Tom Short

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: Tom Short
An Elephant trunk is an elephant to me.

If you told me the FSM isn't self evident in knowledge, I would agree... but I would basically accept very little outside of suckling reflexes and what nervous system reactions are such as hot/cold to be self evident. What anything is from God to a Rock, is not really inherently known apart from being taught.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2014, 06:26 PM
(25-11-2014 06:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, if I find an elephant in my new jammies that means god exists? Blink

That's self-evident to me. Yes

Weeping Why are signs from gawd so weird?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-11-2014, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 06:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-11-2014 06:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's self-evident to me. Yes

Weeping Why are signs from gawd so weird?

It's all about the marketing. Thumbsup

A few years ago, if I HAD found someone or other in my jammies, I WOULD have said "there IS a god". BlushWeepingBig Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-11-2014, 06:40 PM
(25-11-2014 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:15 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Or Ron Jeremy.

If I find Ron Jeremy in my new jammies that means god exists? Shocking

Current Ron Jeremy in your PJ's? Evidence towards the existence of a god.

Young Ron Jeremy in your undies? Evidence towards the existence of a god and it wants you to be happy.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 2 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
25-11-2014, 06:57 PM
What about if there's an elephant in your dress? [Image: curious-elephant-is-curious-lol-animal.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
25-11-2014, 07:01 PM
(25-11-2014 06:40 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If I find Ron Jeremy in my new jammies that means god exists? Shocking

Current Ron Jeremy in your PJ's? Evidence towards the existence of a god.

Young Ron Jeremy in your undies? Evidence towards the existence of a god and it wants you to be happy.

Really not my type then and certainly not now. ICK...Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-11-2014, 08:25 PM
(25-11-2014 03:27 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 02:56 PM)Impulse Wrote:  How did you arrive at pajamas being comparable to everywhere? Consider

T'isnt. There are some negatives that may be proven. One might be the FSM. But not only can't you be everywhere, you cannot be inside my life, mind and soul! So if I say God is self-evident to me, you cannot disprove that. You can only make allegations or insinuations.

No one has said anything about your belief, let alone deny it. You really don't follow discussions well at all.

If god is self-evident to you, it is because of your ignorance of the real world and your wishful thinking. It is delusion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-11-2014, 08:37 PM
(25-11-2014 08:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 03:27 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  T'isnt. There are some negatives that may be proven. One might be the FSM. But not only can't you be everywhere, you cannot be inside my life, mind and soul! So if I say God is self-evident to me, you cannot disprove that. You can only make allegations or insinuations.

No one has said anything about your belief, let alone deny it. You really don't follow discussions well at all.

If god is self-evident to you, it is because of your ignorance of the real world and your wishful thinking. It is delusion.

Faith for Christians is supposed to be one of the gifts of the spirit.
Apparently he thinks he doesn't need that, and is above it. (1 Corinthians 12)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-12-2014, 02:25 PM
(25-11-2014 06:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  An Elephant trunk is an elephant to me.

If you told me the FSM isn't self evident in knowledge, I would agree... but I would basically accept very little outside of suckling reflexes and what nervous system reactions are such as hot/cold to be self evident. What anything is from God to a Rock, is not really inherently known apart from being taught.

You've called to question something quite important, how do we know what we know? You mentioned being taught. In what ways do we learn facts (or myths) apart from reading them or hearing them from others or personally experiencing them for ourselves? And how do we sort facts from myths?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2014, 03:59 PM
(02-12-2014 02:25 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You've called to question something quite important, how do we know what we know? You mentioned being taught. In what ways do we learn facts (or myths) apart from reading them or hearing them from others or personally experiencing them for ourselves? And how do we sort facts from myths?

Obviously we must consult a magic book and perform holy rituals to invite an invisible sex-obsessed being to tell us the secret knowledge that cannot be gained by e.g. trying something out and seeing what happens Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post