Tom Short

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Tom Short
(25-11-2014 02:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Sometimes, you can prove a negative. Do you have an elephant in your pajamas? Go look in your pajamas.

How did you arrive at pajamas being comparable to everywhere? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2014, 03:25 PM
(25-11-2014 02:56 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 02:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Sometimes, you can prove a negative. Do you have an elephant in your pajamas? Go look in your pajamas.

Go look at Ron Jeremy's work. Drinking Beverage

A snake is not an elephant. Drinking Beverage

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2014, 03:27 PM
(25-11-2014 02:56 PM)Impulse Wrote:  

How did you arrive at pajamas being comparable to everywhere? Consider

T'isnt. There are some negatives that may be proven. One might be the FSM. But not only can't you be everywhere, you cannot be inside my life, mind and soul! So if I say God is self-evident to me, you cannot disprove that. You can only make allegations or insinuations.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2014, 03:36 PM
(25-11-2014 03:25 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 02:56 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Go look at Ron Jeremy's work. Drinking Beverage

A snake is not an elephant. Drinking Beverage

All in the eye of the beholder Hobo and the definition.

I thought 'twas appropriate considering the red herring of space aliens and the random comment about knowing a living, documented citizen of the United States and the irony of you believing in the existence of bible characters with no proof of existence. Ron Jeremy's schlong is no more off topic than your elephant pants comment.

Quote:T'isnt. There are some negatives that may be proven. One might be the FSM. But not only can't you be everywhere, you cannot be inside my life, mind and soul! So if I say God is self-evident to me, you cannot disprove that. You can only make allegations or insinuations.

Interesting, I can't be inside the mind of a schizophrenic, but when they start spouting off shit about spiders crawling out of their skin and blood dripping down the walls, I just say "Ok, time for another dose of Haldol..."

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
25-11-2014, 03:43 PM
(25-11-2014 03:27 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 02:56 PM)Impulse Wrote:  How did you arrive at pajamas being comparable to everywhere? Consider

T'isnt. There are some negatives that may be proven. One might be the FSM. But not only can't you be everywhere, you cannot be inside my life, mind and soul! So if I say God is self-evident to me, you cannot disprove that. You can only make allegations or insinuations.

How do you know there isn't a "quantum resurrected Jebus-body" in your pants ?
Saying the gods "are self-evident" to you (and your imaginary soul) just proves you expect others to participate in your delusional world, and don't in general care to be questioned about your delusions. No one can prove that god is not self-evident to you. But you have not defined what that means, or gone through the process by which your brain cells/structures came to that conclusion. Oh wait. You can't.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-11-2014, 03:48 PM
(25-11-2014 03:27 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  T'isnt. There are some negatives that may be proven. One might be the FSM. But not only can't you be everywhere, you cannot be inside my life, mind and soul! So if I say God is self-evident to me, you cannot disprove that. You can only make allegations or insinuations.

I agree that I can't disprove it, but neither can you prove it. All I can say is that your personal experience doesn't help anyone else to believe in your god.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
25-11-2014, 06:07 PM
So, if I find an elephant in my new jammies that means god exists? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Re: RE: Tom Short
(25-11-2014 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, if I find an elephant in my new jammies that means god exists? Blink
Or Ron Jeremy.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
25-11-2014, 06:16 PM
(25-11-2014 06:15 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, if I find an elephant in my new jammies that means god exists? Blink
Or Ron Jeremy.

If I find Ron Jeremy in my new jammies that means god exists? Shocking

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
25-11-2014, 06:21 PM

That's self-evident to me. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.