Tom Short

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2014, 03:02 PM
RE: Tom Short
(18-11-2014 01:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 12:35 PM)TreeSapNest Wrote:  I have a thought for Tom. Please be assured that God is welcome over any time.
What do you mean with this comment?

Tom seems to be under the impression that my pride refuses to accept God. I was rhetorically, because Tom isn't here as far as I know, assuring Tom that God is welcome to come over (visit) any time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2014, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2014 03:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-11-2014 02:12 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 09:39 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm wondering if members here have encountered Tom Short, perhaps on their college campus:

http://www.tomthepreacher.com/

I've spent over 10 years of my life either studying or working at a university campus in the UK and I've never once seen someone standing around on the campus grounds preaching their religion to passers by.

They're like soap box nuts in Hyde Park. It's quite the racket in the US. Since most of them are too dumb to actually earn academic credentials, (so they could actually WORK in a college setting), they show up uninvited to make a spectacle of religion, and engage in shouting matches.

Read the shit on his site about natural selection and bacteria. How the fuck does he thing resistance to antibiotics is passed on ? Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-11-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't know if it was this Tom Short guy, but there was a preacher that every year came to our campus and would tell various people they were going to hell for various reasons. Also had handy dandy little signs too. Of course people would go to him, both to argue back why they weren't going to hell and Christians that said he was preaching wrong (he needed to be more loving was what they'd say). He'd argue with all of them. I think my friends held up, "don't feed the troll" signs one year. No, no one has any idea how or why he's allowed to keep showing up.

[Image: notagain.gif]
18-11-2014, 03:50 PM
(17-11-2014 09:39 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm wondering if members here have encountered Tom Short, perhaps on their college campus:

http://www.tomthepreacher.com/

Thank you.

I've never seen one preacher (per se) on the grounds of my college.
Then again, my college is nothing more than a primary and a secondary school squashed administratively together and using the name...

Perhaps in the next year when I get to the university; I already know there are active evangelic elements there. Might have so preachers.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-11-2014, 05:52 PM
(18-11-2014 01:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 06:49 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Never heard of the dude. Wrong country and apparently not his target market.

Also: Surprisingly poorly made website. I checked the main pages and the link Impulse supplied (thank you) and there was:
Three loading screens before reaching the information.
Slow server response time.
Low def images.
No support for the phones zoom function.

So poor presentation for a poor message. Appropriate.

I agree. Deeply spiritual and religious people must have a fast-loading website without lots of java so that the world may experience the numinous nearness of God at the speed of 4G with 5 bars. Thank you for that input.

A) I recognize that I was being petty. I don't care. He's a dick.
B) Is the presentation of a message not important? Wüd U L13|< /\/\UD|<UP$ /\/\0r if i wrote liek this? Faggt!!!1!!!(0JASDFKLAJFKrofl Then why wouldn't another aesthetic question be valid?
C) I'm not after perfect. I'm after good.
D) The "No support for the phones zoom function" actually is important because I couldn't read the text on the various info-graphs.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 2 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
18-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Tom Short. Trying hard to become the next Ray Comfort? All he needs is to get recorded saying something _hilariously_ stupid and easily shown to be false (like Ray Comfort's banana proof of god) and he'll be set! Smile
18-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Q, why are you pointing out this twit to us?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-11-2014, 01:06 AM
(18-11-2014 10:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  Q, why are you pointing out this twit to us?

Maybe he is said twit... Drinking Beverage

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
19-11-2014, 01:33 AM
(19-11-2014 01:06 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 10:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  Q, why are you pointing out this twit to us?

Maybe he is said twit... Drinking Beverage

Aw, he's been rumbled. Now he's sad twit Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-11-2014, 04:17 AM

I was wondering the same thing myself.