.

I have also read most (if not all) of his books and enjoyed them very much, although I can't name a specific favorite. I liked them all. He is one of the few writers who can make me laugh out loud while reading (others are Heller, Vonnegut, and occasionally Pynchon).
25-03-2015, 08:09 AM
Joe Heller I'm on the fence... Really liked Catch 22, but Something Happened just didn't do it for me...

25-03-2015, 08:32 AM
(25-03-2015 08:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Joe Heller I'm on the fence... Really liked Catch 22, but Something Happened just didn't do it for me...

[Image: steve-rogers-i-understood-that-reference.jpg]

The only title so far that I recognize and somewhat remember reading. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-03-2015, 02:15 PM
(25-03-2015 08:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Joe Heller I'm on the fence... Really liked Catch 22, but Something Happened just didn't do it for me...

Yes, Catch 22 was much better than anything else he wrote, and I don't think he was trying to be funny in Something Happened. But even in his later, lesser books (like Good As Gold or God Knows), there were certain things that just cracked me up. The highest percentage of such things is in Catch 22, of course.

Another one I forgot to mention is Philip Roth, who can also be very funny when he wants to be (try The Great American Novel).