Tom Short

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: Tom Short
I'm sensing some sarcasm there in your reply. Smile

Repeating - I'm asking a question touching on epistemology because the typical materialist's "I dunno, I believe what I see," doesn't cut it for expanding knowledge, esoteric knowledge, likely, even any knowledge worth knowing!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Right, you prefer "I dunno, I believe what I don't see." Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2014, 02:24 PM
(03-12-2014 11:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm sensing some sarcasm there in your reply. Smile

Repeating - I'm asking a question touching on epistemology because the typical materialist's "I dunno, I believe what I see," doesn't cut it for expanding knowledge, esoteric knowledge, likely, even any knowledge worth knowing!

You display a mindblowing lack of awareness of *anything*. Just fucking shut up. I can't bear it. Every time you type something a thousand kittens cry out in agony. You smug, self-righteous, unintelligent bastard. You insult the combined efforts of thousands of scientists with nary a care just because you like your conceited ideas about "esoteric knowledge".

GROW A PAIR, HARDEN THE FUCK UP AND STOP BITCHING BECAUSE YOUR BREATHTAKINGLY BORING IDEAS DON'T MATCH REALITY.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-12-2014, 11:18 AM
(03-12-2014 11:59 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Right, you prefer "I dunno, I believe what I don't see." Drinking Beverage

Are you calling me a materialist?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
04-12-2014, 11:22 AM
(03-12-2014 02:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 11:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm sensing some sarcasm there in your reply. Smile

You display a mindblowing lack of awareness of *anything*. Just fucking shut up. I can't bear it. Every time you type something a thousand kittens cry out in agony. You smug, self-righteous, unintelligent bastard. You insult the combined efforts of thousands of scientists with nary a care just because you like your conceited ideas about "esoteric knowledge".

GROW A PAIR, HARDEN THE FUCK UP AND STOP BITCHING BECAUSE YOUR BREATHTAKINGLY BORING IDEAS DON'T MATCH REALITY.

Are you unaware that in a world of growing specialization in science, and an ever-widening sheer amount of human knowledge, that many scientists and their work are the very embodiment of esoteric knowledge? Don't you understand that how we know scientific knowledge is as important as how we know God Himself?

We both should defend what we know and believe not with insults and complaints but with our understanding--in this case, of epistemology. What would you like me to do to enhance our dialogue? I'll do it if I can.

04-12-2014, 11:24 AM
(04-12-2014 11:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 11:59 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Right, you prefer "I dunno, I believe what I don't see." Drinking Beverage

No, a theist.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
04-12-2014, 12:00 PM
(04-12-2014 11:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  

Your reading comprehension still hasn't improved. You are an idiot.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-12-2014, 12:02 PM
(04-12-2014 11:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 02:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  You display a mindblowing lack of awareness of *anything*. Just fucking shut up. I can't bear it. Every time you type something a thousand kittens cry out in agony. You smug, self-righteous, unintelligent bastard. You insult the combined efforts of thousands of scientists with nary a care just because you like your conceited ideas about "esoteric knowledge".

Are you unaware that in a world of growing specialization in science, and an ever-widening sheer amount of human knowledge, that many scientists and their work are the very embodiment of esoteric knowledge? Don't you understand that how we know scientific knowledge is as important as how we know God Himself?

We both should defend what we know and believe not with insults and complaints but with our understanding--in this case, of epistemology. What would you like me to do to enhance our dialogue? I'll do it if I can.

Just go away, there is no enhancement possible. You believe much and know so little.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
04-12-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm underwhelmed by the recent responses. Please try again.

04-12-2014, 12:16 PM
(04-12-2014 12:13 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm underwhelmed by the recent responses. Please try again.

You get what you pay for. Drinking Beverage