Tom Short

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2014, 12:26 PM
RE: Tom Short
(17-11-2014 09:55 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I'm long past college, so no. I've never heard of the guy. But I looked at his website and it only took a minute to come across this:

Quote:Why are there atheists?
A denial of God's existence is rarely the result of genuine intellectual inquiry. It is almost always a matter of the heart and will. A person might offer various justifications for his unbelief, but ultimately simply refusing to honor God is the reason he rejects his Creator.

In one brief statement, he reveals:
a) He has no clue what he is talking about.
b) He'll post things as fact despite never having researched them to ensure accuracy.
c) He only thinks talking about men is relevant (...he rejects his Creator.)
d) He thinks his god cares that he capitalizes the "c" in "creator". Rolleyes

lol, he has it exactly backwards.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2014, 12:35 PM
I have a thought for Tom. Please be assured that God is welcome over any time.
17-11-2014, 12:36 PM
(17-11-2014 09:55 AM)Impulse Wrote:  this:

Quote:Why are there atheists?
A denial of God's existence is rarely the result of genuine intellectual inquiry. It is almost always a matter of the heart and will. A person might offer various justifications for his unbelief, but ultimately simply refusing to honor God is the reason he rejects his Creator.

From wikipedia:
Quote:Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
17-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks Q for pointing out one more ignorant closed minded theist to us.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
17-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Why are there people who are skeptical, think rationally and need evidence for their beliefs ?

My god would never create such beings.
If there are atheists, there must not be a god.

Mind Blown

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
17-11-2014, 06:49 PM
(17-11-2014 09:39 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm wondering if members here have encountered Tom Short, perhaps on their college campus:

http://www.tomthepreacher.com/

Thank you.
Never heard of the dude. Wrong country and apparently not his target market.

Also: Surprisingly poorly made website. I checked the main pages and the link Impulse supplied (thank you) and there was:
Three loading screens before reaching the information.
Slow server response time.
Low def images.
No support for the phones zoom function.

So poor presentation for a poor message. Appropriate.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
18-11-2014, 01:32 PM
(17-11-2014 06:49 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 09:39 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm wondering if members here have encountered Tom Short, perhaps on their college campus:

Thank you.
Never heard of the dude. Wrong country and apparently not his target market.

Also: Surprisingly poorly made website. I checked the main pages and the link Impulse supplied (thank you) and there was:
Three loading screens before reaching the information.
Slow server response time.
Low def images.
No support for the phones zoom function.

So poor presentation for a poor message. Appropriate.

I agree. Deeply spiritual and religious people must have a fast-loading website without lots of java so that the world may experience the numinous nearness of God at the speed of 4G with 5 bars. Thank you for that input.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2014, 01:33 PM
(17-11-2014 12:35 PM)TreeSapNest Wrote:  I have a thought for Tom. Please be assured that God is welcome over any time.

What do you mean with this comment?

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2014, 01:36 PM
(18-11-2014 01:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  What do you mean with this comment?

Facepalm

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
18-11-2014, 02:12 PM

I've spent over 10 years of my life either studying or working at a university campus in the UK and I've never once seen someone standing around on the campus grounds preaching their religion to passers by.