Tomatoes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Tomatoes
Uhm. So we grow tomatoes in our house. Like, inside the house. In the corridor. Not even outside. We just hope the window in the corridor provides us with enough sun. It doesn't, because it's Ireland and there is no sun. The tomatoes somehow grow anyway. We never need to buy tomatoes.

Confused

I just wanted to be the first person to post in the shiny new forum.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Smooshmonster's post
14-08-2012, 12:27 PM
RE: Tomatoes
Yay for the shiny new forum and tasty tomatoes!

I've grown some plants that are similar to the way tomatoes grow indoors. With enough lighting and care, you don't need the sun. Of course, the plants I grew had a distinctive odor to them so you have to hope your uptight neighbors won't notice. Confused

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-08-2012, 12:45 PM
peel under boiling water
cut
Poor olive oil in wide oven dish
put tomatoes in wide oven dish
add onion rings, origano and black peper
put in 210° oven for 1H
stir
Put in oven again for 15 to 20 min
mix
enjoy best pasta sauce ever

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
14-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Oh man... I've had the BEST tomato sandwiches for the past 3 or 4 days! Some guy at work finally brought some in on Friday. Hope he brings in more.

That reminds me, Wednesdays and Saturdays here we have a Farmers' Market... I just love it. I'd much rather give the local farmers my $$ than the supermarket.

Heart SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FARMERS Heart goddamnit Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
14-08-2012, 01:23 PM
(14-08-2012 12:45 PM)Observer Wrote:  peel under boiling water

Peel under boiling water - YIKES!!!!!!!

Alternative quickie recipe (the lazy girl's gourmet pasta sauce):

Put fresh picked tomatoes in Vitamix (skin and all). Add onions, pepper, salt, oregano, thyme, lots of fresh basil leaves, parsley, 1 green pepper.

Pulse until creamy.

Cook ground beef (low fat), italian sausage, sliced mushrooms and chopped onions in pan.

Add to tomato mixture. Microwave until done. Stir midway through cooking.

Pour over pasta, top with some Parmesan or similar Italian hard grated cheese.

Yum!!! If you don't have some of the ingredients, just skip them. It will still be great, just not perfect.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Oregano and toms...... made for each other Drooling

Do you peeps pronounce it.....

Two ma toe

Two mate o

I use the first one Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
14-08-2012, 02:00 PM
(14-08-2012 12:46 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh man... I've had the BEST tomato sandwiches for the past 3 or 4 days! Some guy at work finally brought some in on Friday. Hope he brings in more.

That reminds me, Wednesdays and Saturdays here we have a Farmers' Market... I just love it. I'd much rather give the local farmers my $$ than the supermarket.

Heart SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FARMERS Heart goddamnit Dodgy

Sliced local tomatoes on yummy local bread (toasted) with a little mayo and grated parmesan. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
14-08-2012, 02:20 PM
(14-08-2012 02:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sliced local tomatoes on yummy local bread (toasted) with a little mayo and grated parmesan. Thumbsup
Ooh... parmesan ... I'll have to try that.

I like a pumpernickel (always toasted) that I get locally - I think the appeal is the strong flavors up against the fruitiness of the tomato.

Crap. I think this new forum might help put me into a larger size of blue jeans. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
14-08-2012, 02:22 PM
peel
spoon out
mix peeled grey shrimp with mayo
fill tomato with mixture
serve chilled with glass of white wine

Belgian classic!!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
14-08-2012, 02:23 PM
(14-08-2012 02:20 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-08-2012 02:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sliced local tomatoes on yummy local bread (toasted) with a little mayo and grated parmesan. Thumbsup
Ooh... parmesan ... I'll have to try that.

I like a pumpernickel (always toasted) that I get locally - I think the appeal is the strong flavors up against the fruitiness of the tomato.

Crap. I think this new forum might help put me into a larger size of blue jeans. Wink

If you come work in my orchard you won't. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Green tomatoes Dom 26 940 07-11-2012 02:46 PM
Last Post: Vera