Tom Short

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2014, 10:50 AM
RE: Tom Short
(20-11-2014 12:20 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 01:28 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Are you sure? Don't Christians say atheism stems from an unwillingness to have "God come over anytime"?

If Christians say that, then they are wrong. Most atheists I know allow for the possibility of a god existing. There simply is no evidence for one to date and therefore there is no belief in a god. But that can change anytime a god presents him/her/itself - thus, such a god certainly would be welcome over anytime.

The problem is in the two words you chose of "no evidence". The Q pity those sad Earthlings for example, who say there is "no evidence" for a WWII holocaust, because the Shoah has so much evidence backing it one would almost say it is self-evident. The Q are disappointed in those who say "scant evidence" for a holocaust. Are you incapable of stating there is some evidence for a god? Here's some for you to ponder...

There are thousands of atheists' posts on the Internet that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real--so many so that if you drop the Internet into a time capsule, thousands of years from now on The Planet of The Apes or whatever is left, people will assume "atheist" equals "one who believes in the flying spaghetti monster". Atheists have thus substantiated a rather powerful if al dente Ontological Argument For The Existence Of God, for which I am "eternally" grateful.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2014, 10:54 AM
(21-11-2014 10:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(20-11-2014 12:20 PM)Impulse Wrote:  If Christians say that, then they are wrong. Most atheists I know allow for the possibility of a god existing. There simply is no evidence for one to date and therefore there is no belief in a god. But that can change anytime a god presents him/her/itself - thus, such a god certainly would be welcome over anytime.

The problem is in the two words you chose of "no evidence". The Q pity those sad Earthlings for example, who say there is "no evidence" for a WWII holocaust, because the Shoah has so much evidence backing it one would almost say it is self-evident. The Q are disappointed in those who say "scant evidence" for a holocaust. Are you incapable of stating there is some evidence for a god? Here's some for you to ponder...

There are thousands of atheists' posts on the Internet that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real--so many so that if you drop the Internet into a time capsule, thousands of years from now on The Planet of The Apes or whatever is left, people will assume "atheist" equals "one who believes in the flying spaghetti monster". Atheists have thus substantiated a rather powerful if al dente Ontological Argument For The Existence Of God, for which I am "eternally" grateful.

You are so stupid that you don't recognize that your argument shows the direct opposite of what you think it does.

Maybe the Q should simply remain silent.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Machias's post
21-11-2014, 11:03 AM
You don't seem to understand sarcasm. The FSM is a fictional character concocted to show the absurdity of believing in a god with no evidence.
Fictional, like the Q character on TNG.
Your third person references are...slightly disturbing, and don't do much for your credibility.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
21-11-2014, 11:22 AM
(21-11-2014 10:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The problem is in the two words you chose of "no evidence". The Q pity those sad Earthlings for example, who say there is "no evidence" for a WWII holocaust, because the Shoah has so much evidence backing it one would almost say it is self-evident. The Q are disappointed in those who say "scant evidence" for a holocaust. Are you incapable of stating there is some evidence for a god? Here's some for you to ponder...
"The Q"... Rolleyes

I have not seen one single sliver of evidence that supports the existence of any god.

(21-11-2014 10:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There are thousands of atheists' posts on the Internet that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real--so many so that if you drop the Internet into a time capsule, thousands of years from now on The Planet of The Apes or whatever is left, people will assume "atheist" equals "one who believes in the flying spaghetti monster". Atheists have thus substantiated a rather powerful if al dente Ontological Argument For The Existence Of God, for which I am "eternally" grateful.

Please show me just one post by an atheist who sincerely believes the FSM exists.

In addition, a bunch of people saying so, even if they really believe it, certainly is not evidence for its existence. So you've made no point.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
21-11-2014, 12:55 PM
ROFL.

Again, thousands of years from now, people may well take atheism's mocking and pouting about an FSM as evidence that there was a cult that worshipped the FSM! You are strengthening the ontological case for God, one of my least favorite apologetics. Thanks!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2014, 02:13 PM
(21-11-2014 12:55 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ROFL.

Again, thousands of years from now, people may well take atheism's mocking and pouting about an FSM as evidence that there was a cult that worshipped the FSM! You are strengthening the ontological case for God, one of my least favorite apologetics. Thanks!

Are you forgetting that we have the internet, and thus have access to dictionaries at all times?

The Ontological Argument has nothing to do with parodies or multiple deities being in existence. It states as its base premise that "... we believe that thou art a being than which nothing greater can be conceived.", basically "God is an entity which absolutely cannot be surpassed".

By your saying it "strengthens the ontological case for God" you are saying that the existence of the FSM proves your god; when an objectively better being is being imagined how does it ontologically prove your deity?

Indeed why would anybody thousands of years from now even consider using the OA? The thing was laughable when it was first presented, as one Guanilo of Marmoutiers pointed out by 'proving' the existence of a perfect island (which coincidentally does not exist.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
21-11-2014, 02:36 PM

Just like today Christians believe the silly stories from thousands of years ago. Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like Rik's post
21-11-2014, 05:23 PM

It isn't even related to an ontological case for God except in your wishful thinking.

There are people who look at such things in their full context, history, and proper meanings. Those people will not mistake the true meaning of the FSM.

Then there are other people who read a mere headline and embellish it into an entire story from their fantasy. These people will imagine all sorts of things, most of which will never have been said by atheists even in jest or sarcasm.

And life goes on. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
21-11-2014, 05:34 PM
The fact that he thinks college campuses make for prime recruiting grounds already speaks numbers on his intelligence.

[Image: giphy.gif]
21-11-2014, 07:12 PM
(17-11-2014 09:39 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm wondering if members here have encountered Tom Short, perhaps on their college campus:

http://www.tomthepreacher.com/

Thank you.

No, although my college had its own preacher who would stand around loudly proclaiming things. Oddly enough, at that time in my life, I was still Christian, yet he still bothered me.