Tom Short

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: Tom Short
(18-11-2014 03:02 PM)TreeSapNest Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 01:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  What do you mean with this comment?

Tom seems to be under the impression that my pride refuses to accept God. I was rhetorically, because Tom isn't here as far as I know, assuring Tom that God is welcome to come over (visit) any time.

I was wondering/assuming so but thought it best to ask before my follow-up:

Are you sure? Don't Christians say atheism stems from an unwillingness to have "God come over anytime"?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2014, 01:32 PM
(19-11-2014 01:28 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 03:02 PM)TreeSapNest Wrote:  Tom seems to be under the impression that my pride refuses to accept God. I was rhetorically, because Tom isn't here as far as I know, assuring Tom that God is welcome to come over (visit) any time.

I was wondering/assuming so but thought it best to ask before my follow-up:

Are you sure? Don't Christians say atheism stems from an unwillingness to have "God come over anytime"?

What does that even mean? How is one unwilling to have a non-existent entity 'come over'?
Find all posts by this user
19-11-2014, 01:36 PM
(19-11-2014 01:28 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Are you sure? Don't Christians say atheism stems from an unwillingness to have "God come over anytime"?

He's welcome in my home anytime. Of this I am sure.
[+] 1 user Likes TreeSapNest's post
19-11-2014, 02:16 PM
(19-11-2014 01:36 PM)TreeSapNest Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 01:28 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Are you sure? Don't Christians say atheism stems from an unwillingness to have "God come over anytime"?

He's welcome in my home anytime. Of this I am sure.

How would you recognise him?
19-11-2014, 02:41 PM
(19-11-2014 02:16 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 01:36 PM)TreeSapNest Wrote:  He's welcome in my home anytime. Of this I am sure.

How would you recognise him?

You will need:
Heavy furniture
A hammer
Nails
Spear...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
19-11-2014, 03:46 PM
(19-11-2014 02:16 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  How would you recognise him?

Good question. Still welcome, though.
20-11-2014, 11:24 AM
(19-11-2014 01:28 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Don't Christians say atheism stems from an unwillingness to have "God come over anytime"?

Christians say a lot of things, a large chunk of them bumblefuckingly stupid. What's your point?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
20-11-2014, 11:42 AM
(19-11-2014 02:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 02:16 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  How would you recognise him?

You will need:
Heavy furniture
A hammer
Nails
Spear...

And pills. Lots of pills. Preferably anti-psychotics.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-11-2014, 12:20 PM

If Christians say that, then they are wrong. Most atheists I know allow for the possibility of a god existing. There simply is no evidence for one to date and therefore there is no belief in a god. But that can change anytime a god presents him/her/itself - thus, such a god certainly would be welcome over anytime.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
21-11-2014, 10:45 AM
(20-11-2014 11:24 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 01:28 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Don't Christians say atheism stems from an unwillingness to have "God come over anytime"?

Christians say a lot of things, a large chunk of them bumblefuckingly stupid. What's your point?

I'm really tempted to reply to you, however you have provided nothing of substance within, and therefore The Q must be silent here.

Please try again as you undoubtedly understood our query. But I will rephrase for the benefit of those late to the party:

Christians call baloney on atheists who say "God can come over" when they are unwilling to go to God. "God, do what I say and come to my house by tomorrow evening or else" is so lamentable not even Hindus believe it... Drinking Beverage

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user